Sci-Fi Spectral (2016)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Spectral (2016)

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller, Action

Director: Nic Mathieu

Cast: James Badge Dale, Emily Mortimer, Gonzalo Menendez, Max Martini, Ryan Robbins, Bruce Greenwood, Jimmy Akingbola, Brian Caspe, Clayne Crawford, Ursula Parker, Louis Ozawa, Miklós Bányai, Dylan Smith, James D. Dever, Royce Pierreson, Mark O'Neal, Declan Hannigan, Narantsogt Tsogtsaikhan, Tsogbaatar Batzorig, Philip Bulcock, Peter Schueller, Peter J. Chaffey, Filip Watermann, Michael Bodie, Aaron Șerban, András Ábel, Zoltan Lörincz, Zoltán Téglás, Zoli Teglas, Tsogtsaikan Narantsogt, Thomas Kelly, Stephen Root

Release: 2016-12-09

Runtime: 109

Plot: A special-ops team is dispatched to fight supernatural beings that have taken over a European city.
Spectral (2016)

I've always been a bit surprised that Spectral did not become more popular than it did. Maybe because it was limited to Netflix, or perhaps because it was more science oriented rather than just a straight-up action war movie, but I thought that the explanation for the "apparitions" was something not really seen before. 🤔

Its the first movie where I've seen ghosts scientifically explained and used in the plot.
The concept, while still in the fictional fantasy realm has a sense of realistic plausibility to it.
Kudos to the writer and praise to the special effects team.
The warlike element was refreshing by allowing main characters to die.
At the time I thought Netflix had higher production standards from this example but now, meh.
Netflix too has gone common.