Someday We'll Know

Ooo I beat the PM! :D

I really wonder what Irina is up to with Noah ... and I love the little convo Sark and Noah had going on ... comparing notes a little bit about Syd :lol:

It's so sad Will can't be changed back ... I hope nothing happens on this mission with him and Syd!

Keep it up, I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next!

:cool: Nice! Sorry if i sounded a bit harsh in my last review. I now see that telling him now would be very...er... inappropriate? Anyways, great chappie! lol- Will and the air con! Irina Irina Irina! :rolleyes: Her and her profits! ;)
Hope ya update soon!!! :blush:

Loved Sark and Noahs conversation and Irina baiting Vaughn..lol..I wonder what she's up to.Can't wait for more.

~Rach~

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Will stepped out of the car and slammed the door shut. “So, what exactly is the plan?”

Sark looked at Sydney. “I thought we might just run in there guns blazing until we hit something of importance, and hopefully you won’t pull a personality shift on us in the meantime. Because I really don‘t look forward to killing you as much as I once did.”

“And what did you have in mind, Syd?” Will asked, paying no real mind to Sark.

“Same thing,” she said with a sly smile. “Only maybe a little more tactful. And without the killing of you.” She popped open the trunk.

Will peered inside. “Nice.” There was just about every weapon you could buy illegally on your average street stored in the trunk. He took stock of all the options for a few seconds and then selected a rather impressive looking handgun.

“That’s boring,” Sark muttered to himself. He grabbed a handgun similar to Will’s and shoved it into his waistband next to his own personal gun. Smirking, he lifted up a crossbow. “Now this is inventive.”

“And mine,” Sydney said, wrestling it out of his hands. “You know I wanted the crossbow.”

Will rolled his eyes, picking up a couple more guns and a handful of ammunition rounds. “Are we going to have any back up on this crazy mission?”

“In a way,” Sark said as he grabbed a baseball bat out of the trunk.

“That’s civilized. You mock me for picking a gun, but your bat selection is fully appropriate.”

“You haven’t seen me with a bat. It’s not pretty.”

Sydney shoved some gun clips into her pocket. “Stop it, you two. If I didn’t know better, I would think that neither one of you had been brainwashed with the way you’re acting. To properly answer your question, Will, yes, we do have back up but not here in Death Valley. Dixon has scrounged for information and managed to come up with enough to make raids on the Covenant’s facilities in Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and Edinburgh. Those are where we suspect the major players in the organization are based.”

“So, we’re in charge of taking down Weiss and Conway with no outside help?” Will asked.

“Yes.”

He knocked the safety off of the gun in his hand. “Sounds like fun.”

Sydney was thrown off a little by his comment but realized she would have to start getting used to it. The Will Tippin that was going to come out of this whole situation would be a little harsher and more blunt than before, and that was putting it lightly. It was a fact she had to accept.

Slamming the trunk lid down, she walked around to the front of the car. “Are we ready, boys?”

The trio walked down the sidewalk and around to the front of the rather ominous looking building they had parked behind. With one quick nod of acknowledgement to each other, they calmly climbed the stairs, and Sark held the main door open for them. It was safe to say that no one gave them a second glance, which was the Covenant’s first mistake.

Without hesitation, Will opened fire on the people at the security desk. Sydney found herself wondering whether he would have done the same if she hadn’t told him that every person in the building would be some type of Covenant operative. Still, in the back of her head, she found herself wondering what if she was wrong about just one of these people. What if the Covenant’s situation was more like SD-6 than anyone guessed? What if these people were innocent?

“Snap out of it, Sydney!” she heard Sark scream. She turned in time to see him club the man who had been firing bullets at her in the knees. The man went down, and Sark dealt him a decisive blow to the head. A few years ago, this action would have horrified her. Now, it just seemed normal.

Sending him a look of thanks, she pulled the crossbow up and shot at a few of the men on the balconies above who were joining the fray. When she was out of arrows, she threw it hard at a woman who was aiming her gun towards Sark. She saw Will duck down behind a pillar, and she threw herself so she was positioned next to him.

“We need to get out of this foyer,” he screamed over the sounds of bullets and screams. He periodically fired a few shots out from behind the pillar.

Sydney peaked out from behind the pillar. The first thing she noticed was that her boyfriend was having a little too much with his baseball bat. “That could probably be attributed to his lack of a father figure when he was smaller,” she thought. The second thing she noticed was that there was a definite door that all the Covenant operatives were protecting.

There was a small explosion, and Will instinctively covered Sydney’s head with his body.

After a moment, she shrugged out of his hold. “We need to go there,” she said, pointing at said door. “That’s the way to get inside.”

Will nodded and began to take out the men surrounding the door one by one. Sydney left her position of protection behind the pillar and made her way over to Sark, dodging bullets. Grabbing his hand, she pulled out her gun and dragged him towards the now exposed door. He dropped the bat and pulled out one of his guns, helping take out people along the way.

