Season 5 Some thoeries about the Horizon

My brother-in-law came up with a theory for what the Horizon actually is: The Horizon is a cure for Nadia[/b]. What do you think?
Thinking of the Horizon this way bring sense to everything that's happening. It explains why Irina is pursuing it, why she is willing to put Sydney through what she did. Irina never does anything to Sydney where she is not protecting her or doing something good for her in the end.
However, two things that still do not make sense to me:
1. Why did they have Vaughn killed?
2. Perhaps the biggest question I hope they answer - how does Irina killing Bill Vaughn tie in with all of this?
I'm still not convinced that she necessarily DID kill him - it still does not make any sense to me why she would. And now that we know Irina is somehow involved with Prophet Five, what does this mean? Vaughn once said that his father could only be idenitified by his dental records. What if, it was not actually Bill Vaughn's body they recovered? What if Irina helped him disappear (after all, he was protecting Nadia, so why would Irina kill him for that?), and then took the blame for his death. She has never admitted to killing him and never denied it either. If she were deny it, it would make people think he was alive and then he would be in the same danger as Vaughn's fate. A few times she "played" with words with Vaughn, i.e. "How do you thank the women who killed you father?" but I think that's irina's way of playing (in a sick kind of way).
Anyway, any thoughts on these things?

oooh intersting theories about the horizon being a cure for Nadia!!! kind of well named if it is!! PLUS Irina said she was wroking AGAINST her sister so it makes sense she would be working on a cure for the red ball zombie thingie.

however - i agree it doesn't really tie in with vaughn.

although - i like the thoughts about it tying in with vaughn's father since he was meant to be nadias protector. BUT now i am confused - was vaughn's father really nadias protector or was this all part of the whole made up story to get vaughn to go after nightingale. My head is so messed up right now with questions about Irina I can barely remember the last 4 seasons!!! :lol:

oooh intersting theories about the horizon being a cure for Nadia!!! kind of well named if it is!! PLUS Irina said she was wroking AGAINST her sister so it makes sense she would be working on a cure for the red ball zombie thingie.

however - i agree it doesn't really tie in with vaughn.

although - i like the thoughts about it tying in with vaughn's father since he was meant to be nadias protector. BUT now i am confused - was vaughn's father really nadias protector or was this all part of the whole made up story to get vaughn to go after nightingale. My head is so messed up right now with questions about Irina I can barely remember the last 4 seasons!!! :lol:
hee hee... my head is all messed up and crazy too. The JOYS of being JJ & Alias fans, huh? (I do it with Lost too!) I just hope they really do explain all of these questions we have! We have hope since the end is near.

My theory is that Irina is doing it for Syd's benefit. All Syd has ever wanted since the beginning has been to get out of intelligence. Maybe Irina is trying to find that way out. Maybe she wants to get Syd out before her baby is born, for fear that another generation of the Bristow's will fall in to that line of work. She wants better for Syd.

I don't believe Vaughn is dead... not if Irina is involved with the organisation that did it. Maybe she's protecting him. Maybe she even faked it for the benefit of the others in Prophet 5.

As for the Horizon, I like the idea that it's a cure for Nadia, and maybe that's part of it. Irina could be masking her true intent to save Sydney with saving Nadia.... while trying to do both.

I can't believe that Irena is only in it to get Sydney out of the CIA. There has to be more to it. The finale of last season showed us that Irena is still into Rambaldia and I can't help but to believe that Rambaldi part of Prophet 5 (or the other way around).

If could be that Syd's baby is the Choosen One.

This theory is impossible. Irina has been looking for the Horizon for 30 years, which she specifically mentions, about as long as her sister Elena helmed the Covenant.

But we did they have to get that information from Sydney? Couldn't they just ask Sloane? he was the head of SD-6 and part of the Alliance..

I'm sorry, but I really don't believe this theroy. It sounds great, but when you think about it, the Horizon can't be a cure for Nadia.

Consider this:

Why would the Prophet Five guy promise Sloane to give him a cure for Nadia if that was their endgame objective. And, if the Horizon was the cure, they already have it! remember how they woke Nadia up for a while to convince Sloane?

And another thing: Who ever said Irina is the head of Prophet Five? The Man, if you will :smiley:
She said she would "let her associates know" about Syd's info they got from her. If she is boss, she wouldn't call them associates would she? (I wouldn't, and I most certainly wouldn't rush to tell some of my employees that I got info from my daughter, they can wait.)

I believe that what Irina is doing is protecting Syd, but I don't think you guessed the end game, guys. But who does in Alias, anyway? It's impossible to tell what happens...

Well if irina was head/part of prophet 5 it would explain how she found out about vaughn cos in Before The Flood she told him she knew about him. But then why would she try and get him to tell sydney the truth if she thought he weas going to be killed, and why would she say she would be there for the wedding if she suspected he wouldn't live to get married? :blink:

I think that maybe the horizon has something to do with either rambaldi, or the alliance because 'X-23 Norte' was on the SD-6 map.

It must have something to do with Rambaldi, since that is the only thing Irina is really in to. And Gordon Dean told Syd that they have plans for her too. They probarbly got plans for 'The Chosen One' -> Sydney.

The theory about Nadia's cure is interesting, but wouldn't it be even wilder if Horizon is a person (who is the last Rambaldi descendant) AND Tom's ex-wife (we find out he was married the same episode there is a big deal about Horizon). I not really serious about this theory but it's just my brain trying to connect everyone on Alias to each other and pulling in Rambaldi somehow.

The theory about Nadia's cure is interesting, but wouldn't it be even wilder if Horizon is a person (who is the last Rambaldi descendant) AND Tom's ex-wife (we find out he was married the same episode there is a big deal about Horizon). I not really serious about this theory but it's just my brain trying to connect everyone on Alias to each other and pulling in Rambaldi somehow.

Interesting theory that The Horizon is a person. Who knows, maybe The Horizon is Milo Rambaldi himself. In the 1st season, that clock maker/fixer lived like 500 years and was one of Rambaldi's associates. And Prophet 5 is a group of 5 people that realize Rambaldi is still alive, 30 years ago. And they have searching for the location of Rambaldi for all these years. Irina's endgame is to kill Rambaldi to protect Sydney. And the endgame of the rest of Prophet 5 is to utilize Rambaldi's prophecy vision into the future - e.g.: new technologies, future global conflicts, and new discoveries for the sake of making $$$ (or extending their own lifes).

Interesting theory that The Horizon is a person. Who knows, maybe The Horizon is Milo Rambaldi himself. In the 1st season, that clock maker/fixer lived like 500 years and was one of Rambaldi's associates. And Prophet 5 is a group of 5 people that realize Rambaldi is still alive, 30 years ago. And they have searching for the location of Rambaldi for all these years. Irina's endgame is to kill Rambaldi to protect Sydney. And the endgame of the rest of Prophet 5 is to utilize Rambaldi's prophecy vision into the future - e.g.: new technologies, future global conflicts, and new discoveries for the sake of making $$$ (or extending their own lifes).
Well I think that the horizon is actually Sidney's baby, Milo Rambaldi. It makes sense considering the fact that the episode "Full Disclosure" on season 3 had been about Milo Rambaldi coming back to life in the womb of "the chosen one"...

Back