Spike deserves to be human more

verdantheart said:
He was an actor who played in Bonanza for many years (wasn't he in Battlestar Gallactica?). And since Lorne is green . . . it's an obvious pun. It's an age/exposure thing.
;)
Don't forget the singing. Hee hee "RINGO". Lorne Green didn't really sing though, he more just talked while music was playing. He was CANADIAN!!!! too. I don't think it's an age thing, cuz I'm in Gr.9. Known about Lorne Green since I was like 8. Used to love that song Ringo... I was a freaky 8 year old. OFF TOPIC

Last night's episode, "DESTINY" gave us more of a clue about who deserves it more. Lots of Angel/Spike stuff, and the whole thing was about the Shanshu prophecy really. :thinking: It was one twisted eppy. "It tastes like....mountain dew." hee hee hee hee Wait, have people in the States seen it yet? When does it air on the WB????

i think angel should be a human, even tho angel was bad in the begining, he definatly learned his leason! but i want him to becmoe human again for buffy. B/A!!!!!!!!

i saw yesterdays one, it was alright, but angel was tormented with his soul for years, spike doesn't even think about it much at all. he might of worked for it, but not as much as angel had to suffer with all his burdens and stuff.

Spike had so many great quotes last night! One of my favorites was "Well that was a slap and a tickle." :smiley: hehe. In a way, Angel seemed right in saying "Do you really want it for yourself or do you want it because you know that I want it?", but I still think Spike should get it.

Spike has suffered a lot. Remember last season on Buffy, when he was bled and tortured?????? I don't think Mr. Mopey Brooding Angel can claim to have undergone all the suffering.

I think you're nuts my friend. Now, I'm just going to repost my rant on Fanforum, because the same topic came up there. But if you guys think that Spike deserves it more, well... That's all I have to say about that.

ANGEL! You people are odd. Spike got his soul to be better for BUFFY. And having the entire world revolve around a GIRL (and having cheekbones) doesn't mean you're WORTHY of getting something that Angel has been wanting since he heard of it. Angel loved Buffy, but he was willing to give UP humanity to save her and the world. Love doesn't mean you get a SOUL for someone, and love doesn't mean that you can become human. Love means putting them in front of yourself. You guys think Spike should get it, but he really only wants it (and he kind of said this)
A: to get back with Buffy. If that makes him worthy and a champion, then we have a serious problem

and

B: to piss Angel off.

The shanshu is supposed to be for a champion. Yeah, Spike gave up his life to save the world. Angel gave up a lot more to save it. Angel is the TRUE champion here. And BTW, the show WOULDN'T go on if Spike got it, because if he did, Angel wouldn't really function very well. Plus, Spike would be gone back to Buffy (hopefully to die in a [sarcasm]brave sort of way[/sarcasm]), and then ya'll would be stuck without a Spike.

:gasp: [uber-sarcasm]OH THE HORROR![/sarcasm]

And also: Just because Angelus didn't get a soul on his own doesn't mean that Angel is worse than Spike. Angel got it and was tortured from the memory of all the things he did. Spike got a chip, and only got a soul after he TRIED TO RAPE BUFFY. My god, how quickly you forget. Spike wouldn't have gotten a soul if he had never gotten a chip, which he had FORCED on him, not unlike how Angelus had a soul FORCED on him. And there really wasn't much of a difference between post-chip pre-soul Spike and post-chip post-soul Spike. So if you think about it, Spike kind of DID have a soul forced on him. Angel has fought for the good side a lot longer than Spike, saved the world more than Spike, given up more than Spike will ever know (and in some ways more than I hope he'll ever have to know. Angel's been put through so much pain I think Spike would have to actually BE QUIET FOR ONCE. :gasp: Spike? Quiet? Never! But that's just off topic Spike hatred).

"Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It’s harsh and cruel. That’s why there’s us. Champions. It doesn’t matter where we come from, what we’ve done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.”-Angel

Angel deffinetly makes it more. Spike wants it for such selfish reasons it makes me sick. Angel wants it because he deserves it, because he was the one who fought off apocolypse after apocolypse (and I know I can't spell that), HE was the one who lost everything twenty times over. A champion is someone who does the things they do not for the reward (if you'll remember, Angel didn't even know about the Shanshu for a while). Spike has been saying since the beginning of S5 (of AtS not BtVS) that he wants to get back to Buffy. That makes him a champion? I don't think so. Wanna be with some cute small blonde? Do it on someone elses time, not when there's people's lives at stake buddy.

PS Bhery, honey, Angel wasn't brought back by the first to kill Buffy. That's just what they said. If you saw the thing with the ring, it was pretty clear that the ring (representing B/A love and all things yummy in that way) brought him back.

I love B/A. More randomness. Sorry.

I was ranting...

TephieD said:
.....wow. You are obviously not a fan of Spike. Get away from me. :smiley: Just kidding! :smiley: I love Spike but thats my opinion.
Haha is it that obvious? 😏 No, seriously? I hate him SO much. But I love to hate him. Or I did pre-this episode... The things he said... my God, what an arse. :shudder:

And Spike was right in the last ep. Drusilla may have made him a vampire, but Angel made him a monster. He was still a nice vampire(as nice as vampires get) before Angel became his "friend". It's because even as human Angel was always a jackass and liked people to suffer. He made both Spike and Drusilla monsters. That's why Spike hates him so much, and plus the Buffy thing. And Angel sitting in an alley eating rats, moping, is not the same kind of suffering as Spike being bled and tortured.

And hey I've got a compromise. Neither Spike nor Angel get to take human form...Harmony does!!! Hey she's been good. Just kidding. LOL

TephieD said:
I agree Silverdewdrop, Angel made him a monster. But he's such a lovable monster! :smiley:
Like the cookie moster. Wait. I HATE the cookie monster. Oh well. I DON't hate Spike. hee hee Anyway, maybe I should start a poll, that we can see for sure what the fans think?

Ok i'm a little late for this but i thought i'd give my opinion.

As much as I love Spike (he is one of my favourite characters) I still think Angel deserves to be human more. As someone said before (i can't remember who) but Angel has had to give up so much from Connor and Buffy and all the stuff he went through with Darla and everything. And he is more selfless, Spike might have gotten his soul but he got it to impress Buffy.

And yes, Angel made Spike a monster but Darla made him a monster. Angel wasn't all that bad as human, sure he wasn't a sweet poetry writer, but he wasn't evil; he got drunk, slept with women, got into fights and fought with his father... but that is basically a typical adolescent or young adult male (sorry for the stereotype) maybe it's the extreme of a young male but still...

Another thing, Spike wants to be the hero, he wants to save the world and get Buffy to love him, where as Angel wants to save the people... he actually cares about peoples souls. With the speech he gave Kate in "Epihany" in season two, and the fact that he signed the Shanshu prophecy away in order to get inside the circle of the black thorn, he signed away his own chance at happiness, a life, a chance at love and a chance to know his son in order to save humanity... He did the same thing in season one with Buffy in "I Will Remember You".

Angel isn't in it for the glory like Spike is. As in season four with his champions speech to Connor and the things he tried to do for Darla. And you can't say Angel hasn't suffered. Spike may have been tortured and bled in season seven... but thats it. I mean there was the stuff when Angel was tortured by spike and Dru, the emotional torture from teh stuff with Buffy, the trials with Darla - where he would have DIED in order to give her a second chance -, there was the thing with Spike and hot pokers and has everyone forgotten that ANGEL WENT TO HELL FOR 100 YEARS?

So as much as i love Spike i'm gonna have to go with Angel.

Back