Sci-Fi Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Korinaz

Scout
Title: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Tagline: Never tell him the odds.

Genre: Science Fiction, Adventure, Action

Director: Ron Howard

Cast: Alden Ehrenreich, Joonas Suotamo, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Thandiwe Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Paul Bettany, Jon Favreau, Erin Kellyman, Linda Hunt, Ian Kenny, John Tui, Anna Francolini, Andrew Woodall, Warwick Davis, Shaquille Ali-Yebuah, Eben Figueiredo, Aaron Heffernan, Hal Fowler, Damian Farrell, Charlotte Louise, Sema-Tawi Smart, Clint Howard, Dee Tails, Attila Vajda, Anthony Daniels, Kiran Shah, Fraser Kelly, Lily Newmark, Jason Wong, Alice Hewkin, Samantha Colley, Robert Morgan, Miles Richardson, Sammy Hayman, Rona Morison, Dempsey Bovell, Joseph Charles, Dave Chapman, Katy Kartwheel, Harley Durst, Andrew Jack, Samuel Witwer, Ray Park, Toby Hefferman, Jonathan Kasdan, Richard Dixon, Deepak Anand, Al Clark, Samantha Alleyne, Juan Alonso, Derek Arnold, Belinda Chapple, Paul Davis, Kristianne-Kaith Domingo, John Duggan, Jordan Dumaurier, Vikki Edwards, Marc Esse, Kristine Fernandez, James Filanowski, James Galvin, Sean Gislingham, David Guerrero, Juke Hardy, Sarah Sayuri Hare, Ian Harrod, Philip Harvey, Robin Harvey, Marina Hayter, Brian Herring, Robert Hladik, Van-Tien Hoang, Kevin Hudson, Ty Hurley, Sean James, Tobias James-Samuels, Jackson Kai, John Kamau, Tyrone Kearns, Kamil Lemieszewski, Jorge Leon Martinez, Chelsea Li, Chelsea Mather, Obie Matthew, Kenny-Lee Mbanefo, Ashley McGuire, Daniel Prewitt, Jacqueline Ramnarine, Christina Richardson, Mark Ryder, Belal Sabir, Sarah-Stephanie, Atul Sharma, Stephanie Silva, Neil Alexander Smith, Clem So, Richard Stanley, Karol Steele, A.k. Steppa, Fran Targ, Steven F. Thompson, Klemens Niklaus Trenkle, Jo Wheatley, Ray Whelan, John Whitby, Angela Yeoh

Release: 2018-05-15

Runtime: 135

Plot: Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian.
Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Oh well, The last Jedi is not out yet and I am giving you FACTS on the next one (2018), Star Wars: HAN SOLO
I hope you like it! :D .. enjoy,

IDK about this one, not a big Star Wars fan always preferred Trek. And always saw Harrison Ford as Han Solo, even though I know this is a prequel & he could never do it. Still...

IDK about this one, not a big Star Wars fan always preferred Trek. And always saw Harrison Ford as Han Solo, even though I know this is a prequel & he could never do it. Still...
Yeah, when I think of "Han Solo" it is Harrison Ford that comes to mind but I like that under Disney they are trying to keep the Star Wars verse alive & well by doing expanded stories like this instead of a reboot every few years.

I'm not sure if I'll see this one in the theaters or not but I'll definitely end up watching it.

Don't forget Hardware wars! LOL
hardware_wars1.jpg

Saw Solo last week and I liked it. Just liked it, didn't love it.

Disney has ruined Star Wars. While the visuals are incredible and the stars do their best, the writing is beyond horrible, and there is too much political ideology. Too many plot holes, conveniences, poor character development, etc. I LOVED Star Wars growing up, and I even have a soft spot in my heart for the prequels, even though they were also terrible.

These new ones, however, I simply hate. I will not even watch the third one.

Rogue one wasn't as bad, but still bad enough for me that I likely won't watch it again.

Minor spoilers ahead...

I think one of the reasons that Solo is bombing at the box office, is because many older fans have already jumped off the train, especially those sick of the ideology. Solo, IMO, doesn't have as much of that (other than the equal rights fembot, though I see that as much a mockery of current third wave feminists than an endorsement), but too many have already checked out.

The writing issues also exist with Solo. Again, major conveniences, plot holes, unlikable characters. My biggest issue however, is that it's supposed to be an "origin story", but there is no explanation of how/why Solo is such a good pilot (he just is), how he's such a good shot with a blaster (he just is), and I actually hate the way he got his name (I won't spoil it in case you haven't seen it). The actor is nowhere NEAR as charismatic as Ford, but who is? I can't hold that against him.

In summary, it's my favorite of the new SW movies, and probably the only one I will bother to watch again. The visuals make it worth seeing in the theater IMO, unless you have a 75-inch 4k with a Bose sound system at home.

I'm not sure if I'll see this one in the theaters or not but I'll definitely end up watching it.
I think I'll be in the minority when I say I don't think this was a bad film. Unnecessary, maybe, but not a bad addition to the SW movie verse. It's a shame that the response to it means that we'll likely never see any of the actors/actresses in another SW film portraying the same characters.

I liked it but then I'm not a passionate Star Wars junky that criticizes anything that isn't the original three.

I liked it but then I'm not a passionate Star Wars junky that criticizes anything that isn't the original three.
You know, I admit, there are times when I can 'geek out' about a franchise but I'd much rather have an 'okay' movie (or book or music or art or...) versus none at all. I just don't get the "fans" who would rather apparently see something torn apart & destroyed then just being able to say what they didn't like about a particular work.

You know, I admit, there are times when I can 'geek out' about a franchise but I'd much rather have an 'okay' movie (or book or music or art or...) versus none at all. I just don't get the "fans" who would rather apparently see something torn apart & destroyed then just being able to say what they didn't like about a particular work.
I'd be fine, if a little disappointed, with just an "okay" new Star Wars trilogy. The prequel trilogy was objectively bad, but I don't hate it.

But what they've done now, and especially with the most recent film, is akin to someone taking your best friend and turning him against you. I would MUCH rather that these films didn't exist, and I can give you all the reasons for it, if you want, but it would be a REALLY long post, lol.