Special Sleep?

I remember in one of the episodes when Sydney came in to see her mother, the mother said she was doing some special sleep where she could sleep in a fraction of normal time and get the same effects. Since the search is off, I couldn't find the answer. Is this a real thing, and can anyone tell me a site where I can learn how to do this. Thanks in advance!

It probably is real, but I have no idea where to learn it. I remember Irina called it "autocircadian meditation". Wouldn't it be nice to learn it, though? It's so depressing that we spend 1/3 of our lives asleep. I think that someday in the distant future there'll probably be some technology that makes sleep unnecessary. It'll be too late for us, though! ^_^

Actually, I'm pretty certain (although I haven't studied it) this isn't strictly "real," although it might be based on some sort of research. They'll have to alter our biology to make sleep unnecessary; there is a disease that renders people incapable of sleep and it is extremely horrible--and fatal.
;)

That definately would be cool if it were real. If it is, it's probably some sort of mind trick like visualization - I've heard stories (true ones) were visualization can be so powerful that it's dangerous. The mind is a strange thing, who knows what could be true!!

yea I get depressed when I think about that 1/3 of our life is spent sleeping and maybe even more..all those years wasted away! I hope that they find a way to make sleep unnecessary!

Back