Something worth watching

Originally posted by frostydf2+May 3 2006, 05:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frostydf2 @ May 3 2006, 05:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@May 2 2006, 10:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kickinbama
@May 2 2006, 01:24 PM
the fact is... i don't want to waste my time watching a video about 9/11 that just wants to point fingers.  i think what ive gathered after september 11, is that we were attacked.  that was the eye opener to me.   i think we have been fortunate to not have an attack on the contiguous 48 for like 200 years.  but to want to point fingers on who was really at fault, is just a BIG FAT WASTE OF TIME.  just like a 1:21:50 video trying to recap/spin a lot of stuff ive seen in the recapped/spun news.

and oswald did shoot jfk.  but was he alone????????

So we were attacked, and we turned around and did the exact same thing to Iraq.

What did they do to us?
Their weren't WMD's, and we were lied to. However, Saddam did commit acts of genocide. Is it right for that to go on? No....

However, lets say the entire Iraqi war was about oil. Ok, what's the big deal? "So all of the big corporations can do their corporation thing, and get lotsa money." Sorry buddy, but this economy is FUELD by oil. I'd fight for it.

If you're going to complain about the war in Iraq. Then you better be able to shut your mouth about rising gas prices. It is supply, and demand. Granted I dislike it, but a barrel of oil is $72~. If you're ok with spending $5, $6, maybe even $8-$9 at the gas pump for a gallon, then go ahead and rant all you want about how we're in Iraq for oil, and how we're going to drill in Alaska. Why you're at it, say that Iran has nuclear capabilities, and us disabling them is an excuse to go in, and take their oil. Because you're right, it is. [/b][/quote]
You do know that the government has known for years that we needed to find an alternate fuel source.

And that BMW currently has a prototype car that runs on hydrogen, which comes from water, and the only emissions are water. (Besides the fact that global dimming and global warming will cause all the glaciers and ice caps to melt, using all the water we can is probably a good idea)

Bush is "looking" for new fuel sources, but he isn't really doing anything at all.

If you do a google search for saddam genocide, the links that come up are saying that it's hard to prove. That's not why we went there however. We went there under FALSE pretenses, pretending that we were there to "get the terrorists" who had not been there (however they are now, good job guys!), we sacrificed lives of our soldiers and their people for oil?! Please tell me you do not think that is a sane thing to do. So we can run our little cars in our excessively fat country. What people really need, is to walk that few miles to work, and if they live farther away, use public transportation, or maybe people could get hybrid cars. You know, America is the fattest country in the world, and Texas is the fattest state? No wonder Bush thinks we "need" oil so bad.

By the way, did anyone see Stephen Colbert at the White House Correspondents Dinner? I watched a copy of it last night, and it was hilarious. I can't believe he said those things to the president's FACE. Bush was red faced and I bet he was quite angry afterward. News article

I am going to go on a rant now about global dimming. I doubt most of you have heard of it, but everyone knows what global warming is right?
So global dimming is actually blocking out the sun from hitting the earth, around 10-15% in the US and other countries around the world, and as much as 30% in Russia.
That would mean global warming is fake right? No way! Global warming is actually currently being held back by global dimming.
Global warming is caused by greenhouse gasses, they warm the earth by making the suns rays more intense. Global dimming is caused by pollution. That is, little particles of soot and dust caught in the clouds, keeping them from becoming raindrops and clearing the sky.
We are currently cutting down on pollution, but not on greenhouse gasses. What this means, is that in ten years or so, when all there are all kinds of pollution regulations, that the Earth's temperature will raise by as much as 18 degrees! That is absolutely insane. It could be slowed if we stopped producing greenhouse gasses, but that is currently not happening.

I wouldn't expect to see snow when you're 80. If we even live to that. (I'm not quite sure if we'll still go into an iceage, or perhaps even a snowball effect.. The snowball would completely wipe out life I think though.)

