This past weekend I finally caught Spider-Man 2 with the SO. With the summer reviews claiming that it was better than the first one I wasn't sure what to expect. Turns out the reviews were correct, it was a good movie that, on a story-line level, exceeds the first. While I won't give away any plot points in case you haven't seen it yet some of the highlights are...
- Peter Parker understands who he really is;
- Peter & Mary Jane Watson come to terms with their relationship;
- If you're a fan of the original comics the arc with Harry Osborn starts taking place which nicely sets up the series for the third movie (which, if it follows the original comic series, will make for a great 3rd movie);
- Alfred Molina as Doctor Octavious (aka: Doctor Octopus, Doc Ock) is superb to the point that I hope future movies see him back again;
- J. Jonah Jamison's son is introduced which makes it interesting as to whether he'll also be making any future appearance (again, remember the old comic series in regards to this character!);
- Peter & Aunt May's relationship has a major development.
Spider-Man 2 arrives on DVD Nov. 30 with more than 10 hours of bonus features, including a making-of documentary, a blooper reel and a feature called Enter the Web that will give viewers the experience of being on the set, TV Guide Online reported.