Friends - Spin off

I read somewhere that the character Joey is getting his own spinoff that will air in 2004 when Friends is no longer on the air. I believe it was in a TV Guide on line format thing. Joey is a funny guy . . . but would that mean that him and Rachel won't last? It mentioned that Joey is going solo on this one . . . no other 'Friends' will star in it . . . unless as guest stars. It says that Joey will be moving to LA to further his acting career.

that would be cool but i don't know if it would be successful because one of them isn't that funny without the others u know. Maybe it will be like one of the late night shows like Jay leno u know those shows that are funny and also have guest stars. I hope it turns out good for him because i like joey he is so funny ;)

feeling_like_a_spy said:
i'm not sure.. sometimes spinoffs don't go well.. but joey in his own show!! TOTALLY HILARIOUS!!! :lol: haha can't wait...
I'll be watching it when it airs in September 2004. I'll kind of miss the others, but Joey is so damn funny. I hope it is enough to make it last more than one season.

when i found out i was sooooo excited!!!! i think that with a good script, the spin-off will be a success!

i heard this and joeys show is goin to be takin the time slot of friends. i think the show is goin ot have the same writers but im not 100% positive. im not sure bout the whole rachel thing, but i heard that the cast might be guest stars. im really excited about it.

Caro said:
when i found out i was sooooo excited!!!! i think that with a good script, the spin-off will be a success!
I agree. Plus it means that that we get to see some of the other charcters if they make guest appereances.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS DEFINITELY TRUE??

:king: Joey in hat at on/chan's wedding!

Yes, the Joey spinoff is definately happen. It'll take over Friends timespot next fall. I haven't heard of anyone else being added to the cast yet.

The rest of the Friends are very likely to make appearances on the show during sweeps.

I know I read somewhere that there was a possibility that "Phoebe" would continue on with her character. However, this is not known for sure and definitely not as well known as the spin-off starring Joey. Plus, you don't know since now Phoebe is engaged with Mike. But I could see how Joey and Rachel do not end up together since Ross just broke up with his girlfriend. I would be fun to see all of the Friends hook up, since thats what I always believed would happen. But deep down I wish Joey and Rachel would end up together, even though I used to say that about Ross too. I could see if Phoebe wasn't engaged that she would end up with Joey and not Ross. Which would work if she did in fact join the spin-off, but it hasn't been confirmed, so they are keeping us in the dark for the finale! :blush:

a lot of spin offs like this dont do very well...but i have a feeling if they put it on the same time slot as friends it will do AWSOME!

Matt LeBlanc had his own sitcom before that really bombed. It was a spin off from the "Married With Children" :blink:

Spinoffs work better when the character is less important (like Frasier). I don't know if this Joey thing will work. I think a spinoff starring Phoebe though, would be worth watching at least in the beginning to see if it would work. She's the only character who has me laughing anymore. That episode last season where she meets Mike's parents was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

that was really funny Phoebe and his folks, anyway i remeber joey and the show top of the heap, but this new spin off may work for him, i think it all depends on the other cast- ya know-the who chemistry of a new groupof friends for him to figure out, plus if he's going to furhter his acting career i bet they have an awful lot of really good guest stars! i'm looking forward to it!

in TVguide this week they had a brief little article that said that Jennifer Aniston has already told Matt LeBlanc that she'd "always be there for him" and that she'd definitley guest star :D

here's exactly what that TVguide article says:

"Jennifer Aniston says she will 'absolutely' be there for Matt LeBlanc next season when he launches his Friends spin-off. 'It's not even a question,' she says of doing a guest stint on Joey. 'It's going to be all of our Friends crew and Matt LeBlanc. I've already offered, just so I could have something to do.' Now if only they can get Gunther to commit..."

i hope it does well! ^_^

as long as they don't change a single thing about the joey character, i think this could do really well.

i also don't think that they should dwell on the other characters. i hard that they won't be making cameos (althought dadid schwimmer is thinking about making some appearances and even directing a few eps). he should just start his life as joey, ya know?

gosh, i'm talking about him like he's a real person. :P

i agree, if they keep bringing back old characters all the time for guest appearances it will be like Friends all over again...lol

besides, i dont think he will need them, i think the show will do well on it's own! ;)

Back