Soccer

Can't see that happening myself.

Both sides will field a fairly weakened team I reckon and Chelsea's reserves are better than Man Utd's.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Chelsea started a strong side to try gain an advantage over United for the Cup tie...

I also hate West Ham (what with them being promoted a couple of years ago when they finished 6th and we finished 3rd <_<).

But in a way I'm glad they stayed up. They play much better football than Sheffield United or Wigan.

Yes it was. They kept saying on the BBC that it "wasn't living up to expectations". It was living up to my expectations that's for sure. I knew it'll be a dull game where both sides would be too scared to attack.

Although I thought the sides would be better at set-pieces, but they were both too scared even then.

Giggs should've had that goal though. Clearly over the line and Steve Bennett never gave a free kick in Cech's favour.

Also, Didier Drogba's goal came from that 'foul' Alan Smith commited on Mikel. Smith CLEARLY won the ball in that challenge!!!

Funny old game is football.

When AC lost to Liverpool 2 years ago they were the better team. Tonight they were the worst side and they won.

Football season may be over, but the action certainly ain't finished lads! England playing tomorrow night, anyone agree with me Mclaren is dead and buried as England manager??

Estonia have not scored in 20 months. I'd expect 11 Frank Lampards to go out and win easily tonight.

If we draw or lose, McClaren has to be sacked.

Not bad, but I'm still not convinced.

Beckham was by far our strongest player tonight. It's good to see, he's playing with 100% passion because he now knows he could be dropped at anytime.

Do the same with Frank Lampard, please McClaren, only don't recall him.

1 year today that australia beat Japan 3-1 in the World Cup! One of the best days.....well nights for us In the History of the sport for Aussies!!

Do you think you were cheated out of the World Cup? Alot of people seem to think Materazzi dived to win that penalty against your lot. I think Neill (I think it was him) was very daft to make a sliding challenge, especially against the Italians.

Anyone watch the charity shield yesterday? felgercarb game, yet about 50 million times better than the Cup final. I used to look forward to big teams playing each other, but now it's so disappointing. They're too scared to attack from fear of conceding.

Least footie has got a big thread now. I havent watched much footie lately but i also quit playing myself. Don't want to kill me knees.

New season starts Saturday. Can't wait. :D

Hopefully Franny Jeffers will be at Sheffield Wednesday by then and Jason De Vos breaks his legs!

Used to. Played for a team called Bramford United. I was at the team from day one, we all sat down and discussed what positions we wanted to play. I said right-back or the holding midfielder. It comes to the first game of the season and I get lumbered up-front.

Scored a hat-trick against some no mark team who we beat about 9-0. Scored two in my second game. Yet I was dropped to the bench in the third game because the manager's son was fit again. I left after two seasons, I couldn't handle being second fiddle to the boss' son.

You play?

Back