Soulmates

You came from Chapter Ten the beginning

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

After a few minutes of standing under the spray of icy cold water, Sydney finally got herself to calm down. She felt horrible about yelling at Sark. It wasn’t like she was actually mad about him. She had never told him to keep his hands off when she talked with Vaughn. That would make the whole situation seem too married-woman-other-man like.

The real reason she yelled at him was she was afraid of the feelings he was stirring up inside of her. She knew that the phone call from Vaughn cooled her off a little, but if Sark had kept up what he had been doing, she didn’t think she could hold herself responsible for her actions.

She heard noises coming from the bedroom, and she silently cursed herself for forgetting to shut the bathroom door. She flipped the water off quickly and went to open the shower door. But it was already open. And, like the first time she had seen this house, Sark was standing in front of her in just a towel.

“Don’t get out because of me,” he said with a smirk.

She tried her best to discretely cover herself without him noticing. “What are you doing?”

“I need to shower too, you know. And stop doing that.” He grabbed her arms and pulled them to her side. “You’re too beautiful to cover up.”

She looked into his eyes for a moment, trying to gauge if he was speaking the truth or if it was just another one of his lines. Before she could stop herself, she grabbed the back of his neck and brought his lips crashing to hers.

Sark managed to grab the shower door and close it behind himself as Sydney reached down with one hand to unfasten his towel. She let her hands roam up and down his chest. It felt so good to just let her emotions control her actions for once. She had never realized how much she wanted to just feel his body pressed up against hers, the weight and solidness of it, his smooth skin, his beating heart. She didn’t want to have to worry about the consequences at this moment. She just wanted to be lost in him.

He pushed her up against the back wall of the shower and fumbled to turn the water on again. It took him at least three tries as her hands were freely roaming in areas that he had never guessed she would want to stray. As the ice cold water poured down on them, Sydney gasped.

“Were you taking a cold shower, Miss Bristow?” Sark asked between kisses. “Now why was that?”

“Don’t talk,” she growled. She felt her weight being lifted off the ground, and she wrapped her legs around his waist. His kisses moved their way from her collarbone down to her breasts. For a moment, she focused on her total disbelief at what she was about to do with one of her largest adversaries.

Then the day-old stubble on his chin rubbed the sensitive curve of her breast, and she lost all thought. Her hands grasped his back roughly, and she could hear him hiss as her nails dug in. His hands were making their way up and down her body with such complete control and care.

All thoughts of the problems in her life were dashed away as she felt him slip his fingers inside her and begin to move at a steady pace. She cried out his name loudly, not caring if that anyone within five miles could probably hear her. She silently thanked the fact that Sark hadn’t tried to heat up the water that was pouring down on them. It was the only thing that was keeping her from losing her head completely.

His eyes met hers, and they mirrored her intensity perfectly. In them, she could see the complete, clear truth. This man loved her unconditionally.

“I want you to make love to me,” she said huskily.

“I’ve been waiting for you to say those words for so long,” he whispered as he slowly entered her. It was excruciatingly slow yet astonishingly perfect. “I love you so much.”

This wasn’t a thing like she had imagined it would be. She had expected him to take her fast and hard, just like she’d seen him do everything else. It wasn’t supposed to be this tender. It wasn’t supposed to be this full of love. She didn’t know what to do with this new side of Sark. And at the moment, she didn’t really care.

As she felt herself begin to build, something dawned on her. “You’re holding back,” she moaned. “Don’t. Oh god. Don’t.”

She saw his eyes flare with desire and want. It was at that moment that she felt the strange pleasure in knowing that she had complete control of him. He pulled back and turned her so that she was cradled in his arms. She growled slightly at the loss she felt without him inside of her.

Sark practically kicked the shower door open in an effort to carry her over to the bed. She smiled at the rightness of that action. They had probably shared so many tender filled nights in this very bed. Instead of picking up where they left off, he surprised her by placing her body on the bed and taking a step back, appreciating.

“You are the most exquisite thing on this earth, Sydney Bristow. Never forget it. I could just look at you forever and be happy.”

“Get over here,” she said with a smile.

He lay down on the bed next to her. “I want to see you,” he said as he slid his hand between her thighs and pressed into her. Her breath quickened. He watched as panic, pleasure, and excitement passed over her face. She could feel herself climbing closer and closer, her breath tearing, her hands clinging to whatever she could find. She finally released a strangled cry as she peaked over the edge.

After a moment, she tried to shake her head clear of the overwhelming feeling, but the dizziness wouldn’t go away. She felt drunk and dazed and unspeakably aroused. Sark felt her pull him close to her as she whispered the need for more into his ear in that throaty voice he had always loved best. The voice that had cemented his resolve to become the man he thought she deserved to be with.

“Julian,” she whispered, and it was all he could do to contain himself.

Their long, groaning sighs blended together as he positioned himself over her and entered. When he began to move, they moved together, the pace slowly speeding up as she urged for more. Together, almost as if they had never been apart, they drifted over the edge.

Return to to get the rest of the chapter...

Chapter Ten the end

Back