Superheroes Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse (2018)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Tagline: More Than One Wears the Mask

Genre: Action, Adventure, Animation, Science Fiction, Comedy

Director: Rodney Rothman, Peter Ramsey, Bob Persichetti

Cast: Shameik Moore, Jake Johnson, Hailee Steinfeld, Mahershala Ali, Brian Tyree Henry, Lily Tomlin, Lauren Vélez, Zoë Kravitz, John Mulaney, Kimiko Glenn, Nicolas Cage, Kathryn Hahn, Liev Schreiber, Chris Pine, Natalie Morales, Edwin H. Bravo, Oscar Isaac, Greta Lee, Stan Lee, Jorma Taccone, Joaquín Cosío, Marvin 'Krondon' Jones III, Kim Yarbrough, Lake Bell, Jessica Mikayla Adams, Gredel Berrios Calladine, Sarah D. Cole, Kelby Joseph, Mimi Davila, Claudia Choi, Melanie Haynes, Joseph Izzo, Nick Jaine, Muneeb Rehman, Carlos Zaragoza, Post Malone, David Applebee, Juan Carlos Arvelo, Adam Brown, Jon Bruno, Darcy Rose Byrnes, Oscar Camacho, June Christopher, Alycia Cooper, Michelle Jubilee Gonzalez, Terrence Hardy Jr., Bridget Hoffman, Rif Hutton, Miguel Jiron, Harrison Knight, Lex Lang, Donna Lynn Leavy, Andrew Leviton, Caitlin McKenna-Wilkinson, Scott Menville, Christopher Miller, Arthur Ortiz, Juan Pacheco, Devika Parikh, Shakira Ja'nai Paye, Courtney Peldon, Chrystee Pharris, Jacqueline Pinol, Juan Pope, Al Rodrigo, Joseph Sanfelippo, Justin Shenkarow, Dennis Singletary, Warren Sroka, Melissa Sturm, Holly Walker, Jason Linere-White, Ruby Zalduondo, Ruth Zalduondo, Cliff Robertson

Release: 2018-12-06

Runtime: 117

Plot: Miles Morales is juggling his life between being a high school student and being a spider-man. When Wilson "Kingpin" Fisk uses a super collider, others from across the Spider-Verse are transported to this dimension.
Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse (2018)

The 2018 release of Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse hit Netflix this week and, of course, I had to watch it. With the speakers cranked up while Mrs. Kevin was away it was quite a fun movie. (y)

Growing up in the 70's I was an avid Marvel fan with Spider-man being my preferred reading so I'll watch/read anything Spidey related; heck I even watched the last Venom movie. I have to admit, Sony finally knocked it out of the park with a superhero movie. The animation style stands out and I'd daresay that it's even better then what Disney & Pixar have done lately. It has a bunch of references to Spider-man over the years (they showed the Spider buggy!) and just enough humor to be fun without feeling forced.

The post credits scene throws in Spider-man 2099 likely giving a glimpse of the sequel that is in the works. The scene is a nod to the double Spider-man "meme" that is popular on internet at the moment but I just loved that they actually went back to the 1967 animated series.

Oh, speaking of references, the spider that bites Miles has a number on it (and, being from Alchemax, it ties back to Spider-man 2099). The number? 42. :D