Sci-Fi Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Title: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Tagline: Every generation has a story.

Genre: Adventure, Action, Science Fiction, Fantasy

Director: J.J. Abrams

Cast: Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Max von Sydow, Peter Mayhew, Gwendoline Christie, Joonas Suotamo, Pip Andersen, Simon Pegg, Kiran Shah, Sasha Frost, Pip Torrens, Andrew Jack, Rocky Marshall, Greg Grunberg, Emun Elliott, Brian Vernel, Yayan Ruhian, Sebastian Armesto, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Warwick Davis, Cailey Fleming, Mark Stanley, Ken Leung, Iko Uwais, Anna Brewster, Harriet Walter, Tim Rose, Erik Bauersfeld, Mike Quinn, Bill Kipsang Rotich, Michael Giacchino, Nigel Godrich, Judah Friedlander, Victor McGuire, Miltos Yerolemou, Billie Lourd, Leanne Best, Crystal Clarke, Jeffery Kissoon, Claudia Sermbezis, Gerald W. Abrams, Jim McGrath, Philicia Saunders, Morgan Dameron, Jessica Henwick, Tosin Cole, James McArdle, Stefan Grube, Dixie Arnold, Hannah John-Kamen, Kate Fleetwood, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Brian Herring, Dave Chapman, Jimmy Vee, Cecep Arif Rahman, Ian Whyte, Daniel Craig, Ewan McGregor, Frank Oz, Alec Guinness, Tom Kane, Catherine Taber, Matthew Wood, Samuel Witwer, Meredith Salenger, James Arnold Taylor, Michael Donovan, Devon Libran, Robert Stambler, Verona Blue, Fred Tatasciore, Patrick Correll, Karen Huie, Orly Schuchmacher, Ben Schwartz, Mark Dodson, Yang Liang, David Acord, Jamie B. Chambers, David M. Santana, Francesca Longrigg, D.C. Barns, Tom Edden, Richard Riddell, Jefferson Hall, Jack Laskey, Christina Chong, Daniel Adjei, Charlie Akin, Adrian Allan, Samantha Alleyne, Paul Biddiss, Hannah Blamires, Rony Bridges, Stuart Budd, Calvin Chen, Alan Chimes, Jamie Clay, Bern Collaço, David W. Collins, Cavin Cornwall, Rowan Cox, Nathalie Cuzner, Rimmel Daniel, Keith De'Winter, Adrian Derrick-Palmer, Michael Dickins, Cameron Edwards, Mick Fryer-Kelsey, Jesse Michael Fullington, Gloria García, Salo Gardner, Caroline Garnell, Chris Geden, Clare Glass, Versha Grant, Steven James Griffiths, Gary Hailes, Tim Hammersley, Chris Hastings, Marina Hayter, Kelvin Hewlett, Matthew Hobbs, Phil Hodges, Leigh Holland, Kevin Hudson, Phoenix James, Zander James, Tobias James-Samuels, Paul Kasey, Aaron Kennedy, Aidan Knight, Sanj Krishnan, Lukas Landau, Andrei Lenart, Jorge Leon Martinez, Julia Leyland, Billy James Machin, Hamza Malik, Raymond Mamrak, Kelsey Edwards, Kenny-Lee Mbanefo, David McCarrison, Sandeep Mohan, Benjayx Murphy, Robert Strange, Charlie Nevett, Jason Nicholls, Terry Noble, David Norfolk, Tatsujiro Oto, Gillian Pittaway, Nathan Plant, Elroy Powell, Jay Rincon, Marc Rolfe, Julio Romeo, Arti Shah, Kat Sheridan, Stephanie Silva, Jasper Skinner, Sandy Kate Slade, Clem So, Benito Sovrano, Karol Steele, François Sternkiker, Frank Stone, Andy Sweet, Peter Theobalds, Pablo Verdejo, Ashley Ward, Paul Warren, Topo Wresniwiro, Joshua Ásberg, Bill Hader, Joe Cash

Release: 2015-12-15

Runtime: 136

Plot: Thirty years after defeating the Galactic Empire, Han Solo and his allies face a new threat from the evil Kylo Ren and his army of Stormtroopers.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

With Episode VII taking place about 30 years after Return Of The Jedi I think it is inevitable that some elements of the original trilogy will be present to transition to the new actors & story lines.

