Sci-Fi Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

Robby

Helper Bot
Title: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

Tagline: The human adventure is just beginning.

Genre: Science Fiction, Adventure, Mystery

Director: Robert Wise

Cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Stephen Collins, Persis Khambatta, James Doohan, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Majel Barrett, Grace Lee Whitney, Mark Lenard, Billy Van Zandt, Roger Aaron Brown, Gary Faga, Franklyn Seales, Joel Kramer, David Gautreaux, John Gowans, Howard Itzkowitz, Jon Rashad Kamal, Marcy Lafferty, Michele Povill, Jeri McBride, Terrence O'Connor, Michael Rougas, Susan O'Sullivan, Ralph Brannen, Ralph Byers, Paula Crist, Iva Lane, Momo Yashima, Jimmie Booth, Dave Moordigian, Tom Morga, Tony Rocco, Joel Schultz, Craig Thomas, Edna Glover, Norman Stuart, Paul Weber, Joshua Gallegos, Lisa Chess, Leslie C. Howard, Sayra Hummel, Junero Jennings, Christopher Doohan

Release: 1979-12-07

Runtime: 132

Plot: When a destructive space entity is spotted approaching Earth, Admiral Kirk resumes command of the Starship Enterprise in order to intercept, examine, and hopefully stop it.
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

I didn't much care for the movie. The writing was, at best, amateurish, relying on special effects to carry the story. Very disappointed.

Last edited:
I really liked the opening scene in which the Klingons attack VGer (without much success). the dim bridge, the cuneiform computer graphics, the Klingonese... and the music. male harmony and brass with a jingle, like cavalry (Klingons as Mongols).
sfx pretty dated today but great for its time. my fave scene from all the ST movies.