TV Star Trek Discussion

Yeah, they really turned things around on the Vulcans, and it doesn't really make a lot of sense. Now, the part about logical training and suppression of emotion covering a very volatile nature makes sense and was indicated in the original series, but there was no indication whatsoever that the Vulcans were warlike, interested in manipulating other species, or scientifically iconoclastic. There were a couple of things they did with them on DS9 that I thought undercut the Vulcans as they had been originally conceived too, but overall, DS9 was my favorite Trek series.

I can't forget Spock!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How I identified with that character! (No wonder I like Jack, huh? High intellect and emotionally remote, lol!)
;)

verdantheart said:
Yeah, they really turned things around on the Vulcans, and it doesn't really make a lot of sense. Now, the part about logical training and suppression of emotion covering a very volatile nature makes sense and was indicated in the original series, but there was no indication whatsoever that the Vulcans were warlike, interested in manipulating other species, or scientifically iconoclastic. There were a couple of things they did with them on DS9 that I thought undercut the Vulcans as they had been originally conceived too, but overall, DS9 was my favorite Trek series.
Yes exactly
But I dont understand how the producers can portray the vulcans as almost the antagonists of the humans when enterprise is set 100 years before TOS.
So what they have a century to kiss and make up??? :blink:
It doesnt sound very Vulcan out to me

So what do you think? Has Enterprise improved? Gotten worse? What do you think of the various Xindi species?

I had to laugh. The promos made out this "sex slave" as running her way through the crew, male and female, and the story wasn't like that at all! :lol:
;)

I know . . . I don't trust promos after watching nemesis . . .

I mean the plot for that movie changed between when they were filming and releasing production info on startrek.com to when it was released . . .

I expected it to feature the Romulans more . . . I love romulans . . . but I admire them somewhat.

The movie mirrored The Wrath of Khan ....

from Data's death (died just like spock did) . . . to B4 working for Shinzon (the same way Chekov was manipulated by Khan) . . . to Shinzon expressing his hatred for the federation (he sounded like Khan a lot in that movie.)

I mean Shinzon should detest the Romulans more due to his upbringing . . . they tossed him aside to live with the Remans in a workcamp . .. but no, Shinzon would rather destroy Earth.

While Nemesis was not the worst Trek movie . .. the honor goes to Insurrection . . . I think it ripped off the storyline from The Wrath Of Khan too much.

I think Enterprise improved in season 2 . . . it really depends on how they tell the conflict between the Xindi and Enterprise for me to say that I love it more than DS9.

I like it more than Voyager . .. but I like DS9, TOS, and love TNG more.

Enterprise features tensions between the Vulcans and Humans . . . I think that is is true to TOS in that regard . . . not the militaristic part . . . of course but it I *guess* follows from still learning to be allied together . . . . left over from the conclusion from First Contact.

I mean the Romulans and Vulcans share common blood lines . . . but due to centuries of mistrust of both sides . . . reunification has been impossible...

In TNG Spock left for Romulans to start the reunification process by joing the Romulan underground . .. that effort was officially stopped by Sela (Tasha's daughter) . . . Spock remained . . . but peace talks didn't successfully start until Nemesis . . . if I'm wrong about that please correct me.

On the whole I have to say that I'm liking Enterprise more now than season 1 or 2.
I think the new Xindi direction has given the show more focus on the characters but Hoshi and Malcolm are still woefully undeveloped. :(
The episodes still seem to flip-flop though.
Eg. Impulse a great episode that shows superb acting. vs. Hoshi and the beast... erm I mean Exile where trek rips off Disney :confused:

Did you hear they're going to move Enterprise--to one of the most competitive hours on TV--9 pm E? Do they think it will do better against Angel, The West Wing, and The OC?
:blink:

its going to crash and burn.....I realy enjoy Enerprise but it wasnt pulling the ratings in Season 1 & 2 so unless they have something hidden up there sleeves......

