Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Sci-Fi Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens (2015)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sleepybison, May 4, 2014.

1. sleepybison

sleepybison Cadet

2. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

With Episode VII taking place about 30 years after Return Of The Jedi I think it is inevitable that some elements of the original trilogy will be present to transition to the new actors & story lines.

I just hope Disney doesn't go overboard by making it a kids film like Episode 1 turned out.

3. Kevin

4. Kevin

The first full length trailer is out! I... I want see this one; might actually go to a theater for it. :jedi:

5. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

This is one of those theater 3d must sees.

6. Kevin

I wear prescription glasses and have yet to find a local theater with 3-D glasses meant for people like me. :watching: :banghead:

7. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

I do too, Kevin. I just put the 3ds over my scripts - works okay but looks ridiculous. You could also remove the ear mounts and glue some pipe cleaner hooks to then so they hook onto your glasses like those sunglasses for glasses.

8. jaguarstigress

jaguarstigress KING EZEKIEL'S QUEEN

MIDNIGHT, TEXAS. A Quiet Sleepy Little Place.
    I actually turned on ESPN last night to watch the trailer. Looks pretty awesome possum. Did anyone purchase tickets for the movie before all the ticket places crashed last night?

9. Kevin

I didn't even try; my guess is the local theaters will be a mob scene for the first week of release. I'll wait a bit until the crowds settle down so I can catch it as a quieter matinee.

10. jaguarstigress

jaguarstigress KING EZEKIEL'S QUEEN

MIDNIGHT, TEXAS. A Quiet Sleepy Little Place.
    That's the best way to go. I have in the past have gone to the 1st day or premiere night of films, but it has gotten worse through the years. Too much humanity and I can't enjoy the film with all the overcrowding of people. I don't mind anymore going to blockbuster films a few days or a week later.

11. Kevin

Any theories on why C-3PO has a red arm in The Force Awakens?

Here a new Duracell commercial shows the arm clearly.

12. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

Star Wars Comic Book to Explain C-3PO’s Red Arm

[​IMG]

Comics Relief: Marvel Reveals the Story Behind C-3PO’s New Red Arm | Nerdist

We have a bad feeling about this, and when we thought about it really, really, really carefully, there was only one conclusion. C-3PO may well have joined the Dark Side/First Order.

Now before you think we've really lost it, pause for a second and think: Luke Skywalker has previously been rumoured to have strayed from his noble path in Episode VII, so it's hardly unreasonable to think that C-3PO might have followed him.

Or y'know, perhaps he might join the First Order in protest, after being traded in for a younger, cuter droid like BB-8?

[​IMG]
    Has C-3PO joined The Dark Side or is he just seeing red?

13. Kevin

The Japanese market trailer has dropped. Ooooooh, that shot of the Tie fighters coming in with sun setting behind them..... :love:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  14. Kevin

For anybody with Verizon FiOS, check out channel 601 the night of the Monday the 14th.

15. Kevin

For the most part the Verizon coverage was pretty boring except for this part where Carrie Fisher may have... uhm, how to put this delicately... missed taking some meds.

16. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

Cam Copies hit the web yesterday - I will wait till there is a clean one. I was gunna go see it in 3d but after reading some comments on it I think I will just wait.

17. Kevin

12 days. That is how long it took for Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens to gross $1 Billion USD internationally! :wideeyed: That beats Jurassic World by one day. 12 days and that doesn't even include China where the movie won't be released until Jan 9, 2016.
    Unusual for her, my wife wants to go see this one in the theaters! :o_O: Seeing as how she is more of a "Lifetime" movies fan, her wanting to really see this one caught me off guard so I think we're going to try & get to it next Sunday at the local Movie Tavern (dinner while watching movie). We both wear glasses so I think the 3D option is out for us as well.

18. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

Those 3d glasses fit over my glasses with no problem - it looks goofy but it works

19. astonwest

astonwest Writing Fool Writer

The 3D glasses have never given me a good experience with my prescription eyeglasses. Maybe it's just in my head that I know I'm looking at a generated image?

That said, I've seen it twice. Enjoyed it both times. Quite a number of repeated themes from episode IV, but overall a good plot all in itself. I'll avoid giving any spoilers for now...

20. Kevin

I've got a pair of tickets reserved for the local Movie Tavern this Sunday to see Episode VII in 3D.

My wife is happy and I get to see a new Star Wars movie in a theater. Win-Win. :jiggy: