Some Hero's Journey concept art and game models

I'd have to agree with you on many aspects of this. Quests in current MMORPGs have static quests... mainly because it's easy. To roleplay, well... that's almost unheard of. I, personally, am against epic quests involving killing bosses, unless it's in a 1 player console RPG.

EQ2 is pretty good about this, I haven't been playing it too long (see my post "SOE: Sorry Vanguard is terrible, here, try this!") but I've heard from quite a few folks that there's enough solo content not involving epic boss-ness to get to max level. So there's enough quest activity to keep you occupied and interested, without forcing you to group and to fight a named mob that spawns oh... once every 5 hours of something.

Personally I think quests requiring you to destroy a boss should be eliminated to establish good RP environments. That's not to say we should get rid of bosses alltogether, but maybe have a random "RP Boss name generator" and dynamically placed bosses randomly about. Kind of like "dynabosses in AO" but not so much, because they're never in the same places. So if you happen to find one, go round up the troops and take him out, or... avoid him alltogether.

I'm sure better thought can be put to perfect this concept, but as it is in WoW is completely unacceptable. It's like playing "Resident Evil: Nemesis" with some of these guys... "what?? I just killed you! Stop chasing me!"

Needless to say this makes those "epic" battle quests feel... well, not so epic at all. Just more mindless raids with no other point than good equipments. I mean good god, one of my supervisors has done some instance almost 30 times total with his guild, trying to get everybody geared up. How many times are you gonna run though the same mobs, and fight the same boss, with the same tactic, until you throw your monitor through the wall?

Meh.

I really like the art I have seen for this game so far. What I like even better is that the screen shots look a lot like the concept art.

One of the reasons I'll never stop looking forward to this game is the artwork... for some odd reason it just... speaks to me. If that makes sense.

This is a thing i also like, art is VERY different than what i have seen so far from other MMO's. So sick and tired of the same creatures with a different coat of paint, different name but a bit more powerful.

Rat Runt,
Rat Warrior
Rat Legionaire.

Another zone the rat is named something else but STILL look like a rat...

Feel free to replace rat witk Kobold, furlborg or whatever...

Kudos to HJ's artist!

One of the reasons I'll never stop looking forward to this game is the artwork... for some odd reason it just... speaks to me. If that makes sense.

I agree about the artwork. It's one of the major reasons why I look forward to playing. Being able to see these environments, mobs, and npcs will be that much cooler in real time.

This is a thing i also like, art is VERY different than what i have seen so far from other MMO's. So sick and tired of the same creatures with a different coat of paint, different name but a bit more powerful.

Rat Runt,
Rat Warrior
Rat Legionaire.

Another zone the rat is name something else but STILL look like a rat...

Feel free to replace rat witk Kobold, furlborg or whatever...

Kudos to HJ's artist!
You know, being a Suikoden fan, I still find it weird that most games don't have Kobolds as doggy-people...

But yes, wonderful art! The huge turtles, the indori(would that be the correct plural?), and lastly but the bestly, the bishon..