Enterprise -- far more entertaining the Voyger, god that annoyed me

Yeah, I'm afraid I didn't care much for Voyager . . . I couldn't get the affiliate that UPN moved to for a while and it really didn't bother me much . . .
-_-

Latest rumors from Cinescape:

~~~
Scoop!
SCOOP: More ENTERPRISE gossip
Remember that anonymous scooper that told us there was "fear on the set of ENTERPRISE"? Well, they're back.
Dateline: Thursday, January 29, 2004

By: PATRICK SAURIOL
By: News Editor
Source: Anonymous

As we first reported last week, a scooper contacted us with what they claimed was inside information about the mood of the crew on the set of STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE. The UPN series, the fifth in the TREK franchise, has had a number of rumors circling it like dark clouds, some of which were confirmed and others dismissed by Paramount and ENTERPRISE brass.

After we ran our first scoop about ENTERPRISE, and after the weekend of the Television Press tour, the same person contacted us again with what they claimed was more inside information about the production. We will present what they told us with the caveat that the following report is unconfirmed and should be treated as gossip right now, for reasons that will become clear in a moment:

"It would seem the lackluster support of ENTERPRISE by Les Moonves and Dawn Ostroff at this weekend's UPN press junket has gotten the attention of Garry Hart, President of Paramount Television Productions. Quiet for some time regarding the dismal performance of his division's most important moneymaker, it has been rumored that Hart may be planning as early as March to make concessions to UPN to help keep ENTERPRISE on the air. From an insider in John Wentworth's office at Paramount Television's Marketing and Media Relations Department, a memo has been spotted suggesting Hart may be waiting until after ENTERPRISE's February sweeps performance to announce the possible replacement of some of the show's production staff, to possibly include longtime TREK Executive Producer Rick Berman. There is no word at this time of any possible replacements."

As you can see, the information our scooper sent to us is riveting but also extremely next to impossible to verify -- and that is why we are stressing that it should be taken as speculatory at this stage.

Hours before the annoucement of this week's shuffling of ENTERPRISE to its 9 PM timeslot (beginning in March), we were sent another message from the same scooper. Again, we present what they had to say to us as they sent it:

"The mood at ENTERPRISE, however, is mixed. Some fearing a dreaded Friday time slot are relieved the change is minor. Others, however, are less than optimistic considering the lead in shows of GAME OVER and THE MULLETS and think this may be a setup for disaster.

And as I reported earlier, the set is still awash with concern that within a month or two, there may be a new 'captain' in the Executive Producer's chair. There is concern that Rick Berman's future with the beloved TREK franchise may be coming to an end, making less certain than before the future of ENTERPRISE and a possible fourth season."

The reason we are choosing to now publish the scooper's two reports, even though we cannot confirm if this is truly the mood on the set of ENTERPRISE, is the mention of the timeslot change slightly ahead of the time the news broke online. Whether there are definitive plans for Paramount to remove producer Rick Berman from the STAR TREK franchise or a "memo" circulating in their offices remains unknown, but we still felt that it was necessary to print what was being told to us at this time. Fans reading this article are again stressed to keep this in mind; these are rumors right now and not known facts, and until our scooper chooses to show us hard proof of their claims or we discover another means to confirm what they are telling us, an open mind should be kept.

It may simply take time to determine if what we are being told is an accurate portrayal of events happening to ENTERPRISE or some individual crying wolf. With February around the corner and sweeps imminent, the final answer to these speculative questions should be known soon.
~~~
Let the speculation begin!
;)

Hello my Alias/Trek buddies. Out of all, i think my fave series was TNG. Fave movie being First Contact. Fave character being Data. He's just funny!

DS9 and Voy were cool too but never could get in to TOS. Never really on TV.

Enterprise is really picking up in it's 3rd season. I'm liking the new changes. But in the end... ALias wins out as my fave program. ;)

So many of you visit Outpost10f.com ??? If u see me there (as Dead-Drop too) say Hi :smiley:

Is it wrong for me to be proud of the fact I can do the Vulcan hand gesture with both hands?

Has anyone here ever read the "Star Trek: New Frontier" books by Peter David?

Best. Tie-Ins. Ever. (IMHO at least)

Back