Steph Says (including update info...)

Makkah

Cadet
Warrior + Cleric = Templar
Cleric + Warrior = Paladin

The Broken may incorporate a vampire concept. As I am a bloodsucking aficionado, I'm sure they will work into the lore somehow. :smiley:

Steph
HJ Lead Designer

-------------------------------------------------

<<Do you have a table of potential class names based on primary / secondary combinations?>>

Yes, we do. At some point in the future, when we do updates to the site regarding the class types, we'll disclose them all. :smiley:

This month's update is not going to be lore (sorry lore-heads), but I'll see if we can do one next month. I'm wanting to do some class-specific lore, and we might finally have enough in-game art to do it up properly. :smiley:

Steph
HJ Lead Designer

Sources: play.net >> Login to play.net!
play.net >> Login to play.net!

Oh well... at least we know they're Templars.

An excellent find, Makkah. Thanks for posting it!

I am sure one could come up with other class combinations and still label oneself a 'Paladin.' I wonder if the class combos are anything more than just titles. Perhaps special powers/abilities come with certain combos?
I can't wait until they divulge the rest of that list. :smiley:

Thanks Makkah... you know how 90% of us here don't read the official forums because they're so god-awful to navigate and generally use! :smiley:

Also, one other thing... is it just me or are those descriptions around the wrong way? I would think of Paladins as being Warrior-plus and Templars as being Cleric-plus, not vice versa.

I'm not entirely sure it can be defined one way or another. I mean templars and paladins are not what they were in the real world no matter how you look at it. I'd say the definitions are really up for grabs.

I agree with that Gate, they're just titles. I don't think in a fantasy setting it really matters. Where's the good ol' prelate title? LoL

Gate said:
I'm not entirely sure it can be defined one way or another. I mean templars and paladins are not what they were in the real world no matter how you look at it. I'd say the definitions are really up for grabs.
Yeah, but even in fantasy, you see the Paladins using swords, etc, which shouts "warrior" more than "cleric" to me, you know? Clerics, in fantasy, are always grabbing maces, etc.

That's why I'd equate a Paladin's main class more as a warrior.

It's a roleplay/fantasy game. You can choose any combination and roleplay it out to be either one. Choose what you like to be what you want.

Luciro said:
Well not any combination. Still no rogue/rogue. :(

*pat pat*

On that topic- has it ever been officially said that there are no pure classes? I know they talk about the class/sub-class system, but I don't recall them ever knocking pure classes out explicitly. Anyone help me out there? There is also the possiblity that they've changed things anyway during this time of silence.

I hope for pure classes as much as you do- I'm up for as much variety in PCs as possible.

Back