I just hope Disney doesn't go overboard by making it a kids film like Episode 1 turned out.

The first full length trailer is out! I... I want see this one; might actually go to a theater for it. :jedi:

I do too, Kevin. I just put the 3ds over my scripts - works okay but looks ridiculous. You could also remove the ear mounts and glue some pipe cleaner hooks to then so they hook onto your glasses like those sunglasses for glasses.

I actually turned on ESPN last night to watch the trailer. Looks pretty awesome possum. Did anyone purchase tickets for the movie before all the ticket places crashed last night?

I didn't even try; my guess is the local theaters will be a mob scene for the first week of release. I'll wait a bit until the crowds settle down so I can catch it as a quieter matinee.
That's the best way to go. I have in the past have gone to the 1st day or premiere night of films, but it has gotten worse through the years. Too much humanity and I can't enjoy the film with all the overcrowding of people. I don't mind anymore going to blockbuster films a few days or a week later.

Any theories on why C-3PO has a red arm in The Force Awakens?

Here a new Duracell commercial shows the arm clearly.

Star Wars Comic Book to Explain C-3PO’s Red Arm

Some may take a cynical mindset and say that Abrams changed C-3PO’s appearance for the sake of marketing gimmicks such as this, but even if you’re not interested in reading the comic, there is a logical real-world explanation for the switch. C-3PO is a very old robot, having been around at least since Anakin Skywalker was a 9-year old boy. It stands to reason that, over the course of the many decades he’s been in operation, C-3PO would need some maintenance from time to time. The comic just provides an official reasoning for those who are interested.

In the grand scheme of things, the red arm is largely insignificant, but it is nice to see Lucasfilm do something to address it instead of leaving it as a random alteration.

STWC3PO2015001_DC11.jpg

Comics Relief: Marvel Reveals the Story Behind C-3PO’s New Red Arm | Nerdist

We have a bad feeling about this, and when we thought about it really, really, really carefully, there was only one conclusion. C-3PO may well have joined the Dark Side/First Order.

Now before you think we've really lost it, pause for a second and think: Luke Skywalker has previously been rumoured to have strayed from his noble path in Episode VII, so it's hardly unreasonable to think that C-3PO might have followed him.

Or y'know, perhaps he might join the First Order in protest, after being traded in for a younger, cuter droid like BB-8?

82969.gif

Has C-3PO joined The Dark Side or is he just seeing red?

The Japanese market trailer has dropped. Ooooooh, that shot of the Tie fighters coming in with sun setting behind them..... :love:

Last edited:
For anybody with Verizon FiOS, check out channel 601 the night of the Monday the 14th.

Stay tuned to this channel for:
A Verizon Exclusive TV Presentation

Star
The Force Awakens
Wars
In theaters December 18

World Premiere
Live Red Carpet Event
Monday, December 14, 2015
8:30 PM EST/5:30 PM PST*​

For anybody with Verizon FiOS, check out channel 601 the night of the Monday the 14th.
For the most part the Verizon coverage was pretty boring except for this part where Carrie Fisher may have... uhm, how to put this delicately... missed taking some meds.

Cam Copies hit the web yesterday - I will wait till there is a clean one. I was gunna go see it in 3d but after reading some comments on it I think I will just wait.

12 days. That is how long it took for Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens to gross $1 Billion USD internationally! :wideeyed: That beats Jurassic World by one day. 12 days and that doesn't even include China where the movie won't be released until Jan 9, 2016.
Cam Copies hit the web yesterday - I will wait till there is a clean one. I was gunna go see it in 3d but after reading some comments on it I think I will just wait.
Unusual for her, my wife wants to go see this one in the theaters! :o_O: Seeing as how she is more of a "Lifetime" movies fan, her wanting to really see this one caught me off guard so I think we're going to try & get to it next Sunday at the local Movie Tavern (dinner while watching movie). We both wear glasses so I think the 3D option is out for us as well.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database