TV Star Trek Discussion

My favorite Series is most definatly Voyager, but I've seen most of DS9 and TNG, unlike most of you, I hate new turn that Enterprise has taken, I really think Roddenberry is rolling around in his grave about the Xindi thing. It's not "Star Trek" anymore, Voyager had more exploration in one episode than the whole last season.
My favorate character on Voyager was B'Elanna, I also love "Faces" but "Extreme Risk" was my fav. I thought in the last episode they smashed her character. Come on, the real B'Elanna would have demanded Paris to be there during the birth, not have said some sickly-sweet thing about how the Doctor was there and all. }}:|
I can do ling long and prosper with both of my hands too, when I was younger i tried to get my feet to do it too, it didn't work very well.

valanthaliadon said:
Come on, the real B'Elanna would have demanded Paris to be there during the birth, not have said some sickly-sweet thing about how the Doctor was there and all. }}:|
The Doctor probably had her doped out of her mind.

I got to meet George Takei (mr Sulu from original) last week at Supanova in Sydney. got photos and autographs with him. Geez he was nice, only talked to him for about 5 minutes but he was really was a nice guy

I wont go to say that i'm a closet trekkie but...I haven't really confessed it to a lot of people lol...

But my favorite series is Voyager hands down...best trek yet

Favorite character Captain Janeway of course (met Kate Mulgrew twice at conventions)

Favorite episode would either be the two hour finale (really good) or another two part episode called "Year of Hell" good eps

You mean ENDGAME right? I like that ep too..

I'm also a member of the Dutch ST site/forum and almost everybody over there thinks voy sucks and that Endgame was a weak finale. Stupid huh?

It's interesting how much everyone here likes Voyager . . . maybe it's the younger demo. Personally, when UPN moved to a station that I couldn't pull in for a while, I found that I wasn't horribly disappointed. I found that I really could take it or leave it. Now, if it had been DS9, it would have been a different story . . .
:confused:

I'm an Next Generation kinda gal Picard, Data, Troi, Riker, Geordie they are all who I grew up with as a kid I was even born when it was started I was 2.I've been less impressed with the other incarnations Enterprise I like DS9 was okay but not the best.out of the episodes I've watched of Voyager its okay.but TNG stills my favourite I suppose cause of Data

verdantheart said:
It's interesting how much everyone here likes Voyager . . . maybe it's the younger demo. Personally, when UPN moved to a station that I couldn't pull in for a while, I found that I wasn't horribly disappointed. I found that I really could take it or leave it. Now, if it had been DS9, it would have been a different story . . .
:confused:
I've never seen Voyager :lol: :blink: All the others though ^_^

I am a true trekkie as well, I have watched all of the 5 series of Star Trek and all of the films, I started out watching The Original Series and got hooked on it.

There is a Star Trek eleventh film coming out from what i read from Rick Berman (a producer on Star Trek), this film will be a prequel to The Original Series with Kirk and Spock and the film will not be related to Enterprise that is on UPN now with Archer and T'Pol.

Woohoo! The Trekkie thread!! :D

TNG is definitely my favourite series, especially since I saw my first ep (some ep in the 1st season) when I was just a few days ago. I'm a huge Troi/Riker shipper, er, was one and I just loved Deanna's eccentric mother Lwxanna!! :lol: Voyager and DS9 were good too.

I don't really like the OS (cuz it's old and I find it cheezy) or Enterprise (too many d*mn paradoxes!) but I respect 'em. They are good in their own respects.

I can do the Vulan sign with both hands too... now I just need to learn Klingon ;)

The sci fi channel site has posted several spoilers for the upcoming season of Enterprise.

It's interesting to note that though TOS might seem dated, at the time (in the first season, certainly not the third when they pretty much gave up) several episodes came closer to exemplifying "classic" or "hard" science fiction than the more recent series (with their reliance on technobabble, time paradox stories, etc). Plus, they were better at 1) evoking a sense of wonder or alien-ness and 2) laughing at themselves. But I guess you had to be there . . . I'm dating myself, darn it. ;) But although I'm defending it in a sense, DS9 is still my favorite, complain though I might about a few flaws.

Interesting, though, I always rather cringed when Lwxanna appeared (and wondered why she had to come over to DS9 . . .). But I didn't care for Quark's mother, either. Brunt, however, was a hoot ("You disgust me!"). ^_^ To each his/her own, huh?
✌️

Katrina Halliwell said:
:confused: Who's Brunt?
[post="951322"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Brunt is a recurring Ferengi character played by Jeffrey Combs (who also played Weyoun). He's the guy who closed down Quark's bar for a while and had his eye on becoming Grand Nagus. ;)

Frogboy_Lives said:
Is it wrong for me to be proud of the fact I can do the Vulcan hand gesture with both hands?
[post="718685"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No...not wrong. But then again, I'm the kid doing it in school photos! And me, Meg, and our friend Wardat made up an Alias/Trek hand gesture, one of us does a sign language 'S', the next does a sign language 'V', and the last does 'Live long and prosper'! It rocks!

Then again, I'm also the same kid who drew the comunicator thingy on her school shirt, and wrote 'gaStaH nuq' on the back. (What's happening? in Klingon)

I used to watch TOS reruns when I was little, and I think Enterprise totally rocks! Total Trip/T'pol 'shipper here!

Oh, and there is a funny video clip, "Publishing, the final frontierr", from a corporate video. Just click on Excerpt 6, it's hilarious. (All of them are, actually.)

Jai

amok.jpg

No, you are not the only trekkie/trekker, or whatever the hell they prefer to be called these days, here.

I would have to say that my favorite series is DS9. TNG was also good, but in retrospect, DS9 had better writing. The Dominion war just really turned the series around. My favorite character would have to be Q. I mean come on now.. Who wouldn't wanna be omnipotent? My next Fav. would have to be Seven of Nine, followed by The Doctor (Robert Picardo) from voyager.

Back