OK frosty, since reason doesn't seem to be in your vocabulary, let me hit you with a little bit of knowledge:

- 2310 barrels of petroleum and 1700 barrels of oil daily come to America from Canada, compared to the 500 barrels of petroleum and 500 barrels of oil from Iraq
- The 100 percent electric car has been around for 100 years, Henry Ford invented it for his wife
- Prices for all grades of gasoline are 21.8 percent higher than they were last September, and August home heating oil prices were 63.3 percent higher than a year ago
- America has spent $277, 900, 000, 000+ on the war in Iraq (just imagine what else that money could have been spent on)
- There have been 17, 000+ American soldiers wounded and 2,407 have lost their lives in Iraq

What WOULD we do without the war in Iraq. <_<

Originally posted by Aries@May 3 2006, 04:14 PM
OK frosty, since reason doesn't seem to be in your vocabulary, let me hit you with a little bit of knowledge:

- 2310 barrels of petroleum and 1700 barrels of oil daily come to America from Canada, compared to the 500 barrels of petroleum and 500 barrels of oil from Iraq
- The 100 percent electric car has been around for 100 years, Henry Ford invented it for his wife
- Prices for all grades of gasoline are 21.8 percent higher than they were last September, and August home heating oil prices were 63.3 percent higher than a year ago
- America has spent $277, 900, 000, 000+ on the war in Iraq (just imagine what else that money could have been spent on)
- There have been 17, 000+ American soldiers wounded and 2,407 have lost their lives in Iraq

I'm sure it's more then 2310 barrels of petroleum, and 1700 a day from Canada. The way Americans go through gasoline is insane, however it's our way of living. We don't have public transportation like other countries do. Would you give up your car?

Of course the electric car has been around. Their have been prototypes for years that would actually work, but would it fit the average consumer?

I don't get what your point is about gasoline going up, at all.

You act as if those trillions of dollars have all gone to waste. Of course it's a lot of money, and it is. Should we have spent that much? No. However you need to look at advances made as well. Iraq is in a better state then it was, or will be. Those trillions of dollars have helped millions of families be fed, and taken care of. The stock market has shot up since the war in Iraq. As all wars do, they improve the economy. It's a re-investment.

Their are always casualties in war.

...Halabja. In mid-March of 1988, Saddam Hussein and his cousin Ali
Hassan alMajid -- the infamous "Chemical Ali" -- ordered the dropping
of chemical weapons on the town of Halabja in northeastern Iraq. This
killed an estimated 5,000 civilians, and is a war crime and a crime
against humanity.....

...Human Rights Watch estimated that between 50,000
and 100,000 Kurds were killed. Based on their review of captured Iraqi
documents, interviews with hundreds of eyewitnesses, and on-site
forensic investigations, they concluded that the Anfal campaign was
genocide. I challenge anyone to read the evidence cited in Iraq's
Crime of Genocide and come to any different conclusion...

The Case for Justice in Iraq
By David J. Scheffer
Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues
Want more facts?

I don't see the WE in Canada either.

Originally posted by frostydf2+May 3 2006, 07:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frostydf2 @ May 3 2006, 07:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Aries@May 3 2006, 04:14 PM

I'm sure it's more then 2310 barrels of petroleum, and 1700 a day from Canada. The way Americans go through gasoline is insane, however it's our way of living. We don't have public transportation like other countries do. Would you give up your car?

Of course the electric car has been around. Their have been prototypes for years that would actually work, but would it fit the average consumer?

I don't get what your point is about gasoline going up, at all.

You act as if those trillions of dollars have all gone to waste. Of course it's a lot of money, and it is. Should we have spent that much? No. However you need to look at advances made as well. Iraq is in a better state then it was, or will be. Those trillions of dollars have helped millions of families be fed, and taken care of. The stock market has shot up since the war in Iraq. As all wars do, they improve the economy. It's a re-investment.

Their are always casualties in war.

against humanity.....

By David J. Scheffer
Want more facts?

I don't see the WE in Canada either. [/b][/quote]
Two things.

I never said I disbelieved Saddam did the genocide, I just said the first links on google were from people doubting it.

Other thing.

I have never had my license or driven a car. I have found other ways of getting around. My friend and I, sometimes we go for walks at night for over 6 hours. (like to the skatepark and then the graveyard, however she's pregnant now so the walks are being cut to about half that). For a long time, we were walking for over six hours every single night. I have absolutely no need for gasoline, or a vehicle. If I do ever get a car, I'll probably get one fueled on something more environment friendly.

Oh, one last thing, so I lied.

