Season 4 Sofia (Elena) finally looked like a Derevko!

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
Okay, I was a little wary at first when I realized that Sonia Braga was playing Elena Derevko, because she didn't seem that much like Irina or Katya. But tonight...I completely changed my mind! She was 100% Derevko, baby! She had the accent, the mysterious and creepy demeanor, the bizarre fashion sense, even the walk! I completely buy her as Irina and Katya's sister now. It just all came together in this episode. Did anybody else notice a change?

I saw her as a Derevko before, but I know what you mean. LOL @ the bizarre fashion sense -- you're so right! ;) They do have a distinct, odd style. :lol:

She got some long hair and yes i did c the recembelance. last week i wus saying how ugly Irina's sister were but Elenna looked a lot better in this episode and looked like a derevco :D

Oh man, as soon as I saw her with that hat brandishing the knife... no doubt in my mind anymore. Another Derevko lives! Now, when can we see a giant three-way sister catfight??? :D

kum-daddy said:
Oh man, as soon as I saw her with that hat brandishing the knife... no doubt in my mind anymore. Another Derevko lives!
[post="1327502"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hahaha that's exactly what i said!!! :lol: and the long hair, katya doesn't have long hair though....boooo lol

I just can't get over that. At first i thought she was going for a mime or something (the weird hat made me think that.) But i loved how she stabbed him and then did the weird walk as she shoved him behind the pillar. That was hilarious.

Oh, and in Syd's house when she had the gun in her purse. So intense. I was yelling, NO DON'T SHOOT WEISS... i know he has another show coming uo but noooo, he can't die! Think of the children... err Nadia.

Oh and OF COURSE the swift jugular cut of the random glassed guy. Dude, she is badass and I love it! :P :Ph34r: :woot:

I was thinking how could Sonia Braga be a Derevkro, but tonight there were times when she looked alot like Katya. She did a great job being creepy and cold hearted. But some of the strange faces she made after talking to Nadia makes me wonder what her plans are. You would think that the lady didn't like her.

Elena does seem to be the ugly duckling. Irina's beautiful in a classic way, I think Katya is also attractive, but Sophia . . . seems to be aging not as gracefully as the other two!

But she definitely acts like a Derevko!

Her and Nadia looked like they could be mother and daughter near the beginning of the show when they were arguing over whether she was overstaying her welcome.

Okay....totally off subject but this has been bugging me...so when Nadia was a little girl and subjected to the green goo to do her drawings, she was in Elena's/Sofia's care right? Does she not remember that...has it been explained? Did Elena make it look like she was kidnapped, had that done to her and returned to the orphanage or what? :confused:

gypsy_silk said:
Elena does seem to be the ugly duckling.  Irina's beautiful in a classic way, I think Katya is also attractive, but Sophia . . . seems to be aging not as gracefully as the other two!

But she definitely acts like a Derevko!
[post="1327603"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sonia Braga was frequently mentioned as one of Playboy's Sex Stars of the 70's. She was the hottest of the international Latina stars. She looked basically the same, only younger. She was never a classic beauty, but she was interesting in a multi-ethnic way. :D

freelancer7 said:
Her and Nadia looked like they could be mother and daughter near the beginning of the show when they were arguing over whether she was overstaying her welcome.

Okay....totally off subject but this has been bugging me...so when Nadia was a little girl and subjected to the green goo to do her drawings, she was in Elena's/Sofia's care right?  Does she not remember that...has it been explained?  Did Elena make it look like she was kidnapped, had that done to her and returned to the orphanage or what? :confused:
[post="1327652"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Nadia's childhood is questionable. I thought that the story was she came to the orphage after being rescued by Bill Vaughn while writing Rambaldi transcripts for the KGB as a child.

Nadia was under KGB custody when she was given the green goo, so Yelena wasn't involved in that. Since Nadia was taken away from Irina shortly after her birth, I don't think that either Katya nor Yelena were in contact with Nadia until she got rescued by Bill Vaughn.

^^Okay...for some reason I am remembering that Sofia described to Vaughn that his dad brought her to the orphanage as a baby? I guess I just assumed that or something. Her whole past is very confusing! :blink:

^^Okay...for some reason I am remembering that Sofia described to Vaughn that his dad brought her to the orphanage as a baby? I guess I just assumed that or something. Her whole past is very confusing!

Hmm, for some reason I thought she was six. .. But now that you mention it, I think Sofia may have said that.. Good thing I'm re-watching a bunch this weekend. I'll pay attention to that!

Azalea said:
Okay, I was a little wary at first when I realized that Sonia Braga was playing Elena Derevko, because she didn't seem that much like Irina or Katya.  But tonight...I completely changed my mind!  She was 100% Derevko, baby!  She had the accent, the mysterious and creepy demeanor, the bizarre fashion sense, even the walk!  I completely buy her as Irina and Katya's sister now. It just all came together in this episode.  Did anybody else notice a change?
[post="1327453"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
i thought the same thing
i was like OMG casting :notworthy:
she reeeeeeeeeeally really does now and i was worried
awesome (y)

ConcreteGirl said:
Maybe she is the oldest sister.
[post="1327649"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
She is played by the eldest actress. Per IMDb:

Sonia Braga b 1950
Isabella Rossellini b 1952
Lena Olin b 1956

freelancer7 said:
^^Okay...for some reason I am remembering that Sofia described to Vaughn that his dad brought her to the orphanage as a baby?  I guess I just assumed that or something.  Her whole past is very confusing! :blink:
[post="1327667"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think they're being intentionally confusing. However, that Russian footage must have come from somewhere . . .

I thought Irina was the oldest sister and Elena was the middle sister and Katya was the baby. I think I read that somewhere.

She was pretty cool last night. She totally kicked butt. It's great to have a villian on the show that we can admire for more than one episode. I also loved how Nadia told her not to be so stubborn when they were arguing about whether she'd go to a hotel or not. All the Derevko women are stubborn.

I was worried as to Elena's ability to top her sisters in evil things. However, after last night's episode, she is starting to prove me wrong. She is determined to not get caught and would have taken out her own niece to furthur her own agenda. It was impressive. I was really wanting Katya to be the baddest Derevko sister of all. Isabella is so impressive. Hopefully we will see more of Elena's naughty ways.

I was a bit iffy about Elena being the baddest Derevko, but she proved me wrong when she started killing all those people and she even killed her partner!

I agree. Sonia really started bringing on the hard-core evil in this episode. :cool: I can totally buy her as a Derevko. I've been surprised by all the negative comments regarding her appearance, though; how she looks too "old" or too "ugly" to be a Derevko, because I think she's very exotically beautiful and looks great for a woman in her fifties. Especially in last night's episode, when she didn't have giant bruises around her eyes and was dressed in dark spy clothes with her insanely long hair all loose. I thought she looked fabulous!

Back