Season 3 St Aidan

Chanel

Cadet
St. Aidan of Lindisfarne
An Irish monk who had studied under St. Senan, at Iniscathay (Scattery Island). He is placed as Bishop of Clogher by Ware and Lynch, but he resigned that see and became a monk at Iona about 630. His virtues, however, shone so resplendantly that he was selected (635) as first Bishop of Lindisfarne, and in time became apostle of Northumbria. St. Bede is lavish in praise of the episcopal rule of St. Aidan, and of his Irish co-workers in the ministry. Oswald, king of Northumbria, who had studied in Ireland, was a firm friend of St. Aidan, and did all he could for the Irish missioners until his sad death at Maserfield near Oswestry, 5 August, 642. St. Aidan died at Bamborough on the last day of August, 651, and his remains were borne to Lindisfarne. Bede tells us that "he was a pontiff inspired with a passionate love of virtue, but at the same time full of a surpassing mildness and gentleness." His feast is celebrated 31 August.

any one else for a try

Did anyone notice how the word St. Aidan was on Syd's birthday cake and was in teh care. I wonder what it is or what does it represent. Also did anyone catch a glimpse of the rimbaldi device right next to the cake.
Maybe just maybe, Syd lost her memory on purpose to protect herself and maybe she caught off lazeray hand for a good purpose. I dont know. just guessing.
:thinking: :eek:
What do you think.

so does St Aidan have any other meaning to Alias? or is it just a random thing

maybe thats a stupid question everything thats random on Alias ends up having some kind of meaning

We saw two references to St. Aidan: one on the birthday cake and one in the old car that Syd and Dixon were riding in the dream. I bet it is the name of the hospital where Sydney was taken to by the masked men. :D

Courtesy of Encarta..

In Northumbria the Christianity from Rome met Celtic Christianity, which had been brought from Ireland to Scotland by Saint Columba and then to Northumbria by Saint Aidan, who founded the monastery of Holy Island in 635. Although not heretical, the Celtic church differed from Rome in the way the monks tonsured their heads, in its reckoning of the date of Easter, and, most important, in its organization, which reflected the clans of Ireland rather than the highly centralized Roman Empire. At the Synod of Whitby in 664, Northumbria's King Oswy chose to go with Rome, giving England a common religion and a vivid example of unification. Theodore of Tarsus, who became archbishop of Canterbury in 668, created dioceses and gave the English church its basic structure.

Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2003. © 1993-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Yea it was both on the Cake and the Car.

I was thinking that it might have something to do with the angel outside of Julia's apartment...but maybe not.

Vaughn_Lovah said:

I was thinking that it might have something to do with the angel outside of Julia's apartment...but maybe not.
Oh, that fits in with my idea that it is somekidna of church/cathedral/orphanage or something! O.O which would totally fit in with peoples theorys that [highlight to see] Syd had a kid and then maybe she gave it up for adoption not knowing what else to do witht he kid but wanting to keep it safe? Which I know is totally far fetched considerign I just came up with it...but in an oddly freaky way it makes sence?

Dudes and dudettes:

I think we may all be looking in the wrong direction for the ID to St. Aidan. Could Aidan be Will's middle name? He has been the "saint" all along who stuck by her through the good, the bad, & the ugly.

IMHO, in Syd's dream, after she opens door #47, she sees St. Aidan--our pal Will.

Cudgel

~I know a lot of you saw the St. Adian last night on the car Syd drove to the party in. But there is one other thing i saw with St.Adian on it. It was Syd's birthday cake in the dream state. When her father gave her the knife and she went to cut the cake i thought how it was odd that the cake read St. Adian, not Happy Birthday Sydney or anything of the sort. Right after that, Syd looked up and was cutting Lazeray's hand off. I think that this will have some impack later on, but i'm not quite sure how or when it will come up again.~ :blush:

yea I noticed that on the cake and on the car, I thought that wa wierd. I thought that st. Adien was the name of the church that was in her dream though you know the one that she had in 3.07 but now I'm not sure

Okay I saw the St Aiden thing on the car and the cake, But did any body see the little Rambaldi device on the table by Weiss and Marshall as they were playing cards.

Vaughn_Lovah said:

ooh, I never thought of that! great idea! Wow, maybe the angel represents St. Aidan.

Back