Soccer

I'm a little frustrated with my summer team. They just don't seem to care. And they get all mad if you yell at them. Our forwards must have been offside at least 20 times last week. And when someone yelled at them to get back they had a hissy fit.

My defender kept players onside, resulting in like two goals, and when I yelled at her to listen (when I call out) she had a hissy fit as well.

Honestly, If I didn't want to play so much I would just quit.

I can't wait til I get back to university soccer, where the team actually works hard, and cares...

Hey guys, I could use some soccer help :smiley:

I have Varsity try-outs coming up in three weeks, and I'm pretty damn nervous.
Last year I was told by the coach that there is a high chance I'll be cut this year. Obviously it wasn't something I wanted to hear, but anyway.

One of the big things that holds me back with the team is the fact that once I get up there my confidence shoots way down. At home, the team I play with pretty much worships me. In North Bay, I don't feel like they have any trust in me, and that makes me very self-conscious about the way I play. So this is one thing I could use help with.

I play keeper, so I don't know anyone has any experience with this, but do you have any tips for me to make this a good tryout and earn a spot on the team again?

Kewii said:
Hey guys, I could use some soccer help :smiley:

I have Varsity try-outs coming up in three weeks, and I'm pretty damn nervous.
Last year I was told by the coach that there is a high chance I'll be cut this year. Obviously it wasn't something I wanted to hear, but anyway.

One of the big things that holds me back with the team is the fact that once I get up there my confidence shoots way down. At home, the team I play with pretty much worships me. In North Bay, I don't feel like they have any trust in me, and that makes me very self-conscious about the way I play. So this is one thing I could use help with.

I play keeper, so I don't know anyone has any experience with this, but do you have any tips for me to make this a good tryout and earn a spot on the team again?
[post="951140"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Oooo...don't know ya but played soccer for my entire life till just recently had to offically retire due to too many injuries...believe me...ask me and I've had it! :P
My twinny sis is a keeper...and I trained with her and what not all the time....hmm...all I can say is that....just go with your gut on where you think the player's gonna shoot...don't fall for those fake outs and tell tales....cause gut instincts are like..always right 99% of the time...
er...just play you're best...have fun and I can try to tell you not to be nervous.....but that's a given..... :blink:

Uh..picture them all in their underwear? :confused:

Um...I play right wing..or right stricker..... so...I loves me a goalie killin'!! :eat:

yeah..probably didn't help ya much there....but good luck! (y)
⚽

Colly E. 🦋

lol, will do then..goalie killer :P

and you're going to want to upload your banner onto this site (check out the fan media thread) so that we just don't see the tripod banner.

I don't play keeper anymore but I use to be pretty good. anyways I was training with my friend who is also a keeper for hockey though, he said to watch the players hips...I didn't get it but maybe it might make some sense to you. Also don't listen to people when they say that when you kick with your right it goes to the left, and visa versa with the left. the keepers I shoot against play by that like it is a religion, just go with your instinct. (well not me, my other friend) You can also be really agressive. come out of your net and challenge people. and be calm...don't worry about what the coaches are thinking, just do you best and think you are with your team (the one in north bay).

anyways, good luck.

if anyone has some advice on being a sweeper or mid please post some tips, I am trying out for my schools team and I don't think I will make it. :( mostly because there are returning players and they are in the position I play.

The biggest thing that you can do to impress a coach is to be vocal - be very vocal.
If you're playing Sweeper you should be controlling the defence (well, helping the keeper control the defence) so show the coach you can do that.

Even in midfield being loud is a bonus. You need to show you can work as a team. Another thing is to try to demonstrate good ball control. Don't panic if there is a player on you, and try to play smart.

ie: If your on right midfield and there's a lot of pressure, show that you know to switch the ball to the left side of the field (preferably with a high cross).

Also don't be afraid to pass the ball back, even if you're sweeper. Trust your keeper will do their job and clear the ball properly if you're in trouble.

Well, my try-outs start tomorrow. (Actually there's a meeting for it today -- but I can't make it up to school for it)
I'm super nervous about it.

Wish me luck. Hopefully I'll be able to come back with good news :smiley:

I so miss playing soccer. I stopped playing 3 years ago because all my school had was a guys team and didnt give the girls much chance to make the team. I played Def Midfield for 5 years and was a forward before that. If my school would have gotten girls soccer I thought about trying to be a keeper I always thought that would be cool. But they never did and I got good at throwing discus so i gave up soccer for Track. I hope you make ur team Kewii.

Back