SPORE: Creature Creator DL

Click Me

Incredible tool to play with.
TROGDOR
l_58e20cbe4a5cc0caa4fab2823787f5ed.png

Slea
l_6a80dd41386aaf3cb2c4f1936921380d.png

So, I bought it too, on the digital version, but it won't download for me.. Keeps saying I'm missing a flash player plugin after I've downloaded it! Grr...

spooooorrrrrreee.... <froths at the mouth>

I've been putzing around with it for awhile, I'm addicted and can't wait for it to fully be released.

I finally got it working. The plug in it wanted for some reason wouldn't download and install right from the site, but I accidentally went to a site with flash in it using IE, and that install worked.. I'm now making adorable little critters. Not sure how to show you all them, but adorable!

I finally got it working. The plug in it wanted for some reason wouldn't download and install right from the site, but I accidentally went to a site with flash in it using IE, and that install worked.. I'm not making adorable little critters. Not sure how to show you all them, but adorable!

If you upload them on the spore site and then search for your username, it should show all of them, just link that. :smiley:

I played with the creater demo too. This game looks fun. I tried to get to the demo at PAX but too many people crowding around it. Arrrgh!

I had alot of fun playing around with the creator. From what I've heard of the game itself its a wonderful toy but not a great game. It's supposedly alot of fun fooling around with all the possiblities early on in the game's evolution, but then once you hit the tribal phase, options start being reduced and your choices start having less and less effect on how the game progresses.

That means that it's immense fun to play around with, but as far as "completing" an entire storyline, it's a bit unfulfilling.

That said, I'm still really looking forward to getting this game/toy.

Yeah it has a very limited feel to it. It's lacking depth, is what I think the problem is. You have a goal, but there's not a lot else that you can do.

Space isn't much better, at least not to start off with.

And throughout the entire game, I felt like it needed a better tutorial. I kept having to look things up in their little in game manual, because they weren't explained clearly enough.

It's not too bad, I just wish in the later stages there was some option to view battles/cities/etc in that closer 3rd person view you have in the creature stage. And it is defiantly a fun "toy" so many different things to do, it's fun just to fool around. (I wwasen't expecting a serious game based on the previews so I was not disappointed). Although it would be awesome to have a realistic, deep, serious version of this game.

Back