Spike The Show?

Whenever Angel ends and here's hoping thats in a couple seasons. I'd like to see Spike get his own show. I dont know how they would make it without it being a retread of Angel but I'd like to see it. Anyone else think its possible? Plus James Marsters is always saying he'd do it.

I'd like to see a show about Spike (I wish he'd just take over from David Boreanaz right now, but I know a lot of people would have major problems with that), but you have to look at the fact that James Marsters is 41 right now. Granted, he looks younger than that, but if Angel lasts for another 2 seasons, you're looking at a spin-off centering on a 20-something vampire (who isn't supposed to age) played by a 43+ year old actor. I don't know how long that could be sustained. The fact that Angel technically is supposed to look exactly the same as he did in Buffy Season 1 is becoming almost embarrassing. I guess that's the tough part of having a long-running show featuring characters who aren't supposed to change physically.

Oh, god please no. Anything but that. Yich.

I was one of those people who were SO happy when Spike. Finally. Died!!!

Yich. No. I mean that's just... yich.

I love Spike. I really do. I especially love him when he's snarky. But--Spike the TV show? Ugh. Nooooo--please don't do it!

Azaela, nice observation about the "aging of vampires" going on these days. I was talking to a friend about that recently--they can use lots of make up (and soft lighting?) to make Spike to look 20, but they can't do a lot about Angel not looking so cut these days.

(And please, all you Angel fans--I'm not saying that to put Angel down. Take a look at Buffy season one and Angel season five. You'll understand.)

I love Spike too, but it'd be weird if he had his own show. But if he had more time on angel? well, I wouldn't complain. :smiley:

I'd like to see it but the format is gonna have to be very different from Angel's to earn any respect. I dont know how anyone could pull it off but only the writers at Mutant Enemy even have a chance.
I also understand the aging issue. I think Marsters has pulled off looking the same better than Boreanez. Both of them have lost their early appearances. Marster's cheekbones arent anywhere close to being as sharp as they used to. He still looks like he's in his twenties or early 30s. Boreanez went through some serious weight issues towards the middle of last season. He finally got back into shape at the end and this season. Hey the show is based on the belief that we have to suspend our disbelief. The actors are still amazing as well as the writing.
As for the Spike haters. Cmon Buffy would be dead more than twice if it werent for him and Angel would be... well u know... dead dead. :P Cut him some slack.

I LOVE Spike. I watched a bit of Season 1 with my sister(I was in Gr.2 at the time), but when I saw Spike in Season 2 of Buffy in "School Hard" I was hooked! I watched the first few episodes of Season 3, but stopped watching the show on a regular basis because I missed Spike (this backfired since I missed "Lovers Lane"). I watched the end of Season 3, but I really became a hardcore Buffy fan when I saw Season 4, which had Spike in it again. Never missed an episode after that (if I did I'd tape it, Tuesday is cheap night at the movies you know). And Angel looks way more different than he did in Season 1 compared to Spike now to Season 2 of Buffy. I think Boreanaz was good looking in Season 1, but isn't really that good looking anymore. Could he have his own show? I think "Angel" would be dead without him. With Charisma gone James Marsters has brought life to the show, (be it Undead life), and "Angel" would suffer without his presence. The cast of Angel never seems to do anything, and they've even managed to make Gunn boring. The only one that's the least bit interesting anymore is Lorne. Spike's interactions with the characters of Angel and Fred have made their characters more interesting, when the rest of the cast (except for Harmony) seems stale. They've ruined Gunn and I never liked Wesley. "Angel" needs Spike, so he can't leave the show for his own.

Spike is just making everyone rethink their place like he did with buffy's gang. I have to disagree i always like Wes. From his Jerry Lewis days to his Marlboro Man days. The only character i've never really liked would be Xander. Don't ask me why.

Hey! Wes is cool too! Spike is by far my favorite character on Angel, but Lorne is my second. Wes is great too. I don't see whats not to like.

i dont 'think it will last tho, lol i dont' think i would watch it, it would be one of those on and off shows, watch whenever. I dont 'think angel will be cancelled very soon tho.

The Faith Show is probably next in line to be made once Tru Calling is cancelled. I doubt the Spike Show will ever be made. Spike is one of those characters who thrives off his surrounding characters. Without them he kinda loses his edge. But i would be interested in what Mutant Enemy could come up with and Marsters definitely has the skills as an actor. The best actor on Buffy or Angel IMO. Did anyone see the last 6 minutes of "Beneath You" from last season of Buffy? Brilliant acting.

How come whenever I hear the phrase "The Spike Show" I hear some corny 50's theme song in my head...Du duh du duh du duh..and some announcer guy intoning, "It's time for..The Spike Show! Starring, James Marsters, as Spike. Also starring...Don Knotts!" If you don't get that, then you should watch more old reruns. ;)

I say the Spike Show could work if Andrew and soem ghost incarnation of Anya tagged along. Imagine all the laughs. :P

Spike- Why do you keep following me?
Anya- He's gay
Spike- He is?
Andrew- I am?
Anya- What are you telling me you aren't?
Andrew- No im not gay
Spike- So now he isnt gay?
Andrew- Ok so all this time you guys thought i was gay?
*Spike and Anya look away*

I love Spike, but James Marsters is such a good actor it seems a shame to think that Spike might be all that he really gets to do.
:(

Back