what do you think of star wars?

• bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • very bad

• hate it

• Total voters
I'll be ready for when "Revenge Of The Sith" hits the big screen on May 19 - and in due time, it'll be interesting to see if (most likely) the entire saga (episodes 1-6) gets released in one huge DVD box set. :starwars:

I can't wait for the next movie either. :woot:
One of my best mates, Leigh is completely obsessed with Star Wars and now that is all he can talk about. It will be good to finally shut him up and see the thrilling last instalment. :smiley:
The light saber fights look like they are gonna be so cool. :starwars:

Alias_rocks_87 said:
I can't wait for the next movie either.  :woot:
One of my best mates, Leigh is completely obsessed with Star Wars and now that is all he can talk about. It will be good to finally shut him up and see the thrilling last instalment.  :smiley:
The light saber fights look like they are gonna be so cool.  :starwars:
[post="1299708"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

this third movie is going to rock! only a couple more days now and then its here...

No don't worry you're not the only crazy one! :lol:
Good thing with me is that most of my friends are even more mad about it than I am and have already got tickets to see it when it first comes out.
It looks soo cool though.

:starwars:

^I love this emotion

It's sad but I still think that old trilogy rules
:starwars:
P.S: Did anyone notice that in new dvd edition Luke's jedi sword is in different color...

Did anyone also notice that in the 2004 Re-release of the original trilogy, in VI, the ghost of Anakin is not Sebastian Shaw, but Hayden Christensen? I like that they did that, and was surprised, but many fans had a problem with it.

I became a fan when I was released, as I was only about the age of Anakin in the movie and hadn't seen the original trilogy; but I made sure to watch all of them before III was released. Here's my list from best to worst:

1.) V
2.) IV
3.) III
4.) VI
5.) I
6.) II

I know that many fans would switch numbers 5 and 6, seeing episode one as the worst of them all, but having just watched it again on DVD, I have to admit I like it better than II and think Jar Jar is good comic relief--why does everyone give him such a hard time? :blush: :lol:

Also, I am sooo phsyched for the re-relase of ALL the films next year in 3-D celebrating the 30th anniversary of the franchise. George Lucas keeps coming up with great ideas to keep the sega alive forever.

I've been a rabid fan since I was about 8 or 9. I can still remember the first time I saw each of the movies. I'll certainly be watching the tv show :sly:

I'm not sure how I would rate them. In the end I really like them all. I had begun to lose my appreciation of the prequels, but then I watched the saga in order over two days. Wow. I'm so glad I did. Star Wars will always have laughable dialogue and wooden acting (for the most part), but the movies are able to reach above all of that and become truly wonderful. When you watch them back to back, you are able to really immerse yourself in the story.

And OMGYAY! for the 3D. I'm planning on getting a killer entertainment system soon, so that will be so crazy cool with the 3D. My mind will explode. Yes!

I was so glad that the episode 3 turned out the way it did. It felt like the first few didn't have the right feel. They went through a sort of identity crisis, but the third one pulled everything together.

There are alot of sites and books dedicated to the Star Wars universe depicted in the films, comics, novels, and video games. I'm assuming your actually looking for the more "behind the scenes" info rather than the finished story, locations, and characters.

The easiest place to start is to find someone with the DVD boxed set for the original Star Wars trilogy, it has 4 DVDs, 3 are the movies and the 4th is marked "Bonus Material". This 4th DVD has the featurette "Empire of Dreams" (it was shown on A&E a while back). In it they mention alot of the behind the scenes history of how the story was made, marketing franchise, the casting for the various key characters, location shoots, model making, use of matte paintings, CGI effects for the Special Ediction, sound effects, filming techniques and special effects along with the various changes in technology that were developed and used between the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy... basically it touches on a lot of the stuff you listed in your question, but you may have to look through it a few times to catch all the various details they mention (they tend to kinda fly by in a lot of cases) since it crams about 30 years worth of Star Wars movie making into about 3 hours or so.

Of course a single DVD isn't going to be enough to I've tried to find as many possible "behind the scenes" books that could go into futher detail. I haven't read any of them, but their summaries give the impression that they may provide the "real world" behind the scenes stuff like the Empire of Dreams DVD above.

I like Star Wars. The first three movies were outstanding, however, the most recent entries into the franchise were just ok. My favorite character is probably Chewie. Enjoyed the Cantina scene in the original movie. Another cool scene from the original trilogy comes from Return of the Jedi: It involved the Emperor being his usual nasty self about ready to end Skywalker's life and then Darth Vader intervenes to save Skywalker, thus redeeming himself. It was powerful. Last, but certainly not least, is the imcomparable Princess Leia. Not only was Carrie Fisher a very good actress (and still is I am certain), but to see her in that metal bikini was awesome! I am also a big fan of Star Trek. Well done sci-fi movies are always of interest to me.