After they had vaulted through the door, they waited in a surprisingly quiet hallway until Will joined them a few moments later.

“So was that fun?” Sydney asked, mocking him.

Will wiped the blood off of his face where someone had cut him with a knife. He looked over at her. “Hell yeah.”

“He’s turning into me,” Sark said as he stood up and brushed off his clothes. “We need to get moving before Weiss and Conway realize we’re here and pin down our exact position.”

“This mission is all about the element of surprise,” Sydney said, taking Sark’s hand as he helped her up. She unconsciously put her hand on her stomach just to reassure herself that there was no injury there. Sark gave her a funny look, which she ignored. Now was not the time to tell him he was going to be a father.

The trio ran down the hall as quickly as they could. Each was thinking about something completely different than the others.

Sydney was wondering if the other raids were even happening. Dixon might just have told her that to give her some confidence. Taking down a major cell of the world’s leading evil organization wasn’t easy to do when you had just two other people. What if by taking down Weiss and Conway, for some reason, she actually made the Covenant stronger?

Sark was thinking about the next couple days. He had decided that Sydney was indeed the love of his life, like she had been insisting since she stole him away in Tokyo. During his whole life, she was the only woman who could keep him on his toes. And now it seemed she could also be distinguished as the woman who could terrify him. He had never been terrified before, on all the missions, in all the gunfights. So why was he terrified of giving her a silly little ring?

Will was considering how that firefight had made him feel. During his days infiltrating the Covenant, he had dreaded ever being forced to use his gun. Now, it was about the only thing that made him happy. The feel of the bullet leaving the shaft of the gun made his pulse quicken. The Covenant had turned him into a man who delighted in killing. And he wasn’t bothered by that like he should have been. No. He was pleased.

“Why are you limping?” Sydney asked pointing to Sark. He was walking with a noticeable shuffle.

“It’s nothing,” Sark said without stopping.

Sydney grabbed him and pushed him up against a wall. “It’s not nothing. Tell him it’s not nothing, Will.”

“Um... it’s not nothing?” Will said half-heartedly.

She rolled her eyes while leaning down and touching his pant leg. Her hand recoiled instantly as she felt something damp. She looked down to see her hand covered in blood. “What happened?”

“My leg might have caught a little bit of the blast when Will shot that generator in the lobby.”

“When did I shoot a generator?” Will asked, taking a seat on the ground for a moment since it didn’t seem like they were moving anytime soon.

“You and Sydney were hiding behind the pillar.”

“We weren’t hiding. We were using the pillar as cover,” she corrected.

“Right,” Sark said, clearly not believing them. “One of Will’s shots went a little wide of target I think and hit a electric generator. The explosion sent metal flying everywhere.”

Sydney took a deep breath and, ignoring her boyfriend’s noticeable wince, she rolled up the pant leg. Indeed, there was a piece of metal lodged into his leg. “We need to get you out of here so you can get this treated.”

“I’m not leaving you.” Sark pulled his leg out of her reach and rolled the pant leg back down. “So we’re not even going to waste time discussing it. I learned my lesson the first time. You and I shouldn’t leave each other alone anywhere. Good things never come of it.”

Sark began to walk down the hallway. After a few moments, Sydney and Will followed. They returned to their own private thoughts.

However, all three snapped out of their thoughts rather quickly as a voice echoed down the hall. “We know you’re here, Sydney.”

It was Weiss talking over the speaker system.

“Stephanie and I have been waiting for you since your little second in command paid us a visit in Tokyo. Did you really think that you could infiltrate us without our knowing? I mean, come on!” The hallways erupted with Weiss’s laughter. “Do I have to remind you that we have a spy in your midst? We’ve known you were coming since you decided it.”

Sydney looked at Will in confusion. He just shrugged, not knowing what to say or how to explain.

“I’m not even going to ask you to surrender, Syd. I think we’re past that. I just want you to get the hell out. You live your life, and I’ll live mine. We don’t ever have to interact again. Stay away from the CIA, and I’ll stay out of your perfect little life drowning in normality.”

The system clicked off as Weiss finished speaking.

“What the hell was that about?” Sark asked, looking back at Will. Will, in turn, looked back at Sydney. She was standing there looking up at the ceiling with an almost giddy smile on her face. Sark narrowed his eyes at her. “What are you thinking?”

“I’m thinking that Weiss just made a huge mistake. He banked on the fact that I couldn’t figure out who the traitor was. Since I figured it out, Will has been in seclusion. He hasn’t had time to contact the Covenant.” She turned to Will. “Right?”

“No contacting from me,” he affirmed.

“So, Weiss doesn’t know that Will’s on my side. He doesn‘t even know that Will‘s with us right now.”

