some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

in love
I had to translate this text at work today, I'm not sure of everything, that's why I'm asking some of you (if possible some english people because it is for english people) to correct the text.

Diving activities
Diving demonstration
Physics of diving

Buoyant Force:
1. The transformed volume: the divers fills up with air a one-litre container, under is suspended a one-kilo weight: balance is restored.
2. The density: the diver holds two identical plastic bottles, one is full of fresh water, the other one is full of sea water. When the diver drops the bottles, the first one rises to the surface, the second one sinks.

Hydrostatic Pressure:
1. Boyle's tube: a transparent tube, corked at its end, is submerged vertically. At 6 metres deep, the water level increases in the tube until graduation 6. The pressure exerted by water, compresses the air volume in the tube.
2. Pressure consequences: a submarine model, shows the effects of pressure on a non-planned enclosure to resist to pressure.

Colour spectrum modification:
The white sunlight is selectively filtered by sea water. The red is the first absorbed wavelength. The diver uses the white light of a diving light to reveal the red colour of the surroundings.

The dive demonstrations take place everyday (except on mondays) from April 7 to April 30, at 11.45am and 4.30pm.

Thanks in advance. ^_^

Okay, I'm not sure about the sentence I changed, but it read better to me this way. The word order wasn't quite right for English - but it was complicated because of all those scientific words! :lol: And a capital 'M' for Monday at the end. :smiley:

Sophie said:
I had to translate this text at work today, I'm not sure of everything, that's why I'm asking some of you (if possible some english people because it is for english people) to correct the text.
Diving activities
Diving demonstration
Physics of diving

Buoyant Force:
1. The transformed volume: the divers fill a one-litre container up with air, underneath a one-kilo weight is suspended: balance is restored.
2. The density: the diver holds two identical plastic bottles, one is full of fresh water, the other one is full of sea water. When the diver drops the bottles, the first one rises to the surface, the second one sinks.

Hydrostatic Pressure:
1. Boyle's tube: a transparent tube, corked at its end, is submerged vertically. At 6 metres deep, the water level increases in the tube until graduation 6. The pressure exerted by water, compresses the air volume in the tube.
2. Pressure consequences: a submarine model, shows the effects of pressure on a non-planned enclosure to resist to pressure.

Colour spectrum modification:
The white sunlight is selectively filtered by sea water. The red is the first absorbed wavelength. The diver uses the white light of a diving light to reveal the red colour of the surroundings.

The dive demonstrations take place everyday (except on Mondays) from April 7 to April 30, at 11.45am and 4.30pm.
Thanks in advance. ^_^
[post="1289975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back