Spiderman 3

Leslie

Super Fantastisch
Just received this tidbit in my mailbox:

OSCAR NOMINEE THOMAS HADEN CHURCH CAST AS
THE NEW NEMESIS IN SONY PICTURES' AND MARVEL STUDIOS' "SPIDER-MAN 3"

Latest Adventure set to debut worldwide on May 4, 2007

CULVER CITY, CA March 22, 2005 - Thomas Haden Church, who was most recently nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in "Sideways", has been cast as Spider-Man's new archenemy in the next chapter of the "Spider-Man" adventure, it was announced by director Sam Raimi and producers Laura Ziskin and Marvel Studios' Avi Arad.

"Spider-Man  3", which is scheduled for release on May 4, 2007, will reunite the successful team that was responsible for the first two blockbuster films. The franchise has grossed more than $1.5 billion in worldwide ticket sales and the new film will again reteam director Raimi, producers Ziskin and Arad, and actors Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Kirsten Dunst as M.J..

Production on "Spider-Man 3" is scheduled to begin early next year.

"In addition to the on-going relationship between Peter Parker and M.J., these films are driven by the great actors who have brought our villains to life," said Raimi. "Thomas Haden Church will be a fantastic and challenging new nemesis and we all look forward to working with him."

The identity of the new villain is being kept secret and while speculation is  rampant about which character is being called into action, the studio will not comment on the casting beyond confirming Church.

Since his star-making role in "Sideways", Church has been in demand. The actor is voicing one of the characters in the upcoming animated film "Charlotte's Web", and he recently appeared in Columbia Pictures' "Spanglish".  Church previously appeared in such other films as "George of the Jungle", "330 Miles to Graceland", and "Tombstone".  In 2003, he also starred in, co-wrote and directed the comedy "Rolling Kansas". From 1990 to 1995, Church played Lowell Mather in the TV series "Wings".

I am so psyched coz Hayden Church is friggen awesome!!! :smiley:

Thomas Haden Church would make a great villian for Spiderman.

Sorry, I can't see MV as a villian on Spiderman - Actually, I don't want to see him as a villian - I like him too much.

I see THC as either the Vulture, the Shocker, or Electro. I'm figuring that Sam Raimi will introduce us to one more old-school villain before even thinking about hinting at Venom and Carnage's presence in the future.

New cast member! HUZZAH!!!

TOPHER GRACE JOINS CAST OF SPIDER-MAN 3

Latest Adventure set to debut worldwide on May 4, 2007

CULVER CITY, CA May 19, 2005 - Topher Grace has joined the cast of Spider-Man 3, it was announced by director Sam Raimi and producers Laura Ziskin and Marvel Studio's Avi Arad.

Grace will join Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, and Thomas Haden Church in the blockbuster franchise.

Spider-Man 3 is scheduled for release on May 4, 2007, and will reunite returning cast members with director Sam Raimi
and producers Ziskin and Arad, the successful filmmaking team responsible for the first two films.

The Spider-Man film franchise has grossed more than $1.5 billion in worldwide ticket sales to date.
Production on Spider-Man 3, which was written by Alvin Sargent, is scheduled to begin early next year.

"I couldn't be more excited about the direction we are taking the continuing adventures of Peter Parker," said Raimi.
"Topher Grace is an extraordinarily talented actor and will be perfect for the complexities of the role we are developing.".

While speculation continues about which characters will be called into action, the studio will not comment on the new roles beyond confirming the casting of Grace and Church.

This is BEYOND cool. I adore Topher. :love:

OMG, the 2nd one was so much better than the 1st. I can't wait to see how the 3rd one turns out!!!!
OFFWALL.gif

Fairly sure the villian will be Lizzard.

Raimi if I remember if fairly high on Lizzard; which is why Dr. Connors role in Spiderman 2 was small... didn't want to diminish from Spidey 3.

Originally Raimi was going to cast Bruce Campbell but knew people would recognises him and remember him from his cameo as wrestling promoter.

I can't wait to see Spider Man 3, and I read in an article that Topher Grace was going to be in the movie. And the Lizzard should be in the next movie, they had him in there, and if you paid attention, he didn't have one of his arms...anyways, I can't wait til 2007! Too far away (<<<I said that when the 2nd one was in 2005 lol)

cudgel of forlorn dreams said:
I see THC as either the Vulture, the Shocker, or Electro.  I'm figuring that Sam Raimi will introduce us to one more old-school villain before even thinking about hinting at Venom and Carnage's presence in the future.
[post="1289811"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Church made some comments recently that suggest he'll be either the Chameleon or Mysterio...and Raimi hates the symbiotes with a passion so I doubt a Venom or Carnage film will ever be made while he's around.

I remeber reading in a interview with Kirsten Dunst (this was awhile ago in Famous Magazine) that she said this [spider man 3] would be the last one SHE would film. So there isnt a very good chance they will make one after this.

I'm excited to hear that Topher Grace will be in the next Spiderman! I can't really picture him as a villain but who knows what the writers have in mind. Yay, I can't wait!

This movie will come out pretty much exactly five years after the first one came out in 2002 I believe. I know this because when I was in...6th grade (whoa) it came out on my birthday (May 3)