Special Delivery

specialdelivery1.jpg

Summary:

As a nurse at the city’s busiest birth center, Sydney Bristow knew all about delivery babies. But what she really wanted was a child of her own, and her secret crush…handsome Dr. Michael Vaughn was the ideal father material. Didn’t he have an adorable five-year old son to prove it?

Sydney’s biological clock was nearing its final countdown. But she didn’t just want Michael’s baby, she wanted everything that went with it, including a march down the aisle with this sexy single dad…

Here's a pic of Jake:
th_Jake.jpg

~Prologue~

“Daddy, “I’m talking about a girlfriend.”

Michael Vaughn set a hand on his five-year-old son’s shoulder and slowed their pace to weave a path around the pigeons at the cement.

“You have a girlfriend?” he asked while he urged his son into Central Park.

Head back, Jake squinched his nose. “Not me.”

He’d thought his son was still in his I-don’t-like-girl stage. “ So who has one?”

“No one does.”

Where was this conversation going? Michael wondered. Through sunglasses, he squinted up at the clear blue sky and bright summer sun. Usually he had no trouble following his son’s disorganized conversation.

“Jake, let’s start over.”

“Can I have an ice cream?” Jake asked, pointing in the direction of the vendor.

Michael ran a hand over the top of Jake’s shiny sandy blonde hair, then plopped the baseball cap back on the boy’s head.

“After lunch.”

“If we have lunch, will we get home in time?”

“In time for what?” What was his concern this time? At five, Jake fretted with the expertise of a forty-year old.

“Mommy doesn’t come for you today, “Michael reminded him.

“The ball game, Daddy. You said you’d have time to watch it with me.”

“Some of it, Jake, about what you were saying. Who has a girlfriend?”

Imitating a professional ballplayer’s actions, Jake slapped the baseball into his mitt.

“You need one.”

“I…”The last time he’d been speechless had been the day Jake was born. “I …need one?”

“Uh-huh. Someone special.”

Michael managed not to laugh. “Why do I?”

“Because you’re lonely.”

That was news to him. Busy described his life better. Between his medical practice and his son, he hadn’t time to bother with more than casual dating. But even if he had more time, after his marriage had failed, he’d vowed never again. Love was the last thing he wanted.

“Who said I am?” Michael asked, certain someone had put the idea in Jake’s head.

“Mommy says so.”

He should have known. Leave it to Alice. Despite the divorce three years ago…because he and Alice parted amicably, she never hesitated to voice her opinion about his love life or, in her words, “lack of it.”

“Mommy’s going on a date, “Jake added.

Michael had heard, wished her well. But he understood now what was happening. Alice figured if she was dating, it was time for him, too. They needed to talk.

“What else did Mommy say?”

“She says she’s going on a vacation before she clapses.”

Michael chuckled. “Before she clapses.”

“That’s was she said.”

“I believe you, Jake. “He checked his watch, promised himself he wouldn’t do that again while with Jake, but mentally he calculated time. With luck, before he had to leave for appointments, he’d manage to watch two innings of the ball game with his son.

“Mommy said you need a date.”

Was he really having a conversation about his lack of female companions with his five-year-old son? You need a life, Doc, he mused.

“Come on. Let’s play ball.”

“Do you know a girl, Daddy?”

Plenty of them. But if he could pick and choose, he already had a candidate, his nurse. A tall, willowy knockout with a flawless, fair complexion, long brown hair and brown eyes.

“I know some, Jake. “Like Sydney Bristow with the bright, dimpled smile and amazing features.

“Don’t worry about me.”

TBC

Next update: Friday.

FIRST!?

First, this is really good. And, I cannot wait to read more. Your fics are always great!!! Please PM me when you update on Friday. I can't wait!
Thanks.

-Erin :smiley:

Aww this sounds really cute!!
-I have a really good feeling that he will ask Syd out!! ;)
Great update!! Loved it!!

Aw, this is so cute. I hope Alice won't play a major role in this fiction cuz she's trouble. I can get a pm please? thanks

omg!!! this is just too cute!!! and awww...i love jake already!!! he is like the perfect kid!!! anyways, very interesting start and i love it!! so can't wait for the update and pm me please.

That was great ... so if he did date again it would be Syd ... the way you decribed her in the summary ... well I just imiagne her that way so it will be fun to read ... thanks for the PM(keep um coming) ... more soon please ...

Back