what do you think of star wars?

• bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • very bad

• hate it

• Total voters
whoa ppl. this topic was meant for those who liked star wars to chat about it. now its all fine and good if you dont like some/all of them, but please if you want to talk about how you dont like em, then start a separite thread for that.

Dim Bulb said:
whoa ppl. this topic was meant for those who liked star wars to chat about it. now its all fine and good if you dont like some/all of them, but please if you want to talk about how you dont like em, then start a separite thread for that.
This entire site/forum is open for discussion ;)

~~Spongy!

I have strong opinions, dont like them too bad for you. I'll argue with you if you want but I'll win and I wont get tired of aruging either. either deal with or run and cry to the admin and get me booted. there's your ONLY 2 options

For Sale:
Star Wars Memorbilia 1978 - 2002

anyone interested in a rare collection of Star Wars Memoribila ranging from boxed figures from '78 to one of kind Darth Vader helmet (I met one of the guys in sydney who was working on EP I, long story but he was a cool guy)
There is ALOT of stuff in this collection including a rare canadian only Money box.

asking price
-- AUS $90,000.

interested?

no I didnt make that up I own a massive collection, were talking MASSIVE.

dont think many people are. People try to talk Star Wars with me, or try to talk up their collections....then they see mine and I own them totally...

Its worth 90,000 buckaroos....you figure it out ay......I should type up a list or somthing that lists it all but geez, Im too lazy

hohoho

Gendo said:
I have strong opinions, dont like them too bad for you. I'll argue with you if you want but I'll win and I wont get tired of aruging either. either deal with or run and cry to the admin and get me booted. there's your ONLY 2 options
i dont want to get u booted. it was just a request that i any of u dont like star wars and want to talk about it, that great. but please dont do it here.

i dont really have enough money to do a collection, but i do have a few action figures. worth nil cuz my friends and i played games with em and im not really into the whole collecting thing.

After years of waiting, hype and hope, the rumors can at last be laid to rest: the holy grail of DVD will finally be released this September. Yes, it is the original Star Wars trilogy: Episodes IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (which many regard as the best in the series) and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

While a full press release has yet to be issued, both Lucasfilm and Fox Home Entertainment confirmed today that the trilogy will touch down on September 21st as a four-disc set, available in both anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions, containing the three films plus a bonus fourth disc with extras, a la the top-selling Adventures of Indiana Jones set released late last year. The films will not be sold separately, at least initially, according to Fox representatives.

While the long-held rumor was that George Lucas would wait until the completion of Star Wars Episode III, due in theaters in May 2005, to release the original trilogy on DVD, Lucasfilm VP of Market Jim Ward revealed today that Lucas "found some time" in his schedule and "was willing and eager to make it happen."

Today's announcement came early and without finalized specs due in part to the intense anticipation amongst consumers for the titles. "We are currently in the process of restoring and remastering all three titles for the DVD release, so we're still working on details of the marketing strategy," revealed Ward, not before adding with knowing understatement, "but I believe that it is safe to say that it will receive tremendous exposure across all media."

According to Fox Home Entertainment president Mike Dunn, both the studio and Lucasfilm arrived at the September 21st date to gain maximum exposure during the holiday season: "We sold about 17 million VHS 'Star Wars' units during two fall release periods in '95 and '97," he explained. "With that in mind, we designed our release strategy to pick the best release date that had the most gentle sales curve decline on home video."

While the full details on what extras will be included in the set are still pending, Ward promises that Lucasfilm "are creating added-value material that gets inside the creation of the 'Star Wars' films in a fresh and fun way. We want watching this DVD collection to be as memorable as seeing the movies for the first time." He also confirmed that rumors that Lucas would not contribute new audio commentaries to the set are false, although there are as of yet no exact details on which films will receive commentary tracks, and who will be among the participants.

Of course, the big question mark amongst fans has always been whether Lucas would allow the original, unaltered original editions of the trilogy to also be released on DVD. Not possible, said Ward, who confirmed that the upcoming set will feature only the 1997 Special Edition versions of each film. "What George did in 1997," Ward explains, "was [to] make the movie he originally wanted to make."

So what are the faithful to do if they don't want to watch the altered 1997 editions of the trilogy? Either give in, or don't buy. "We realize there's a lot of debate out there," says Ward. "But this is not a democracy. We love our fans, but this is about art and filmmaking. [George] has decided that the sole version he wants available is this one."

With no press release due for at least several weeks, watch this space for further updates as September 21st approaches. We'll keep you posted, and as always.... May the Force Be With You.

I'll buy them, so long as there not a squillion dollars (Ep II was like 45 bucks) and I also DO NOT want them chocked full of audio commentary by Lucas (anyone listened to EP I commantary? god its dull) and 4 disc's of features. I JUST WANT THE ORGINAL MOVIES OVER 3 DVD'S THANK YOU!

I'm guessing that it's going to be about 65 bucks for the set. If I'm right, that's not too bad. But who knows.

My boyfriend is going to be VERY happy to hear about this. He's absolutely in love with the series. I've actually only seen the first 3 once and I didn't like them all that much...LOL

If you buy the set when it first comes out, it will be much cheaper (on sale). I bought the Indiana Jones set for $40 and most places had it for $45-$50 when it came out. I imagine Star Wars will be the same price.