Sci-Fi Stargate: Atlantis

But I don't want to post them in the public area yet. They are such powerful spoilers that I'd rather have heard them as they came about. You can search for them no doubt, but tbh I wouldn't read them if I were you.

They cover two characters joining/rejoining the cast. The first I think will promote discussion about the growth of scifi into the mainstream, the second a bad decision based on viewer demand.

We'll wait till nearer the season and then post the news for those that haven't heard by then

I'm curious about the two characters.... spill the beans but wrap the answer inside of the spoiler tag!

Example...
[spoiler=The surprise ending goes here!]Description goes here[/spoiler]
Description goes here

Last edited:
1. Sam Carter giving up command of Atlantis. Whooley getting it!! Would you believe it. Although maybe I see this as a character development representative of the mainstreams gradual acceptance of Sf as a worthy genre. 2. They are bringing back Dr Beckett for either 5 or 6 episodes due to viewer demand. That just plain sucks. Reviving people is not on, a sick and twisted Dallas plot imo.]The 2 character changes

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Sam Carter giving up command of Atlantis. Whooley getting it!! Would you believe it. Although maybe I see this as a character development representative of the mainstreams gradual acceptance of Sf as a worthy genre. 2. They are bringing back Dr Beckett for either 5 or 6 episodes due to viewer demand. That just plain sucks. Reviving people is not on, a sick and twisted Dallas plot imo.]The 2 character changes
I wonder if Carter giving up command has anything to do with Sanctuary being picked up as a series now

Last edited:
How cool would this have been?

Joseph Mallozi shares what would have happened if we'd been allowed a season 6 of SG Atlantis.. or even a movie....

the movie would have opened on a shot that revealed Atlantis’s new home on the lunar surface. We learn that the gate has been offline since its return to Earth but, under pressure from the IOA, the decision is made to bring it back online, have it supersede the Earth gate, and make it a permanent lunar base. The decision isn’t embraced by everyone. Woolsey and McKay, for instance, point out that they still have a responsibility to the people of the Pegasus galaxy. Of course the IOA are hardly moved.
Unfortunately, when the gate is finally brought back online, Zelenka reports a build up of energy in the capacitors. Too late they realize that the Ancients put a failsafe in place in the event Atlantis was moved. McKay realizes – the city will self-destruct unless it returns to the Pegasus galaxy.
Woolsey gets the band back together, transporting John and Ronon up from the hospital emergency room where they are getting fixed up following a bar room brawl (an opportunity to write in the scar actor Jason Momoa had received at the time). John, in turn, pays a visit to Area 51 and, again under the heavy protests of the IOA, springs his buddy, Todd.
March 31, 2013: Days of Stargate Atlantis past concludes! Stargate: Extinction! And beyond! | Joseph Mallozzi's Weblog

*cries*