Animation Spirited Away (2001)

emetib

Cadet
Title: Spirited Away

Genre: Animation, Family, Fantasy

Director: Hayao Miyazaki

Cast: Rumi Hiiragi, Miyu Irino, Mari Natsuki, Takashi Naitō, Yasuko Sawaguchi, Tatsuya Gashūin, Ryunosuke Kamiki, Yumi Tamai, Yo Oizumi, Koba Hayashi, Tsunehiko Kamijô, Takehiko Ono, Bunta Sugawara, Shigeru Wakita, Shiro Saito, Michiko Yamamoto, Keiko Tsukamoto, Akio Nakamura, Shinji Tokumaru, Kaori Yamagata, Yayoi Kazuki, Masahiro Asano, Kazutaka Hayashida, Ikuko Yamamoto, Mina Meguro, Tetsurô Ishibashi, Katsutomo Shîbara, Shinobu Katabuchi, Noriko Kitou, Naoto Kaji, Yoshitaka Sukegawa, Aki Tachikawa, Noriko Yamaya, Katsuhisa Matsuo, Masayuki Kizu, Yôko Ôno, Sachie Azuma, Ken Yasuda, Shigeyuki Totsugi, Mayumi Saco, Sonoko Soeda, Akiko Tomihira, Minako Masuda, Orika Ono, Rina Yamada, Miwa Takachi, Hiromi Takeuchi, Makiko Oku

Release: 2001-07-20

Runtime: 125

Plot: A young girl, Chihiro, becomes trapped in a strange new world of spirits. When her parents undergo a mysterious transformation, she must call upon the courage she never knew she had to free her family.
Spirited Away (2001)

Has anyone else seen Spirited Away? It undoubtably deserved those three acadamy awards it got... It is a simply incredible movie. The animation is beautiful, its incredibly entertaining...

And I know its wrong to be attracted to an animated character, but I love Haku!!!! ;)

1) The animation is beautiful
2) The characters are loveable
3) The storyline itself is very intriguing
4) Its overall presentation is very nicely done
5) It leaves you wanting more

Not all of them are like Spirited Away, but some are kinda similar. My personal favorite is Tonari no Totoro (english title: My Neighbor Totoro). But if you can, get the original Japanese version... the english version kinda made it hokey. Another good one... Kaze no Tani no Naushika. Couldn't tell you the english name if my life depended on it. LoL This one's a little harder to understand, but more in line with Spirited Away.

I saw Spirited Away in the original Japanese. I think it's best that way... but then again, I understand Japanese (plus, there were subtitles :lol: ). It was fabulous.

I think I've hear of My Neighbor Totoro, but I've never seen it. I'd have to watch the english version becasue I don't know word of Japanese and reading all those subtitles would frustrate me after a while. ^_^

Spirited Away is definatly one of my favorite movies of all time, Hayao Miyazaki is a mastermind. I definatly recommend some of his earlier work Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, Castle In The Sky, all avalible on dvd. :D

I forgot about Kiki! I used to love that movie. :lol:

Man, these are all movies I grew up with. This is how my mom immersed me in her native culture.