Southland

Did anyone catch this new show that came out on NBC a few weeks ago? It got signed on for a second season. It's your average cop show, but the character's share a lot about their personal life.

I've been watching this since it came on. It's actually pretty good IMO - I like it. There's a good balance between the crime story lines and the personal backstories.

I'm glad it's being renewed for another season!

I've been watching this since it came on. It's actually pretty good IMO - I like it. There's a good balance between the crime story lines and the personal backstories.

I'm glad it's being renewed for another season!
Glad you liked it. :smiley: I was offput earlier this year with NBC canceling so many shows due to the ailing economy, but this ended up catching my attention. A lot of people thought that because Janila got into protective custody, courtesy of US Marshalls, that the show was being canceled. But NBC surprised its viewers with an additional season.

The last episode is a major cliff hanger. Why? Well, when Det. Russel got shot by his neighbor, then there were two additional gun shots, etc. And then the whole Officer Cooper thing and his friend. There was a huge flame war on the NBC forum's for the show, of course it was removed from public view. Obviously this show really got people hooked since there were up to their neck in anger. :grinning:

Really enjoyed the show....I'm concerned with it being moved to Fridays next season though.

I can't lie my favorite thing about the show is Ben McKenzie. But besides that, the fact that we get a look into these officers and detectives lives is a nice difference from other shows.

Loved the episode where the female detective was protecting the witness in her house and she pulls out that big freakin shotgun.....awesome!

I agree...I really liked the show and the story line that is running through it. I was really taken back by the season finale.

I agree...I really liked the show and the story line that is running through it. I was really taken back by the season finale.
Forgive me for my very late reply, but what about the season finale makes you say that. Is it what happened to the girl, what happened to the officer at the end, or something else? :smiley:

Back