Superheroes Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
The 2018 release of Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse hit Netflix this week and, of course, I had to watch it. With the speakers cranked up while Mrs. Kevin was away it was quite a fun movie. (y)

Growing up in the 70's I was an avid Marvel fan with Spider-man being my preferred reading so I'll watch/read anything Spidey related; heck I even watched the last Venom movie. I have to admit, Sony finally knocked it out of the park with a superhero movie. The animation style stands out and I'd daresay that it's even better then what Disney & Pixar have done lately. It has a bunch of references to Spider-man over the years (they showed the Spider buggy!) and just enough humor to be fun without feeling forced.

The post credits scene throws in Spider-man 2099 likely giving a glimpse of the sequel that is in the works. The scene is a nod to the double Spider-man "meme" that is popular on internet at the moment but I just loved that they actually went back to the 1967 animated series.

Oh, speaking of references, the spider that bites Miles has a number on it (and, being from Alchemax, it ties back to Spider-man 2099). The number? 42. :D

Top Bottom