“I hate to play devil’s advocate here.” Sark paused at a glare sent his way by Sydney. “Okay, I love to play devil’s advocate. How do we know that Tippin’s not going to snap during crunch time and help out the Covenant?”

Sydney looked at her old friend intently. “Because I trust him. And that’s enough.”

“So, what now?” Will asked as they continued to walk down the empty hallway.

“Now we get sneaky.” She grinned.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Stephanie was frantically flipping through the security channels they had throughout the building. “I can’t find them, Eric,” she insisted, swirling in her chair from one monitor to the next.

Weiss walked over and placed his hands on her shoulders. “First, calm down. Second, they have to be somewhere in the building. Sydney Bristow does not give up when she’s on a mission until that mission is complete. I offered her the chance to go home with her life, but I know she’s not going to take it.”

“Oh, she didn’t,” said a voice from the doorway.

“Mr. Tippin,” Weiss said with a smile. “Glad you could finally join us.”

“And I brought some party guests,” Will said with a wicked smile. He had a gun pointed at a rather battered looking Sydney and Sark. “They fell for your plan, Eric. You were right. They figured out that it was me doing all the backstabbing and actual stabbing.”

“I told you they would,” Stephanie pointed out. “You weren’t very subtle.”

“I wasn’t told I had to be subtle. I was just told I had to get the job done. And I did.” Will pushed Sark into the room first. Weiss was happy to see Sark wincing in pain. Since he had no sense of balance due to his hands being handcuffed behind his back, Sark landed face down on the carpet in front of Weiss’s boots. “When they found me out, my loyal friend here wouldn’t let the CIA mistreat me.” Will poked Sydney hard in the ribs with the barrel of his gun. “So, they kept me locked up in a cell. Hence the no contact thing.”

“We were wondering,” Weiss said. “It was very unlike you not to check in.”

“I let them believe that I was poor Will Tippin, distraught over what the big bad Covenant had done to my head and over what I seemingly had done to my sister. They couldn’t believe that I actually chose to become what I am.”

Sydney looked back at her friend with tears in her eyes. “You can’t actually believe that this is what you wanted, Will. I trusted you.”

“I know. Isn’t that sad? A person like you should know by now that you can’t trust anyone.” Will poked her in the ribs again and made her sit down in one of the chairs in front of the Stephanie’s desk. He turned his attention back to Weiss. “I let them think I was willing to help them take down the Covenant and you two specifically. They practically handed me the keys to the building. Which is why I was in the position to betray them. And here we all are.”

Weiss walked over to Will and whispered in his ear, “There’s only one small problem to your plan, Will.”

Will gave him a confused look. Weiss pointed over at his girlfriend who was now aiming a gun in Will's direction. “You didn’t take you own advice. Trust no one.”

Stephanie fired the gun.

I promise this is the last evil cliffhanger for this story!!! Honestly!

:eek: :jawdrop: NO!!!!! YA CANT JUST LEAVE US IN ANTICIPATION!!! UPDATE SOON PLZ!!! I am dying to know who got shot and i doubt it was Will even though the gun was pointed in his direction (or maybe im just not making a whole lotta sense):mellow: And also I must congradulate you, you are the best evil cliffhanger author of all time. (take it as a compliment, i meant it as one) :blush: PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!! :(

WOW that was great ... hope they are wearing cavlar vests ... yeah no more clifhangers after this ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

:D

There was just about every weapon you could buy illegally on your average street stored in the trunk.
That always makes things so much more handier for Syd, her living in spy world and all. :lol:

“And mine,” Sydney said, wrestling it out of his hands. “You know I wanted the crossbow.”
LMAO - they are fighting over weapons! That is just too funny for words!

She unconsciously put her hand on her stomach just to reassure herself that there was no injury there. Sark gave her a funny look, which she ignored.
Dun dun dun .... She's right, not a good time to tell him but still, damn Syd! Tell him soon! :lol: ;)

Ooo - I know I have said it in the past but Conway is one evil b****. Syd needs to kill her. Like now. :lol: I am beginning to think there is no saving Will. And I must say, you are the queen of evil cliffhangers! :P Can't wait for your next update ^_^

OMG..Damn evil cliffhangers damn damn..I really hope someone kills Conway.

I love how Syd and Sark were fighting over who got to use the crossbow..LOL so cute..

~Rach~

nooooo... not a cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!! if you dont update soon i'll, i'll :Ph34r: :Ph34r: :Ph34r: :Ph34r: ok you get the point. thanks for the pm.

Finally got a chance to catch up. Great stuff, I must say.

But that cliffhanger has got to be resolved. soon. ;) :P

And Sydney needs to tell Sark she's pregnant...eventually...Now is clearly not the time, but I can imagine that he might get a little pissed that she's running around like this while pregnant.

Great updates, thanks for the PMs :flowers:

Back