Something "Special"

See, Americans would never let something like this happen.

They'd do things the American way: they'd shoot it with a scoped, laser-sighted, high-powered automatic rifle; take pictures of the corpse after the "hunt" to show to their friends; let the meat rot instead of eat it; and finish it all off with a trip to the taxidermist to immortalise the viscious monster by stapling the skin to a wire frame resembling a completely unnatural pose of extreme hostility and possible constipation.

Then the story would air for two minutes on CNN before the latest update on political name-calling or celebrity scandal.

That said, I hope they have many happy years together as Physical Avatar of Deity and Wife.

*grins*

~Dune~

Ah India, will you never cease to amaze...

I suppose it's not really stranger than any other place in the world, but there do seem to be a disproportionate number of odd stories that come from there.

Wow, that's odd. I guess love really is blind.
So um, does this mean it's ok for both girls to try and have sexual relations with there new grooms? I'm sure the other girl could trick the dog into doing her, but the snake wife might have a bit of trouble.

Ah India, will you never cease to amaze...

I suppose it's not really stranger than any other place in the world, but there do seem to be a disproportionate number of odd stories that come from there.

Well there are a lot of people there... but still this is kind of weird... well as long as they aren't hurting anyone I suppose it's "ok"? :-/

Justin, how exactly might it be wrong? Marriage exists in multiple forms and definitions, so what is wrong to one people and in one tradition could be perfectly acceptable in another.

~Dune~

Justin, how exactly might it be wrong? Marriage exists in multiple forms and definitions, so what is wrong to one people and in one tradition could be perfectly acceptable in another.

~Dune~

Dune, I have to say this is a case of inserting philosophical discourse where it isn't wanted/needed. Technically, the snake didn't have a say in the matter, and if it was a person we would consider such non-consentual marriage "wrong," so -yes- it could be seen as wrong. I don't care about the 10,000 other reasons that could be given, I'm just giving you one in response to your question.

You could legally define me as a Chocolate Covered Pinball Machine, but if my rights and conditions of life remained entirely unchanged, and I could go on living my life with no difference, what would I care? Consent doesn't really matter if the marriage doesn't affect the snake. And it doesn't. The snake has no conception of the marraige, and won't have anything change in it's life because of it.

But I see your other point, somewhat. I'm not trying to be hostile. I'm just desperate for something to discuss on these boards I guess. Goodness knows we need whatever we can get.

~Dune~

Well, whether or not it's a "marriage" it seems like a special sort of relationship.

You know, they haven't killed each other, she offers the snake milk, the snake offers her peace of mind. Both benefit, simply.

There don't seem to be any attempts at sexual communion, which would be difficult and might be construed as harassment (as snakes generally aren't interested in pleasuring human women). She didn't force the snake out of its home to come to the ceremony.

I can't pass judgment on the emotional/spiritual union, except that I hope Bimbala Das is happier and healthier than she was, and I hope the cobra likes the milk XD

There's another story about a woman marrying a dolphin named Cindy(the dolphin, not the woman). Now, I wouldn't have a huge problem with this except that she accepts that it's not a real marriage and doesn't love the dolphin romantically. The thing that gets me then is...Why in the world? It seemed like a publicity stunt then since that's called FRIENDSHIP, not needing holy matrimony.

I guess it would be worse if she did like the dolphin romantically, but it still bugs me.

Well, maybe she did it for tax reasons. *grins* Marraige is ultimately a legal event, it's just religions like to be involved in it.

Still, sounds like a stunt to me. But same goes for those people who got married at like the age of five and whatnot.

~Dune~

hmm person can marry a snake but you cant marry your brother or sister? :P Not saying i would want to marry my brother or sister lol. This is just odd.

Marraige to a sibling isn't harmful, reproduction with a sibling is, due to inbreeding. Marraige is just a societal and legal union, so sex isn't necessarilly involved.

*winks*

~Dune~

Yeesh, Dune, you really are bored aren't you? I wish I had a good topic to bring up so you'd have something decent to debate. Sadly, nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Yeesh, Dune, you really are bored aren't you? I wish I had a good topic to bring up so you'd have something decent to debate. Sadly, nothing comes to mind at the moment.
HAH, this is truely the reason why Simutronics needs to get out some news so we have something to talk about then sex with brothers and snakes :P

If it helps any to change the subject, Nintendo announced another delay for Brawl to release on March 9 instead of Feb 10. AND Sheik is back! *does a happy dance*

Back