Those trillions of dollars put us trillions of dollars in DEBT. China bought our debt, so basically China owns us. (I think Japan bought some of it too). Those trillions of dollars took money out of the US pocket that were not there. We are not the richest country anymore. Debt Clock I <3 wiki

"Fighting the war on terror is like fighting the war on dandruff" - Some old man said this on a show about some other war (I forget which, perhaps WW2? It's compared to that the most..), and it was briefly compared to our little.. fling with Iraq. It stuck with me, mostly because it's true.

Those trillions of dollars put us trillions of dollars in DEBT. China bought our debt, so basically China owns us. (I think Japan bought some of it too). Those trillions of dollars took money out of the US pocket that were not there. We are not the richest country anymore. Debt Clock I <3 wiki

China bought our debt how? By Wal-Mart, and out-sourcing is the only way I can think of. China is China becuase of the United States. If the United States went under (which it wont) then so would China, and half of the world. Where is the credibility behind either of those statements? Are you willing to double the prices of everything? No.

Here's a fact. From 2002-->Now the DJIA is up OVER 2,000 points. As for the NASDAQ it is up 400+ points. So tell me, is our economy being hurt by the increasing debt? One of the greatest presidents of all time, Reagen, increased the debt a lot more then Bush ever did, or will in terms of percentages.

Also, I don't doubt we don't have debt, but tell me this. Would the United States be better off out of debt? Why don't we look at the depression, then you tell me.

Originally posted by frostydf2@May 3 2006, 08:55 PM

China bought our debt how? By Wal-Mart, and out-sourcing is the only way I can think of. China is China becuase of the United States. If the United States went under (which it wont) then so would China, and half of the world. Where is the credibility behind either of those statements? Are you willing to double the prices of everything? No.

Here's a fact. From 2002-->Now the DJIA is up OVER 2,000 points. As for the NASDAQ it is up 400+ points. So tell me, is our economy being hurt by the increasing debt? One of the greatest presidents of all time, Reagen, increased the debt a lot more then Bush ever did, or will in terms of percentages.

Also, I don't doubt we don't have debt, but tell me this. Would the United States be better off out of debt? Why don't we look at the depression, then you tell me.
A direct quote from that wiki page (If you had looked, it was right on top)

"The United States public debt, commonly called the national debt, gross federal debt or U.S. government debt, is the amount of money owed by the United States federal government to creditors who hold US Debt Instruments. This does not include the money owed by states, corporations, or individuals. As of April 18th, 2006, the total U.S. government debt was $8.4 trillion."

And down the page:

"U.S. Treasury statistics indicate that, at the end of 2004, foreigners held 44% of federal debt held by the public. [6] About 64% of that 44% was held by the central banks of other countries. A large portion was held by the central banks of Japan and China."

Also:

"The U.S. issues government bonds. The bonds are then bought by investors. If the U.S. can't entice investors to buy its bonds it will have to increase the interest rate of the bonds (strictly speaking, the bonds are issued at auction, so the U.S. does not make a conscious decision to raise the interest rates, but this is the effect of unwillingness by large investors to buy bonds at lower rates). On December 13th, the U.S. 30 year treasury note has a rate of 5.375%. In general, the higher bond rate the greater the credit risk of the issuer, in this case the United States."

-edit, want to add a couple things.

2002 was four years ago, a lot can change in four years.

And I am pretty sure we're headed toward a depression if somebody doesn't change something.

If you didn't get the things above, basically we issue bonds to countries like China and Japan, and they give us money for that. Bush is funding the war, and the economy with that. Our economy is not in good shape currently.

Originally posted by frostydf2@May 3 2006, 12:05 AM

Their weren't WMD's, and we were lied to. However, Saddam did commit acts of genocide. Is it right for that to go on? No....

However, lets say the entire Iraqi war was about oil. Ok, what's the big deal? "So all of the big corporations can do their corporation thing, and get lotsa money." Sorry buddy, but this economy is FUELD by oil. I'd fight for it.

Why you're at it, say that Iran has nuclear capabilities, and us disabling them is an excuse to go in, and take their oil. Because you're right, it is.
For the sake of a good debate, I'll throw out a few morsels to chew on.

One could make an argument that, like Saddam, America is now commiting acts of genocide on the Iraqi people.

So you are saying that Iraq has something we want, so it is worth fighting for what they own? How is this not stealing?

Dont you find it odd that as the price of gas rises at the pump, that Oil companies are recording RECORD profits? One could even make a argument that we are not at war for oil but rather to increase the profits of the oil industry. I hope someone argues on this issue. It'll be fun! :P

Iran does NOT have nuclear capabilities. That is a fact. They have only just now started enriching uranium and is still years and years away from having it.

But then again... who are we to determine who can and cannot have nuclear capabilities. We cannot argue that having such capabilities is evil because we ourselves have it. One would need to prove that Iran was going to use such technology on us or our allies. That has NOT been proven.

This is where some will argue that Iran's President says he is going to destroy Israel. To that I will simply ask you to prove it. I should stop here and HOPE that someone quotes a news agency that gives no specific source for their making such accusations. So I will do just that.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@May 3 2006, 10:27 AM
Also, did you know in Venezuela, they pay 18 cents a gallon?
Yeah and their hamburgers are like 10 cents aren't they? It's like going back into the 50's!

Originally posted by frostydf2@May 3 2006, 02:38 PM

against humanity.....

By David J. Scheffer
Want more facts?
The man deemed "Chemical Ali" killed 5,000 innocent civilians according to your fact.

I've got a fact for you.

As many as 10,000 non-combatant civilian deaths during 2003 have been reliably reported so far as a result of the US/UK-led invasion and occupation of Iraq . These reports provide figures which range between a minimum of 8,235 and a maximum of 10,079 as of Saturday 7th February 2004. http://www.iraqbodycount.org/editorial_feb0704.php

Its really just perspective.

Who remembers the movie Full Metal Jacket? For those that do... Who remembers the scene where Joker is first in Vietnam and in a meeting with other journalists? Its all about perspective.

Perspective can be easily changed or altered especially with selective information.

Now for some more quotes. I'll keep the author a secret until after you've read them.

"Either the world will be ruled according to the ideas of our modern democracy, or the world will be dominated according to the natural law of force; in the latter case the people of brute force will be victorious."

"Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise."

The first quote commits the fallacy of false dilema. (S)he pains a picture that either you believe as he believes or 'they' will win. I understand it to be "Either our democracy will rule with our own ideals or 'brute force' will overthrow us." It could apply to today. "Either you help us destroy terrorism or terrorism will destroy us."

The second quote is SOOOOO true. People can be led to believe that war (known by those who are actually there, not on their couch, to be HELL) is actually paradise and is to be desired.

Oh by the way... Those last two quotes came from Adolf Hitler.

Personally, I am not trying to convince anyone of blindly switching their beliefs. I like to play devils advocate and am a huge fan of people thinking on their own, it just so happens that in this instance, I agree with my argument.

hehe another quote this time from Einstien (i posted this in another thread).

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Kickinbama@May 2 2006, 01:24 PM

and oswald did shoot jfk. but was he alone????????
This is what really happened to JFK. He was killed NOT by Oswald, but by a bullet from the front, there is much speculation of where it was from, the grassy knoll, the driver, or some other sharp shooter.

JFK II

There is so much PROOF that Oswald did NOT shoot JFK. Oswald was framed.

Look what has been stirred up.... tee hee :D

Originally posted by JonDDA+May 4 2006, 02:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonDDA @ May 4 2006, 02:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kickinbama@May 2 2006, 01:24 PM

and oswald did shoot jfk. but was he alone????????
This is what really happened to JFK. He was killed NOT by Oswald, but by a bullet from the front, there is much speculation of where it was from, the grassy knoll, the driver, or some other sharp shooter.

JFK II

There is so much PROOF that Oswald did NOT shoot JFK. Oswald was framed.

Look what has been stirred up.... tee hee :D [/b][/quote]
I'll have to disagree with you. You need to really watch some Discovery films instead of some no-name flash movie with no credibility with craploads of propaganda.

I watched a film tottally about the JFK shooting. They questioned everything. From the shooter on the knoll, to the 4 shot theory. They questioned where JFK was shot in relation to the governor (forgot his name) behind him. Everything is linked together, and their is no conspiracy.

You can think differently, but if you throw out some sort of propaganda about JFK I'll be able to justify exactly what went on.

Don't even try the magic bullet either. I already have a comeback for it.

HEY KICKINBAMA..i am 15...how observent of you, is that related to any of this at all...no

that fact that you can call someone ignorant at the age of 15 is laughable to me. don't forget your lunch money. enjoy your square pizza today in the cafeteria. lol

Originally posted by HJ-Zee+May 3 2006, 11:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HJ-Zee @ May 3 2006, 11:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-frostydf2@May 3 2006, 02:38 PM

against humanity.....

