Sci-Fi Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

The 3D glasses have never given me a good experience with my prescription eyeglasses. Maybe it's just in my head that I know I'm looking at a generated image?

That said, I've seen it twice. Enjoyed it both times. Quite a number of repeated themes from episode IV, but overall a good plot all in itself. I'll avoid giving any spoilers for now...

Those 3d glasses fit over my glasses with no problem - it looks goofy but it works
The 3D glasses have never given me a good experience with my prescription eyeglasses.
I've got a pair of tickets reserved for the local Movie Tavern this Sunday to see Episode VII in 3D.

My wife is happy and I get to see a new Star Wars movie in a theater. Win-Win. :jiggy:

I've got a pair of tickets reserved for the local Movie Tavern this Sunday to see Episode VII in 3D.
Well, that was a fun movie! I can see why it has been described as a 'retro' movie as it harks back to the original Star Wars (aka: Episode IV, aka: A New Hope) movie trilogy so much. I think they did a good job of answering some questions right away in VII while leaving other big questions unanswered setting up episode VIII.

The visuals of the film was really well executed and, though it could be just a predisposed opinion, I think you can tell the difference in quality between the physical sets that Abrams used and all of the CGI green-screen sets that Lucas used for the prequels. Be on the lookout for some scenes where rays of light are used to illuminate the characters. The John Williams score fit in perfectly with the prior scores he did for the franchise. While I didn't come away humming any particular bit of music like the original movie the music still 'feels' like Star Wars.