Animation Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Re: Promo Photos Pop as Clone Wars TV Premiere Approaches

I saw it last night and it was not too bad! I think Yoda was a little overdone and the droids were too comic, but I was surprised at the actual showing of cold blooded murder! The second episode was way better, anyone else see it?

S1E4: Destroy Malevolence

It is no secret that Lucas modeled the original Star Wars trilogy (now considered the second trilogy, movies 4-6)) he used a number of influences, everything from Kurosawa to WWII aerial dogfights over England between the RAF & the Luftwaffe.

I noticed with the new animated series that Lucas is taking it one step further by directly modeling the series after the old Saturday Matinee serials from the 1930's & 40's. From the voice over descriptions at the beginning of each episode to the upcoming previews, everything between could have come straight out of the old Flash Gordon shorts.

It is also an oddity having the show airing at 9:00 PM, an hour not usually known for 'kids' fare, with some of the subject certainly not meant for kids but the comic relief provided by the Empire droids is purely juvenile at best. Last weeks episode was based around the planned genocide of 30,000 injured Republic soldiers and yet we keep seeing scenes of the droids that seem more fit for the old Star Wars: Droids animated series from the mid-80's than for a modern mature series.

I would have preferred that Lucas either split the series into two shows, one intended for kids and the other for adults, or to have at least made one show with a clearly defined audience rather than trying to make a jack-of-all-trades efforts.

I think that George Lucas has done a great job with Star Wars The Clone Wars.

I was introduced to Star Trek and Irwin Allen's Lost in Space somewhere around the age of 13 through my father although I'd begun watching Star Wars Episode I a little bit before that. I think the best of the prequel movies are Episode I The Phantom Menace thanks to the Qui Gon Jinn, Young Kenobi vs Darth Maul battle set to the awe inspiring 'Dual of the Fates' score and Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

However, I think that the prequel movies pail in comparison to the sheer classy retro goodness of the Classic Original Star Wars Trilogy from the seventies.

The Classic Star Wars Trilogy has a beautiful and uncanny magical quality that isn't seen in the prequel trilogy. There is an other worldly almost surreal spiritual goodness within Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back that cannot been seen in the prequel trilogy (in my opinion) that sets the classic stories aside from the new prequel trilogy and I see this same property in the upcoming Sword and Planet epic from Disney 'John Carter of Mars'.

Contrary to the prequel trilogy the animated series 'Star Wars The Clone Wars' has begun to come very nigh to attaining that magical, other worldly moral and spiritual soul that embodies the classic Star Wars Trilogy. Such episodes as 'Lair of Grievous', 'Holocron Heist', 'Children of the Force', 'The Zilo Beast', 'R2 Come Home' and 'Lethal Trackdown' have totally and completely impressed me beyond measure. I never thought that an animated TV program could excel and surpass the quality of a live action movie and here I am enjoying this animated Star Wars series more than I did the Star Wars prequels.

If you guys haven't seen it yet then I'd highly recommend that those of you who enjoy Star Wars watch the Star Wars The Clone Wars episodic arcs 'Landing At Point Rain', The Nightsisters Trilogy and The Mortis Saga. Those three movements are perhaps the height of of epicness within the last two seasons of Star Wars The Clone Wars and season IV looks to be just as exciting as seasons II and III. Another must watch episode of the third season is 'Wookie Hunt'.

i also like the series a lot! just gives the star wars universe a lot more depth to it. but i really want to see the series they want to produce which ist set between episode III and IV !

LucasFilm Disney has announced that after several seasons Star Wars: The Clones Wars animated series is coming to a close at the end of the fifth season.

Also announced was that Star Wars: Detours, the comedy based series from Seth Green & the crew behind Robot Chicken, is postponed indefinitely.
(Detours was) conceived and produced before we decided to move forward with the new Star Wars trilogy, and in the wake of that decision, Lucasfilm has reconsidered whether launching an animated comedy prior to the launch of Episode VII makes sense.

Also announced was that Star Wars: Detours, the comedy based series from Seth Green & the crew behind Robot Chicken, is postponed indefinitely.
I guess Disney was not exactly thrilled about having a show that was based entirely around satirizing the franchise that they just paid a few billion dollars for.

Lucasfilm has announced that a sixth & final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be available for streaming on Netflix!

Titled The Lost Missions, the 13-episode season will debut on March 7, 2014. The season promises to reveal "some of the deepest mysteries of the conflict between the light and dark sides of the Force leading to a series finale."

Under multi-year deal with Disney, Netflix will be the exclusive subscription service for for the entire Clone Wars series, including 'Directors Cut' versions of episodes never aired before on TV, and the 2008 full-length film.

Clone Wars takes place between Star Wars episodes II & III (Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith).