Something's missing.....[S4 spoilers] [merged]

I totally agree! Where are the cliffhanger epsidoes that the audience saw in seasons 1/2. Now every episode seems to end wrapped up in a little bow. :asleep:

aliasroks said:
Don't get me wrong, it's still a great show.  I prefer it to the "Law and CSI Order" franchises that are on now.  But where is the REAL intrigue of Seasons 1&2.  Even Season three, which everyone seems to complain about, had some genuine thrills....I mean even though no one liked Lauren, at least when she was revealed as evil there were a few good double-agent episodes in there.  (The BEST episode of season 3 in my opinion was the one with Ricky Gervais as the terrorist they tried to make believe they were the covenant.  THAT was sheer brilliance.) But seriously folks, overall the show got off track someplace.....

There's no feelings of real danger.  There's no urgency.  We always know that Syd's gonna make it (obviously), Jack is going to do underhanded things but all for the sake of his daughter's well being.  Sloane is fickle (I'm good! I'm evil! I'm good! I'm evil!).  Vaughn will brood a little in every episode.  Predictable!  All the characters are "in on the secret," not like Season One/Two when we were afraid SD-6 would find out about Sydney's double agency.  Or Will/Francie would learn her secret.  Everyone knows Syd works for the CIA now.  Covert-Ops or not, who does she have in her life to hide it from now?  The name "ALIAS" doesn't have nearly the layers of application it once had.  Now ALL the main cast members are good guys and have no double lives to lead. 

JJ needs to shake things up. As much as it pains me to say it, KILL OFF A MAIN CHARACTER.  And not offscreen like the weak Irina storyline.  (I'm sorry but that was so made up at the last minute.  There is NO way that's what those documents from the S3 finale were about!)  SURPRISE us.  SHOCK us.  Make us FEEL IT.  In the first season of 24 (I haven't watched since then) they threw us for a loop when Nina went bad and killed off Jack's wife.  DO SOMETHING SIMILAR ON ALIAS.  Then Syd would have to deal with the aftershocks of that.  Nothing else can be done to hurt Syd.  She's been through everything else.

Or better yet, do something where Sydney goes evil....for a while.  I have contended that what should have happened in Season Three, was that they should have had the Covenant SUCCESSFULLY brainwash Sydney and she could have been working for the Covenant for real all season.  That would have been awesome...then the Season finale could have been her finally getting captured.  And then of course, her memories could be restored and everything back to normal. (is anything ever normal on Alias?)

I hope they drop some bombshells on us soon, because even though I am still a fan and will watch till Alias films it's final frame, I'm not quite as invested in the story as I once was.
[post="1191156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

The last two eps haven't been cliffhangers. And even before that there were the hints at future storylines like Sentinel and the baby picture. I think that it definitely feels like Alias again.

I totally agree with you aliasroks, it doesnt feels like Alias anymore. Even the last two episodes with Sark and Anna were very disappointment, i mean JJ must stop bring pepople from the past or from thair graves.
Nothing sourprise me anymore and the cllifhengers are so so so lames.

Even Sydney and Vughn moments are disappointment... -_-

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I am so relieved to read all this. I thought I was going crazy!! This season has been a disappointment. I'm never on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens. I don't like Nadia - her and syd really don't seem close. Syd and Vaughn act like co-workers not lovers. Maybe they need some new agents to bring fresh blood in. Even Sloan is dull. I did enjoy seeing Sark and Anna. They need some interesting villians. I loved the plots before, they were so layered you were always finding out something new, twists and turns all the time. I want the old alias back!!!!!!!! :eek: </span>

^^ Ouch. Just a gentle hint (and not disagreeing or agreeing with your opinion). When everything is in a huge font, it's really hard to read and everything reads as bold or emphasis. Your point will come across better if you leave it in plain text or just emphasize the most important words. ;)

But thanks for sharing your opinion!

Back