State of Grace

SARK!! This should be interesting. Wonder what Jack will think of Sark's participation?

Will working at APO! Cool beans.

Poor Tom. I love how he questioned Sydney's past with Sark. Too funny.

Spy Daddy and Spy Mommy! (y)

Can't wait to see where this all goes! Thanks for the pm :smiley:

~vana

“Julian Sark. Brilliant, young, handsome, evil and he knows it too. We’ve had a few run-ins.”
she forgot cocky as hell.

ofcourse sark knows whats going on.
great update.

Sydney needs to pace herself better. The message from Sark is very interesting. He is up to something. I hope it is something good for Nadia's sake.
Thanks for the PM

To everyone: Thanks for the reviews! I'm just as glad as you all to have Sark back.

To stella1: Don't worry, I love Nadia and promise she will be reappering in the next couple of chapters.

Chapter 14

Sydney

I couldn’t believe it! Sark, had just called APO(I didn’t want to even think about how he had gotten the number) and said he could help Nadia.

I was torn. On one hand, Sark was evil as they come. But on the other I wanted to help Nadia, and the more I knew about Sark, the more I realized the man was comprised of many layers, some good, some bad.

So instead of destroying the message, I took it to my dad.

“So Sark called here, last night and Tom got the message?”

“That’s right.”

“And Sark claims to be able to help Nadia.”

I nodded.

“And all you have is that number?”

I nodded again, “I wanted to get some of your thoughts on the matter, before I do anything.”

Dad sighed, and rubbed his chin, then pushed the phone on his desk over to me, “Call him.”

I picked up the phone and dialed, the number rang and rang and after about the fortieth ring, when I was about to hang up, it picked up.

“Patience is a virtue, Agent Bristow.”

“Hello Sark.”

“Sydney? Hello, I knew it would be one of you, you or your father.”

“Who has Nadia?”

“Not the kind of thing we can talk about over the phone. We need to meet, face to face.”

“Where?”

“Bombay, there’s a restaurant in the Windward district called The Palace, be there in two nights at 7pm local time.”

“Someone will be there.”

“No, Sydney, you need to be there. You or no information.”

“I can’t be there Sark, I just can’t.”

“What happen, Vaughn knock you up or something?”

I took a deep breath, trying to control myself, “It’s none of your business. All I can say is that if you want to talk to me, pick a place in LA.”

Sark sighed, “Fine. Coincidentally enough, there is a restaurant in LA, on Broadway, named The Palace. Two nights from now, 7pm, be there.”

My dad whispered, “Insist on bringing two back-ups!”

Knowing Sark would refuse, I said, “We each get to bring one back-up.”

He paused, and for a terrifying moment, I thought he was going to refuse, and I knew my dad would never sanction the meet.

Sark sighed, “What the hell, bring two. See you at seven.”

He hung up and I did too, turning to face my dad, “I have the meet, we can bring two.”

Dad nodded, “Good, Tom and Rachel will go with you. Tom can be with you the whole time, Rachel will blend into the crowd, keep an eye out for an ambush.”

My dad called in Tom and Rachel and told them about the meet with Sark. We got special comms that Rachel and Marshall had tweaked, so that they couldn’t be picked up by scanners.

The night of the meet, Tom and I arrived at ten to seven. We sat down at a table, and, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Rachel go and sit down at the bar. At seven, I saw Sark and a man, his other was probably combing the crowd like Rachel, make their way to our table.

“Hello Sydney.”

“Sark.”

They sat down across from us.

“Who has taken her?”

“Rambaldi fanatics, a powerful group known as The Clan.”

“A group of Rambaldi crazies? Then why hasn’t anyone been able to locate her?” I was shocked.

“Because Rambaldi, like any other cult belief attracts a number of odd followers. The more radical the beliefs, many actors and singers and politicians will get into it.”

Now Tom spoke, “You’re telling me her sister was kidnapped by Pamela Anderson?”

Sark glared at him, “Directly, no. But these celebrities have money and immunity. Politicians have access to special files. These people aren’t easy to find, if they don’t want to be found.”

“So how did you find them then?”

“Your mother.”

“Mom, she-”

“Called me up, yes. She couldn’t directly contact you, so she suggested that I do it.”

“Where is Nadia being held?”

“In a warehouse in London.”

I felt his hand brush my knee, under the table, and he handed me a disk, “All the information you need will be on there.”

“Thanks.”

We all stood, then Sark said to his man, “John,” then he turned to face Tom and nodded at him, “would you please give us a moment.”

Sark’s man walked off, and I turned to look at Tom who shrugged and walked over to the bar, a couple seats down from Rachel.

Sark followed him and glanced at Rachel, “She’s pretty. A protégé of yours?”

“In a matter of speaking. Sark, what do you want?”

He drew his eyes away from Rachel and looked straight into mine, “I was sorry to hear about Vaughn. I found out about it yesterday.”

“Thank you,” I said stiffly.

“I know what it is like to lose someone you love. If you ever need any help, need to find anyone, get in anywhere. Let me know.”

I nodded, then walked to the door, Tom and Rachel got up and followed me out.

i loved the whole [/quote] You’re telling me her sister was kidnapped by Pamela Anderson?” [/] thats hillarious!!!and sark!!! wow hes acting a bit weird!! and so kind!! whats up with that?? (not that i mind persay)

I am very surprised that Sark said he would help her anytime. I do not trust him, I will never trust him, ever!
Thanks for the PM

Thanks for the pm. Good chapter! I'm not surprised that Irina would contact Sydney through Sark. I think even Jack had an inkling that Irina was behind it. :Ponder:

I have no problem believing that Sark would offer to help Sydney. He has always admired her as an adversary, despite many of the the actions he's taken.

Are Tom and Sydney going to rescue Nadia now?? Can't wait for an update :smiley:

~vana

Wow, I like this, a lot. Hmm...Sark seems a little...nicer than usual, but that's awesome. You seem to capture the characters' personalities perfectly, I love it.

Keep going!

Could I get a PM when you've updated? Pretty please?

Back