Paula

Admin
The New Softball Thread-
kinda a survey type one-

Name: Paula
Do you play? Yes
For what? My High school
Position- 1st, 3rd, 2nd (in that order)
Whatever you want to say is cool as long as its not inappropriate or bashing the sport.

I;ve got my first game tomorrow against some HS I never heard of. Might be rained out :(
I love our fields though. So close to the tennis courts and some certain people :blush: :swoon:....I;ll make a "Paula's Guys " thread soon to explain :smiley: Like over on the old boards. Quite a soap opera.

~~Play the game?~~
~~~[Paula~~~

Mine should be starting in April. ^_^ I'm very excited. I play first, pitcher and short. I'm more of a fielder than a batter too, but I'm not completely horrible at batting. We just got lights on our second field, and GOOD dirt instead of gravel. When we slid we would always get cuts all up our legs because it was all rocks. But now it's not, yay!! ^_^

i play softball, but not slow pitch, but fast pitch. slow pitch seems to easy. ive played every position in a game except for pitcher. my coach tried to get me into pitching but i wasnt very good. i havea really good glove so my main positions r short n second.

Woohoo! more people!!
anyway i always assume when people say softball they mean FASTpitch....so unless otherwise noted i always speak of fastpitch.

i mean , slowpitch is ok, but not as fun. its really just a batting contest if you think about it.

yea i kno wat u mean. when i watch slow pitch, ive only seen girls who jus want to play a sport jus for the heck of it. theyre never really that good.

Yeah i play softball too!! :D I've played it since i was about 7. I tried slowpitch one year and it was so boring. (no offense to any slowpitch players). I'm on a fastpitch tournament team now but we only have 2 tournaments left :( I've played on tournament teams since i was 10 so i have experience..lol. My team is pretty good. I can play just about anywhere but i mainly pitch and play first base for my team. I used to suck at hitting but i have to admit my hitting is getting pretty good this year. :P

Yea slowpitch is boring... I have a new position, and it's SOOOO fun!! I LOVE catching!!! Does anyone else catch??? It's the best!!

I played softball for about 7 years consecutively before I'm finally not playing this year. I really miss it though, but for reasons, I couldn't play this year. I used to play catcher (killed my knees forever) pitcher, 3rd, shortstop. I was ok. Never outstanding though sometimes I did something good, but still pretty average. I miss playing it, even for fun, though. Unfortunately, for middle schoolers there was never a team, and the summer leagues were never organized well. But still, I'm glad I played for as long as I did and still my fav. sport!

IM A CATCHER! catching is so much fun!! u get dirty n u jus have to use ur body a lot. i also have a good arm so it helps when i throw it down to second.