Spring Sports

I'm either going to play soccer or softball.
I'm having the hardest time deciding though. will you help me decide?

okay here's reasons why i should join each team:

Softball:
-Some of my good friends are joining
-I'm pretty good at it
-I played all 3 years in middle school
-I have all the equiptment already

Soccer:
-Some of my other friends are joining
-I've played before in 2-5th grade
-I'm pretty good
-I want the soccer pants, and jaket because they are awesome!
-I've always been interested in the sport

reasons against each:

Softball:
-Some of the girls i don't really like are joining
-I hate the softball uniform
-It's been known that my HS's softball team sucks
-Iniciation is known to take place each year for freshman

Soccer:
-The popular girls are joining, which is intimidating for me
-Over half of the freshman girls are joining, which means I would probably be spending a lot of time on the bench because I'm good, but not that good.

so... which should i do?!

and which spring sports are you playing?

that's my lil dilema too! soccer vs. softball :D we don't have junior varsity teams in my school for those sports...so let's hope I can make the varsity team for one of them! then i shall decide. I've been on a team for both of them (mainly...soccer though!) i just regretting i never tried out for the volleyball team...but it was only in the fall and I was just confused about the entire high school process. :blink: i'm just reluctant to join teams in my school, since the practices are atleast two hours long, everyday, and it takes an hour to get home, not to mention the hw i get. :(

yeah, i know!! i get so much homework, and that practically eats your life away (homework and sports)... so i still have no idea! i found out anohter friend is playing softball at my school but i still really like soccer.... ahhh such a hard decision!!

I had to make the exact same decision last year, cuz softball and soccer are in the same seasons. But I went with Soccer, because I'd been playing for my whole life, and I'd only played softball for like 5 years. But, yeah that's just me.

Soccer, but I'm only saying that because I play year round and I love it.

Honestly dont let people who are going to try out for the team intimidate you. You don't know who will make it in the end and you never know what kind of friendships can develop out of geting to know people.

I had to make a decision like that in middle school-softball or volleyball. I picked volleyball because it was new for me and I stood out. I ended up quitting this year and I've been playing softball forever(since I was 5). I was on the JV team this year(im in 10th grade) and I'm now traveling with Varsity for states because I'm a pitcher. I'm absolutely loving it. Now I don't know why I picked volleyball instead of softball. I say-go with the one you enjoy the most. Which one makes you happier?Which one are you more likely to play at? Maybe these questions will help you....give it a try.

i'll be honest, i dont quite know what softball is all about, so i'll definately say soccer, the greatest sport in the world. you never know what friends you're going to make, whether they're poopular or not, so dont let that make your decision for you!

Back