Star Wars Galaxies

Riceman said:
It got me back. My soul belongs to SOE. :(

Nooooooo!

*sprinkles Holy Water on Riceman*
*dawns cape*
*oders pizza in preperation for a long night*

You know what? I went back earlier this year but my Master Teras Kasai I did not touch. - And never will.

So was it the new Expertise System??
 

Karetyr

Cadet
Thaos Nightwind said:
Nooooooo!

*sprinkles Holy Water on Riceman*
*dawns cape*
*oders pizza in preperation for a long night*

You know what? I went back earlier this year but my Master Teras Kasai I did not touch. - And never will.

So was it the new Expertise System??

It was....the desire to harvest again, of all things. :eek:
 
Lucas took away SoE's lisence for Star War's MMO's and gave it to BioWare who is making one now.

Does this mean SWG is over? I think I heard at the end of the year, it's closing.
 
Kylie said:
Lucas took away SoE's lisence for Star War's MMO's and gave it to BioWare who is making one now.

Does this mean SWG is over? I think I heard at the end of the year, it's closing.

I hadn't heard anything official on that at all. You have a link or something by chance. Last I heard it was all rumor and both SOE and Lucas denied it but that doesn't make it not true.

I am curious to see what BioWare makes with the HeroEngine though. Maybe we will see it before we see HJ lol :P
 
Kylie said:
I'll find the link later, I'm tired. I think it was on MMORPG.COM or somthing.

I think that was all rumor mill stuff. It was also 7 or 8 months ago and still no change or official announcement. And from reading up on a couple things, I believe SOE has the license until 2007 with a requirement to run the servers through 2008 but not sure if that is true or not.

However, I have heard talks of a new SW MMO but nothing official there yet either. I am kind of hoping that is what BioWare is doing with the HeroEngine :D
 

Evran

Cadet
Homeslice513 said:
I think that was all rumor mill stuff. It was also 7 or 8 months ago and still no change or official announcement. And from reading up on a couple things, I believe SOE has the license until 2007 with a requirement to run the servers through 2008 but not sure if that is true or not.

However, I have heard talks of a new SW MMO but nothing official there yet either. I am kind of hoping that is what BioWare is doing with the HeroEngine :D
As a fun little side story related to this:

I was talking with a guy at work who plays videogames, but has never touched an MMO, and out of the blue he mentions that he heard there was going to be a new SW MMO coming out developed by BioWare through a new engine they bought. HerosEngine is reaching people outside our little circle of fandom. Of course he knew nothing about HJ... or even Simutronics' name, just that BioWare purchased a new engine and was using it to develop a SW game. He didn't even know the name of the HeroEngine, actually, simply that it existed and was in BioWares hands....

Hrm. Get crackin Simu! He knew all sorts of little details about the rumors from the BioWare side of things, but not one single piece of info directly related to Simu. Me thinks you need to be promoting yourself more.:mad:
 

Karetyr

Cadet
I really, really, really hope that BioWare is in fact making a new SW MMO.

I also hope that it's better than SWG, but at the same time, dread that it won't be the same as the original SWG....
 
I

Ivellious

Guest
I really don't have a say, I got the starter pack from gamestop of SWG recently, after the revamp hit. Tried it out and.....it was just to...clunky for my liking, bugs here and there, the only thing i really liked about it was space combat, i liked that alot.
 
Riceman said:
I really, really, really hope that BioWare is in fact making a new SW MMO.

I also hope that it's better than SWG, but at the same time, dread that it won't be the same as the original SWG....

I doubt it, but as you said I hope for it also. I think its almost (not totally) gotten to the point where the sw series is over used. Now granted most of the titles suck but still.

Whenever Bioware creates a new title my expectations are always very very high and for the most part they have never let me down. So hopefully we'll get some info on whatever they are cooking up over there.
 
Dirk Gently said:
I curse SOE's inky black heart, infact I curse it every time I reinstall SWG and renew my account.

Sucker! Ha.. kidding. SWG was fun for awhile. I think I quit just about the time the first Jedi's started showing up on servers. I never saw one in person, though. I was tempted to try again after the 'great upheaval,' but my friends tied me up until the temptation passed. Hoo wah.
 

blur

Cadet
It's OK... I really do understand the desire, once in a while, to run around with a blaster and gun down Stormtroopers and stuff... I sometimes feel the pull, too, but I'm not going to do anything about it I don't think.
 

Karetyr

Cadet
Interestingly, they're bringing "Beast Mastery" and "Genetic Engineering" into the game as expertise trees for every class.

They're also adding greenhouses.

I kid you not.
 

blur

Cadet
OMG, I know someone very near and dear to Dirk over on our TCO forums who is going to throw a ----ing fit when he hears that. I don't want to be around when it happens.
 

blur

Cadet
Aye, that's what I just referred to. I know a guy who built his whole character around it, and when they nerfed it, he didn't just quit the game, he deleted the character and vowed never to play an SOE game again. He is going to go ----ing MENTAL when he hears of this backflip.
 
Top