Space 1999 fans

sci-fi-dude

1963, 1899 called they want every thing back....
Kevin I know you have a thread, but I figured I would do a collectable thread....1999 fans? what cha got?

I lost my fandom collecting bug when my mom threw away my comic book collection.
It told me that my collection was not important.

I really don't collect much now that I am much older. A few Godzilla and some dinosaurs.
What I do collect is all electronic. I have a massive collection that takes up the space of a few books.
Thousands of movies, music albums, books and pictures.

Unlike the few 'items' I have locked away in packages I can fully enjoy my electronic collection and share it with others. I have a laptop bag that I can load my whole collection into and take anywhere I want, with no effort.

Since I am not losing anything I can give any or all of it away for free and still have my collection. As long as I don't try to profit from it I am violating no copyrights. Kinda like sharing my words and thoughts in this topic.
What is really cool is that when I die, I can leave my whole collection to all of my children and grandchildren.

For anyone that is interested in buying Space 1999 collectables here are a few sources you might find interesting.

isla_75x75.16354182_bwanfa06.jpg
CenturyCastings
The little shop of sci-fi delights
Cardiff, United Kingdom: 151 Sales On Etsy since 2013

upload_2017-9-26_17-5-52.jpeg

Monsters In Motion has been serving the collectible industry for 23 years with unique merchandise related to Film, Television, Horror, Pop Culture, Science Fiction and Fantasy.
monstersinmotionstore on eBay

User ID planeshowcase
Based in Philippines, planeshowcase has been an eBay member since Apr 21, 2004
planeshowcase | eBay

hollywoodfinds
Movie and TV Scripts Old and New
12259 Sales On Etsy since 2013
Movie and TV Scripts Old and New by hollywoodfinds

Space 1999 | eBay

Space 1999 Merchandise Guide: Toys and Models

Amazon.com

Sixteen 12 Collectibles

Here are some fan sites where you might find other enthusiasts

Space: 1999 Net

Space: 1999 Main Group page: Space 1999

Space: 1999 Merchandise: Space: 1999 Merchandise

Space: 1999 Fans & Conventions Community page: Auto-Ecole ALPHA PLUS

Space: 1999 Props & Ships: Space: 1999 Props & Ships

Space: 1999 Year 2: Space: 1999 Year 2

Space: 1999 News Network Space: 1999 News Network

Space: 1999 Eagle 44 Space 1999 Eagle 44

Official Gerry Anderson Official Gerry Anderson

Moonbase Alpha Legacy: the Original Space: 2099 Log In or Sign Up to View

Cosmos: 1999 (French) Facebook Groups

Spazio: 1999 (Italian) Log In or Sign Up to View

Mondbasis Alpha 1 (German) Facebook Groups

Space: 1999 All Fans Alliance Community page Log In or Sign Up to View

Fanderson Space: 1999 Fan Club Facebook Groups

Space: 1999 40th Anniversary Fannish Alliance Facebook Groups

Space: 1999 Lego Group Log In or Sign Up to View

Space: 1999 Mattel Eagle Group Facebook Groups

BLAM: Space: 1999 Graphic Novel Discussion Group page Facebook Groups

BLAM: Space: 1999 Graphic Novel Discussion Group page Facebook Groups

Space: 1999 Relaunch Log In or Sign Up to View

Helena Russell & John Koenig FB page Log In or Sign Up to View

Martin Landau Appreciation Group page Facebook Groups

Catherine Schell FB page Log In or Sign Up to View

Nick Tate Club International FB page Log In or Sign Up to View

Powys Media https://www.facebook.com/Powys-Media-172593802762…/timeline/

Barbara Bain - The Lady Log In or Sign Up to View

Eagle Transporter (SPACE 1999) https://www.facebook.com/space1999eagletransporter/

Sadly, nothing in my collection. :( I've got Trek, Star Wars, Who, and some misc. stuff but nothing from Space: 1999. Looking back, I'd love to have a diecast of the Eagle Transporter.
Here is the brand I got lucky finding, I reckon its from UK....
dinky-359-2.jpg
its pretty cool. I wonder if folks can order one of the web? Dunno....

There are a number of Resin modelers will build these models of the different Eagles, Mark IX Hawk, Super Swift, and the Long Range Explorer. They are like 21-36" long, they can be expensive to have built and detailed for you. I had a Eagle with a Science Module once, but it was damaged in a move and I was never able to get another built. I have the skills to build and paint myself, but I do not have the time to do it.

I have a buddy in Chicago who is a awesome modeler, I said he is going to order a large scale on, it has turned metal rocket nozzels out back, so I cant wait to see his work, yeup moving makes one lose a collection very fast, its a shame....

As a RPGer, I would like to set a Traveller campaign based on the plot of the Space 1999 Moon base Alpha. Now I would make the Moon Base larger and more complex than the show had, and would have the base be about 10,000 crew. I would have many different Eagles, Mark IX Hawks, and a couple of other ship types to give the players more of a choice of ships to use. I also would make the moon really a Alien made complex with a Alien Hyper Drive that was triggered and moving the moon through space. the humans can't stop it, but they know that the moon is on a course that they can not change or stop. They are on a ride, and all they can do is travel through space and explore as they go.

The next model I intend to have built will be the Explorer as seen in the show. I intend to hang it in my office at work.
space1999_explorer.jpg

As a RPGer, I would like to set a Traveller campaign based on the plot of the Space 1999 Moon base Alpha. Now I would make the Moon Base larger and more complex than the show had, and would have the base be about 10,000 crew. I would have many different Eagles, Mark IX Hawks, and a couple of other ship types to give the players more of a choice of ships to use. I also would make the moon really a Alien made complex with a Alien Hyper Drive that was triggered and moving the moon through space. the humans can't stop it, but they know that the moon is on a course that they can not change or stop. They are on a ride, and all they can do is travel through space and explore as they go.

The next model I intend to have built will be the Explorer as seen in the show. I intend to hang it in my office at work.
space1999_explorer.jpg
Nice kit! I never found the deep space ship like that, I know the captain and the crew met with on mean critter! I know amt made the eagle, a moon rover and the moon base, but I'm not sure of anything else, I have a buddy in Chicago that is a master modeler who is going to make a larger Uk eagle kit, he has airbrushes and lots of tools to complete awesome modeling tasks. If you make a kit, I would love to see the process and the final outcome.

Actually I need to reach out to the guy that I have used for Space 1999 stuff. He makes his kits from scratch, and I will find his web site again and post it here. He is awesome in his work, he also does BSG stuff too.

Actually I need to reach out to the guy that I have used for Space 1999 stuff. He makes his kits from scratch, and I will find his web site again and post it here. He is awesome in his work, he also does BSG stuff too.
Thanx bro, ill keep my eyes peeled!

Back