Something worth watching

Just saw the JFK Documentary that was linked earlier. HILARIOUS! That's Entertainment! :D
Havn't had such a good laugh since that South Park episode with the whale on the moon. :smiley:

As for the 9/11 Docu, it was quite good. Too tired to write my views about it and the US administration(s), maybe later.

Originally posted by Aries@May 6 2006, 01:38 AM
You are referring to the hybrid car. I, my friend, am referring to the ELECTRIC CAR.
Either way, in my opinion, it's way too little, waaay too late.
Humankind has sent the environment of this planet spiraling way out of control and I honestly believe there's little to nothing we can do to stop it.
Look at the water temperature maps of the ocean areas off the coast of the south of USA (around New Orleans etc).
The water is red these days (ie hot on a temperature map) and the tornadoes etc are just going to get worse and more frequent.
Look at the ice caps melting in Greenland and north etc, and the plant life that's been entombed for centuries.. millennia.. now being thawed and slowly emitting almighty amounts of CO2 into the environment, more than we could ever do ourselves, all due to the global warming phenomena.

There are just too many "Look at this problem, look at that problem" issues for there be any way to reverse this downward spiral we've created. In my opinion. Buckle in and prepare to ride the storm...

As for the 9/11 -> illegal war -> hunger for oil debacle...
Well, I have to be honest, from my perspective.
I work in the Intelligence area in Australia, can't say who with, but I can say this.
Overall, with all that has been said and done by the Bush Government, it is much... muuuuuuch better for your country, its internal balance and its economy, if the truth never comes out about what really happened on and leading up to 9/11. And Bush and his cronies will be trying like hell to hope that never happens once they're out of Office (politicians from both sides of the fence don't want to see the truth revealed, the ramifications would affect every one of you).

I didn't say better for the world, although the downfall of the US economy would have severe reactions on all of us (around the world), but sometimes, no matter how abhorrent the truth is, sometimes revealing the truth will not help, any way you look at it.
Sometimes.

What I don't understand is how the people if the USA are not out in force, sacking the current government, as only people power can do.
The Bush Gov has almost single handedly destroyed your future prospects for a prosperous economy, have put you so far in debt with this whole "War on Terror" episode, have used up the reserves that are to pay the 'baby boomer' generation pensions (not sure what you call it in the US) and have no conceivable way to restore it.. So many things that just don't bode well for the future of the US economy and position as a World Player.

But then, it's a lot easier to reflect on things when you're not living in the society I guess. And I probably have a lot more dire an outlook as I have to look at things in a worse case scenario due to my position.
But we always do believe that "it'll be alright. It'll work itself out". But one day it won't. And there is just as much chance of it being tomorrow as it is in the year 2500.

Anyways, all just my opinion and viewpoint. Thought I'd weigh in. Am sure to get someones back up, but that's my job! :Ph34r: :blink:

Agree, Agree, Agree.

Just to take a stab at your last question as to why we (americans) arent doing anything? For the same reason we dont have an in depth investigation into UFO sightings. Those of us who put forward questions and fact based inquiries are allways played down as "conspirasists" and thrown in the same group as michael moore (self aggrandizing prick), just like people like me who give a damn about the environment and factory farming are thrown in the same group as PITA and Greenpeace (well intended groups who go a bit too far and ruin their own public image).

Basicly, its bacause americans want SO BADLY to believe their own propaganda, that they are living in the BEST country in the world and that nothing will be wrong if we just go about our daily business, that they refuse to turn over the obvious stones to see the grubs crawling underneath them.

Back door politics, "wet ops" and disinformation has beent the rule of thumb in the imperial federal government (and yes, a government that overrules its constituent states laws and practices is an imperialistic state, not a republican one, and the USA is supposed to be a republic). The only time people really speak up is when there is a war on, which brings the problem to homes with the loss of family and friends, or when other people in government bring others to light, as in watergate.

Basicly, as long as political intrigue doesnt knock on an individuals door, 90% of the people in the US dont bother with it, and denounce we few who do as radical or conspirisists.

Funny thing is, you'd think it would be easy to kick and ostrich in the ass when its head is in the sand...

Back