By David J. Scheffer
Want more facts?
The man deemed "Chemical Ali" killed 5,000 innocent civilians according to your fact.

I've got a fact for you.

As many as 10,000 non-combatant civilian deaths during 2003 have been reliably reported so far as a result of the US/UK-led invasion and occupation of Iraq . These reports provide figures which range between a minimum of 8,235 and a maximum of 10,079 as of Saturday 7th February 2004. http://www.iraqbodycount.org/editorial_feb0704.php

Its really just perspective.

Who remembers the movie Full Metal Jacket? For those that do... Who remembers the scene where Joker is first in Vietnam and in a meeting with other journalists? Its all about perspective.

Perspective can be easily changed or altered especially with selective information.

Now for some more quotes. I'll keep the author a secret until after you've read them.

"Either the world will be ruled according to the ideas of our modern democracy, or the world will be dominated according to the natural law of force; in the latter case the people of brute force will be victorious."

"Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise."

The first quote commits the fallacy of false dilema. (S)he pains a picture that either you believe as he believes or 'they' will win. I understand it to be "Either our democracy will rule with our own ideals or 'brute force' will overthrow us." It could apply to today. "Either you help us destroy terrorism or terrorism will destroy us."

The second quote is SOOOOO true. People can be led to believe that war (known by those who are actually there, not on their couch, to be HELL) is actually paradise and is to be desired.

Oh by the way... Those last two quotes came from Adolf Hitler.

Personally, I am not trying to convince anyone of blindly switching their beliefs. I like to play devils advocate and am a huge fan of people thinking on their own, it just so happens that in this instance, I agree with my argument.

hehe another quote this time from Einstien (i posted this in another thread).

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice." -Albert Einstein
[/b][/quote]
I just want to say, hm, Saddam has been caught and is being tried.

Regardless of whether or not he did it, he will most likely pay for it.

We in the US, like to have double standards. We can do something, but others can not. If we wanted to rule the whole world, and tried, we could try. But everyone else? No way. (Not saying this will happen)

The way the US is run, the way people act, it goes straight down to street level. You see the exact same behavior in children as you do the government. It is reflected upon us, and that is why a lot of us are the way we are. (Yes, genetics and some other things have to do with it also, but the government is a large thing in people's lives, and people are a large thing to government)

Oh and Hitler, well he was a genius, but that doesn't mean he was right. :P
(I've noticed that the smartest people are a lot of the time, the craziest.)
I wish I was a savant, that would be cool. Except the whole disability thing.

Wow... just wow...

I used to say "just think of all the people that they would have to hush up to get away with that, it cant be a conspiracy"

THIS video is showing you the people they cant/wont shut up. This video has shown me the missing pieces I needed to see to start asking some real hard questions about what really happened.

Was 9/11 tragic? yes
Has it been talked about to death? yes
Has it been talked about or investigated enough? NO... and this video proves it.

Dissagree if you like, but if you do so without watching this video, I will pitty you all the more.

Hats off to the makers of the video.

Xhar

Originally posted by Kickinbama@May 4 2006, 01:50 PM
"HEY KICKINBAMA..i am 15...how observent of you, is that related to any of this at all...no"

that fact that you can call someone ignorant at the age of 15 is laughable to me. don't forget your lunch money. enjoy your square pizza today in the cafeteria. lol

Ok, so because im young, and the kind of food I eat, I can't be informed about a certain topic? And WOW, what a meaningless post of yours.

Since when does the kind of food I eat, my age, or the fact that I have lunch money make ME ignorant?

Please, do not post mindless dribble. All your posts are 1-2 lines long, and they dont really show that YOU know anything, so IM ignorant? Post your opinions and back them up. Don't just trash other people for stupid reasons.

Quite an overused quote, but I think it applies.

Ok, everyone play nice, before I take the shiny red ball away...

lol J/k, but seriously, cant we just have a nice civilized discussion? If you cant think of a way to counterpoint without going into personal attributes of your gainsayer, lets just try to keep our fingers off the keyboard :smiley:

My momma always said, if you cant say anything nice about somebody, make sure there not in the damned room!

Hehehe, just a little levity, dont read anything into it.

Xhar

Back