Songs edited for length

It's always been a pet peeve of mine when listening to the radio - hearing a favorite song of yours which ends up getting chopped for radio airplay due to length.

Anyone else feel the same way? Like, what songs have you heard on the radio that got cut down for length?

Yeah, I definetly know what you mean. Especially if it's a cool instrumental section of the song (which are the parts that get edited out the most) :P. I never understood why they just didnt leave the extra 30 or so seconds in.

Yeah, there are some classic songs that sometimes get edited down for length on certain stations and they are the best parts of the song. One that I really don't like is the chopping of the instrumental break of Light My Fire by The Doors. I also don't like how Shout by Tears For Fears is edited for timing reasons. That's why I like Sirius radio stations on Dish Network since they usually play the entire versions of songs and most of the stations have no commercials.

It really annoys me too. Two years ago, I started to love Tori Amos' A Sort of Fairytale. And then I decided to use it for an English thing, finding the lyrics and seeing that there was a complete verse out of it!! And those lines were so beautiful.

church of mammals said:
That's why I like Sirius radio stations on Dish Network since they usually play the entire versions of songs and most of the stations have no commercials.
[post="1315763"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, thats a huge plus for those radio stations. No commercials.....ah, thats the life :D :lol: .

thats why i loved the fact that lifehouse never released everything because if they did it would have had to been cut because its well over 6 minutes long but that makes the song as good as it is.

They also cut the calling things will go my way, and im sure they messed with coldplay the scientist hmmm....

For the 1st time, I heard "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince cut for time. I was outraged! :angry: They only had the 1st 10-15 seconds of the spoken-word intro and chopped up the guitar solo climax of the song.

Hmm, I was going to start a topic for long songs, but I guess this sort of fits.
My favourite songs over about 5 or so minutes are:
The Alarm - Spirit of '76
Jeff Buckley - Halleluja
Bob Dylan - Hurricane

Some of my favourite songs I would get a bit bored of after 8 minutes, but there are some that are just...you can juest isten to forever. :smiley: Or until the song ends...

Jai :rain:

Back