Sociology Scifi

Is it the people who want too much or are the old powers greedy?

• The old senate powers are greedy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The people are asking for too much

• Neither. It is part of the process of government

• Total voters

Alexander Oliver Sen

Creator and Writer
Civilizations, sociology, and cultures are an interesting topic for me. I find learning about systematic approaches to solving similar problems fascinating.

In light of the current situation with Obama-care and the government shutdown.

The governments with their records, taxes, and statistics are what keeps countries alive and well. By good governance it means knowing how much money we can allow to float in the system, and how much to tax the people, while also knowing what government programs should create and support.

Yet, the problem lies in that government is responsible to the people, which can be good or bad, depending upon the spirit of the times. Thus in a democracy or representative government, the people and how they live their lives should also be held accountable. As when more people want more money, (or who and what ever that has sway over the people) it affects who is in power, and who has authority. When the people are greedy the government fails or is corrupt.

Thus the world wants to grow yet expenses run high, how can we sustain society when the will of the people leads to failure and or corruption?

I think the problem is that we live in a world where the executive branch of government and corporate think-tanks convince the American people to spend there money foolishly. Anytime we go to war, government contractors make lots of money, and a politician is in line to get what you would call a kick-back, so that is all the more reason to pose false threats and unneccesary overhauls of systems that needed to be simplified, as opposed to over-complicated; as with healthcare.

In the poll options there is a "Neither" choice but not a "Both" choice. ;) I would've voted for "Both" as the Government politicians, with their own agenda for power & fortune, simply can't keep up with a society, at least in the US, that seems to increase their sense of entitlement with each passing year. One side is destined to eventually crash.

Back