Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spoilers are never important

• I'll comment something else

• Total voters

Tom

An Old Friend
Ever notice how people tend to get irritated when a movie, show episode or book is spoiled?
That there is a spoiler disclaimer needed and people will read it anyway?

Discussions concerning these things have to be worded just right so not to spoil the experience for those that have not seen or read the material. Its accepted as the right thing to do. To not spoil it for others.

Doesn't this restrict the participation of discussions on those possibly spoiled subjects?

Wouldn't it be better to have a section, site or special forum just for spoilers so people that have seen or read the subject can comment freely.
Wouldn't such a place imply with no doubt that there will be spoilers and if you don't want the material spoiled, don't read the discussions?

I would think that people who want to discuss the movies, shows and books that they have watched or read should have the same right to do so as people that don't want their experience spoiled.

I'm not sure a different section would be needed since there is a 'spoiler' tag available. I think a problem would be that conversation about a movie/show/book may end up scattered in several different places.

I was posing the question in general not directed to any forum or site in particular.
Had it been directed at Alien Soup I would have posted it in the suggestions forum.
In other words, its just an open discussion topic

If I haven't seen a movie et al I will generally check a review to see if it is going to be something worth spending time and money on, I always get irritated by Reviewers inability to leave details to the individual to discover.

If you are going to have a discussion about a movie whatever and are going to give away plot points then simply start the discussion topic with a spoilers warning.

I always get irritated by Reviewers inability to leave details to the individual to discover.
I think some reviewers give spoilers & other details sometimes just to show that they had access to an advance screener.

Back