Star Wars Galaxies

MY SWG history is so checkered, even I lose track of it.

I was an utter dev board nut, resulting in me being one of the only foreigners in Beta 1. Then I went through all the other beta tests... then I moved house and lost broadband before the game went live.

Came into the game pre-CU or pre-NGE... or both... regardless, I found screenies the other day of a whole character I had made during this era that I had actually forgotten about, and the interface is definitely old school... but it's not beta. I can't even correlate this with the TCO forums, as we're onto our third or fourth forum at this stage, so a lot fo the really old material is lost.

Then I tried again post NGE and didn't like it. Then six months later I tried it again, and actually stuck it out for a few months. Yeah, for a game that I highly anticipated for so long, and actually became quite a dev forum "personality" for a year or two (I still find websites that reference my posts on different things), I had a very strange gaming experience... and ultimately didn't amount to much in it.

Sadly I didn't beta test SWG and myself and my guild played it for all of maybe 2 months we pretty much owned the Bloodfin server (the economy was entirely based off us and we had the best equipment in the game and wouldn't sell it to anyone so we ruled the PvP world as well) We got bored fast with its horrible gameplay, exploits and lag problems and all of us refuse to even look at the game now.

I've beta tested many MMO's but SWG was one of my fav's. That game was a blast for the first few yesrs, but it all went down hill with the NGE. To bad too...

Yep, SOE created the case study in "what NOT to do to an MMO no matter how much you think you're 'fixing' it..."

Back