Spicy food

Xara

Cadet
I went to a Thai restaurant for the first time a couple of nights ago and got what was simply labeled "spicy beef". Now, I grew up eating spicy food and I love it, but this beef was covered in some sort of nuclear death sauce that made my nose run, eyes water, and body sweat. What the hell? That shouldn't be labeled spicy. It should labeled "be careful - this felgercarb is really hot - not just spicy".

Anyway, anybody here dis/like spicy food?

I love thai food. My stomach don't always agree with me but god I love spicy food. I usually experiment when I cook an otherwise plain dish.. Jalapenos and Sambal Oelek is two ingredients I combine with a lot of things. But nothing I can throw in my food can really measure up to some nice thai :D

I love spicy good! I can make a chili that would make most people cry like a baby! I use aged ghost chili's, habanero(sp?) peppers, jalapenos and some other special ingredients. :smiley: I have got it so hot in the past that even I couldn't eat it and that is bad for a guy that will eat any pepper raw...

Always knew you were a bit crazy, Sean. Lol

I like spicy food, but these days I keep getting nasty heartburn if I don't slowly ramp up the hotness.

I can enjoy very lightly spiced food - probably the kind of thing that a hardened hot food junkie would consider seasoning. Can't do burn mouth off stuff, no enjoyment in that for me.

Really? That stuff tastes sweet to me. It tastes more like red bell pepper to me. Anyway, green chilis taste great in eggs. I learned that yesterday.

Back