Spike deserves to be human more

Spike deserves the whole prophecy thing to be about him more than Angel because
#1. He fought and suffered for his soul, he wasn't cursed with it
#2. He died in the finale

But the thing is, I don't think Spike really wants to be human. Hasn't he always enjoyed being a vampire?

Well, I can't really answer that without being biased because I absolutely love Spike. Angel's cool but he just doesn't match Spike's hotness or personality.(for me anyway) :smiley:

i know he enjoyed being a vapire and all but he loves Buffy so much so that hed get his soul back 4 her, he needs to be a bit more human for his hearts sake, i don't like to c him feeling all unloved!

There are 2 reasons why I think Spike deserves it more than Angel.

1. Like you mentioned, he chose his soul, Angel was simply cursed with his.

2. James Marsters is a better actor, and he could handle the job better. Okay, not a good reason, but I still stand by it. ;)

i feel so bad that spike seems to be so overlooked by everyone around him. but i guess that's just the story of his life. happened on buffy too. but it just seems to be happening much more on angel. :mellow: poor guy.

I'm not sure. Angel has suffered long for his soul. Whe he was cusree with a soul he actively went about to try and restore the balance of what he did over the years. When Spike got gis back he just went crazy then after that he moped around for a few months.

Did Spike really choose his soul though? I thought he got it by a bit of an accident.

He asked to be returned to the way he was right?? I thought he was asking to be returned to his full vampire self, withut the chip.

I could be wrong...but thats how I saw it

Rambaldi_Follower said:
I'm not sure. Angel has suffered long for his soul. Whe he was cusree with a soul he actively went about to try and restore the balance of what he did over the years. When Spike got gis back he just went crazy then after that he moped around for a few months.
I agree with you, i think Angel should become human, i hate the fact that Spike is gettin all the attention!!! dont get me wrong i think Spike is great but i still think Angel deserves it!! i remember watchin the season 1 finale shanshu in LA n i was so happy that Angel was gonna turn human 1 day n now they've ruined it!!! i hope its Angel!!

n Kewii Spike did ask for the soul!!! :smiley:

Spike asked for the soul--Whedon just wanted you to guess that he wanted the chip out and be surprised. I thought it was the most underhanded thing they ever did on Buffy because it caused them to make Spike behave a little out of character to avoid saying things that made it obvious what he was after. It was annoying! (I blame Noxon.)
<_<

Rambaldi_Follower said:
Spike moped??? Sorry but Angel is the king of Mope. When Whistler found him he was living off rats and feeling sorry for himself and had been for many many years I think. Angel moped all the time when he was on "Buffy" too. Spike moped a little for a few episodes, but never to the same degree of mopiness Angel had.

I still stand by my vote for Spike. I'm a bit, well, very biased there but oh well. Spike's awesome. You just don't get better than that. :smiley:

I'm not voting either way. I think it's pretty clear which character I like better, and I think the fact that one quested for a soul whereas the other was cursed with one shows an interesting difference in the characters--primarily that Spike wasn't a "fit" vampire to begin with; he was always too human and not demon enough; he was always too influenced by love--but as to who "deserves" to be human more? I don't know. As a vampire without a soul, Spike was easily the more human of the two, no question. With souls, it's a wash--they both seek to do the right thing; whether Spike cares to call himself a champion, he often seems to find himself acting like one these days. He's just snarkier about it. Angel seeks out the champion role. He seeks to be compassionate; Spike seeks to hide his compassion.

But who was there, by Buffy's side, through thick and thin, taking the abuse? Who was there in the darkest time--when she thought she was alone? When all of the Scoobies had voted her out? Who renewed her confidence? Not Angel. Spike. We've seen him do horrible things--and we've seen horrible things done to him, too--but, in some ways, I wonder if he even needs to be made human. Vampire or ghost, in some ways he's more human than many of the human characters we've met in the Buffyverse.

I still want to see Spike sing for Lorne . . .
;)

I see. Then you missed out on Lorne's old club--before he had a name and was just known as "The Host." (His whole name is Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan (from another dimension that Fred was misplaced in, Pylea). He likes Lorne better, but avoided it because, well, Lorne Green--which Angel got a chuckle out of, but was lost on his younger friends.) After his club blew up, we haven't really seen enough of him. I hope we see more now that he's on the cast, though! Too much info? Thought so! (Yeah, I know, wandering off-topic! Sorry!)
^_^

He was an actor who played in Bonanza for many years (wasn't he in Battlestar Gallactica?). And since Lorne is green . . . it's an obvious pun. It's an age/exposure thing.
;)

Back