Sci-Fi Star Trek Vacation

LatinumHeart

Quirky Sci-Fi Enthusiast
Hello everyone!

I am in the midst of watching some Star Trek the Next Generation, and I as I am watching the Captain's Holiday, (where Jean-Luc Picard visits Risa) and I was wondering, would anyone like to visit Risa? And bring a horgon? lol

Also, I was also wondering, how come with a universe of planets discovered in the star trek universe there was only ONE pleasure planet?

If you were in the Star Trek universe, where would you vacation?

I am in the midst of watching some Star Trek the Next Generation, and I as I am watching the Captain's Holiday, (where Jean-Luc Picard visits Risa) and I was wondering, would anyone like to visit Risa? And bring a horgon? lol
No Horgon for me; I don't think Mrs. Kevin would understand why I would need one. :D

Also, I was also wondering, how come with a universe of planets discovered in the star trek universe there was only ONE pleasure planet?
It might be sort of like how the US evolved into having a city like Las Vegas in that it was originally a planet with a darker origin that eventually evolved into a more acceptable location. Makes you wonder though if there is a Klingon version of Risa.

If you were in the Star Trek universe, where would you vacation?
I'd be likely addicted to the holodeck.
GiveUp_zpsff96f5c8.gif

After Westworld, a pleasure world is off my to-do list.

But, with multiple worlds and races, the ability to travel and reach other places sits well with learning new things, or as I like to do, live amongst other cultures and communities and learn/experience how they live. We haven't quite run out of places for us to do this on our own planet, providing the internet super highway hasn't saturated us. Sitting on artificial beaches and clubbing all night then sleeping in most of the day is not for me (Club 18-30)

Yeah, the holodeck is cool. Kind of like a futuristic wii game on steriods (Yes, I know the "steriods" comment is overplayed in today's lexicon, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe it off the top of my head.) Anyway, it would be difficult for me to pick a planet to plan a vacation on from the Star Trek universe. It seems like a lot of recreational plans went haywire for the crew members and the next thing you know, it's time to abandon all hope of a vacation and fight your way out of some bad situation! I'll have to think of this some more, maybe go back and analyze a few more episodes before I can further discuss planetary vacation travel.

Back